Mechanical Effects and Problems Mod

Hi Kartik,

Honestly I got a little bored with v 3.1 beta as I wouldn't get any mech failures and my engine would get light orange at best, with my gearbox staying pristine. That was with Toro Rosso at Silverstone in career, and I was having the same results running a few single race runs at Hockenheimring.

So... I switched back to v. 2.0 for my Hockenheimring career race and truly had a handful! 3 KERS failures, a short one in the 1st 10 laps, another 10-lap one in the middle of the race, and a last one on the last lap! Got annoying but sure helped to spice things up! :D

Gearbox went light orange but engine steadily reddened as I went on, and I started getting smoke about 10 laps before finish. Still, it didn't seem to hamper my performance as I got where I wanted to get in that race!

I don't know what you'll make out of this report... It seems quite complicated and really dependent on the driver's style. But all the same, thanks, and keep it on! :thumbsup:

P.S.: Using a wheel, all assists off.

Hi Kartik,

Honestly I got a little bored with v 3.1 beta as I wouldn't get any mech failures and my engine would get light orange at best, with my gearbox staying pristine. That was with Toro Rosso at Silverstone in career, and I was having the same results running a few single race runs at Hockenheimring.

So... I switched back to v. 2.0 for my Hockenheimring career race and truly had a handful! 3 KERS failures, a short one in the 1st 10 laps, another 10-lap one in the middle of the race, and a last one on the last lap! Got annoying but sure helped to spice things up! :D

Gearbox went light orange but engine steadily reddened as I went on, and I started getting smoke about 10 laps before finish. Still, it didn't seem to hamper my performance as I got where I wanted to get in that race!

I don't know what you'll make out of this report... It seems quite complicated and really dependent on the driver's style. But all the same, thanks, and keep it on! :thumbsup:

P.S.: Using a wheel, all assists off.
Good to Hear. I was still Looking to balance the problems.
You won't have Major problem for Every race but still you need to look for your car. This is my Main Point of Development, I was still working on a New version but the balance is still not there which is the reason no new update is there.
I developed V3.1 Beta to Have much lesser Problems but if you Drive like maniac it may cause a Problem, But my Main problem is even with Highest Problem Chance i didn't have any issues and i can finish the race easily.which is hampering the Sweet Spot of Mod.

So, you've only edited the standard.hdm, right? I included it into the ryder's two skin raceload.jpk ... haven't had any mech. failures nor had the AI now in 12 races (usually 25% for testing my own performance mod). Using 3.1

Hm, I noticed the AI gets broken engines usually at round 3-5 but never in the late race, which makes no real sense to me, any idea what could cause the issue or is it even a common issue?

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back