Mechanical Effects and Problems Mod

ok I will decrease a bit
I was Planning to increase the Chance of Major damage instead of Minor damage. so that if you have any problem you will have it hard and may be your race end in one corner instead of nursing the Problem for laps.

I like the idea of that :)
I instal my mods with ryders mod manager so I can use the "light" version for 100% races and the "harder" version for shorter races

I will Keep the Effects to same as the Light but the Consequences will be hard. I will try to get the effects balanced.
My theory is Low effects means AI are also Not in trouble and when it comes to player it's down to him. Manage well no problems or else it could be a Problematic race.

New Version is under testing and i want to Share the Results of that
My friend In Career mode did 100% races with New values and He observed with the Values of 3.1
He took new engine to test the New file.
Engine Wear - Session
99 - End of FP3
98 - End of Q3
93 - Start of Bahrain FP3 i.e End of Race in China
92 - End of FP3
90 - End of Q3
84 - Start of Spanish FP3.
Now i want your views on this.What should i improve or should i Keep it like this.
Also He told me that as the Engine Life was Getting Decreased the Power was getting cut off.He also thinks that was effecting Gearbox.

remydeleeuw
This is the Version you may like as all the Values of Effects are decreased but if you do Mistake then the Chances of Getting Major Damaged is raised to Maximum.
Download Here V3.1 Beta
And i'm requesting more people to give feedback about their Impressions. Cos if i over do it to equal my liking it may cause problems.
Updates in Beta V3.1 : Every Problem was decreased but the Chances of Having Major Problem is Now maximized. It was a beta to collect the data and as per the results. I will release the V 3.2

Kartik, I was tempted to download your mod, but now I've decided not to. The reason being is that I have now disabled car status from my OSD in races, as I want to try to get the feeling of how my car is for myself in-race without having to look at my car status all the time. My own judgement on the state of my car, tyres, tempratures, and also just use the advice of my race engineer. I'm trying to make my racing experience as real as possible, as a driver wouldn't have this information readily available to him in-race, he would just rely on his own gut feeling about how the car is handling, plus the advice of his race engineer.

Kartik, I was tempted to download your mod, but now I've decided not to. The reason being is that I have now disabled car status from my OSD in races, as I want to try to get the feeling of how my car is for myself in-race without having to look at my car status all the time. My own judgement on the state of my car, tyres, tempratures, and also just use the advice of my race engineer. I'm trying to make my racing experience as real as possible, as a driver wouldn't have this information readily available to him in-race, he would just rely on his own gut feeling about how the car is handling, plus the advice of his race engineer.
Not a Problem mate. I too will try like this but after the Completion of the mod as i don't have enough time.

remydeleeuw
This is the Version you may like as all the Values of Effects are decreased but if you do Mistake then the Chances of Getting Major Damaged is raised to Maximum.
Download Here V3.1 Beta
And i'm requesting more people to give feedback about their Impressions. Cos if i over do it to equal my liking it may cause problems.
Updates in Beta V3.1 : Every Problem was decreased but the Chances of Having Major Problem is Now maximized. It was a beta to collect the data and as per the results. I will release the V 3.2

I can test it but it will be monday cause I'm not at home now. But I will test it :)

Should i enable Minor or Major Damage when Sudden Deceleration occurs like a Sudden Change of Speed around 40 MPH or 45 MPH.
At the End of Long straights if you try to decrease the Speed Very quickly from the above stated range the car will be Vulnerable to Damage for Engine and Gearbox and if Repeat of doing same thing results a Terminal Damage.
If People want it then i will add it to next version

Should i enable Minor or Major Damage when Sudden Deceleration occurs like a Sudden Change of Speed around 40 MPH or 45 MPH.
At the End of Long straights if you try to decrease the Speed Very quickly from the above stated range the car will be Vulnerable to Damage for Engine and Gearbox and if Repeat of doing same thing results a Terminal Damage.
If People want it then i will add it to next version

this sounds great. if this is possible, please add this feature.

i have one more question. could you release for version 3.2 a 25% version (and maybe a 50% version for the guys driving 50% races). i know, this mod is just under development but i would like to test this mod too but don't want to drive 100% races every time.

if you could just increase the damage rates for the mechanical parts a bit for 25% or 50% versions. that would be great.

really nice work so far.

this sounds great. if this is possible, please add this feature.
i have one more question. could you release for version 3.2 a 25% version (and maybe a 50% version for the guys driving 50% races). i know, this mod is just under development but i would like to test this mod too but don't want to drive 100% races every time.

if you could just increase the damage rates for the mechanical parts a bit for 25% or 50% versions. that would be great.

really nice work so far.
The 25% and 50% mods are in Pipeline and according to remydeleeuw i Developed one which effects very highly which suits better for 50% races.
I don't remember which version it was but if you ask him. He may tell you which one it was

When i added this feature the AI was really having Problems with Hills Competitive breaking mod
With normal breaking there was no problems was there. So i was trying to balance it.
It may take some more time to develop a new one as i also need to do my Personal works too:D

Look at what happened here :) :thumbsup:
Kobayashi has blown his engine :)
2013-02-28_00004.jpg
2013-02-28_00002.jpg

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering