HF2000

Thou shall not pass!!!
Staff
Premium
1689873993762-png.681573

1689873804733-png.681571
A46D0054.jpg

Welcome to the RD Racing Club.

After China with slow corners and a long straight and flat surface we're now going to a track with lots of high speed corners and elevations. Situated in the woods and with a lot of noce objects, Pinwheel circuit has a very noce atmosphere and is a real joy to drive.
upload_2021-12-8_10-45-41-png.7076

Go to the FWD vs RWD series Q2 using the Emperor account you have been given and register with your steamID.

If you don't have an Emperor account yet, ask for one by posting in this thread (only for premium members).

Server information:
  • Server: Racedepartment Server 1 Password: standard password, if you don't know that, ask for it in this thread and it will be send in a PM.
  • 20:00 CEST, 19:00 BST (18:00 UTC) | 60 minutes - Official Practice
  • 21:05 CEST, 20:05 BST (19:05 UTC) | 20 minutes - Qualification
  • 21:30 CEST, 20:30 BST (19:30 UTC) | 60 minutes - Race
  • Practiceserver available during the week. Same password.
Event details:
Useful Links:
Entry list (tab entrants)

Last edited:
What a rollercoaster of a track! Amazing flow, although some turns are quite tricky (for me at least).
I also love the detailed world around the track and performance is amazing for the amount of moving parts it packs! In VR this is quite the treat. :thumbsup:

See you Wednesday!

That was fun!

Did a series of laps on the practice server, learning the flow.

PB'd in practice, should've done that in qualy :cool: .

Race, P4 on the grid, wrong side of the track and Jari next to me, guaranteed loss of position there, the man's too strong for me in the corners. But.. still alive, that's always great. Little tap on the back from Andre at the hairpin (I still can't brake as late as you fast guys), but I could go on, chasing Han for a while, but he gained pace and I couldn't get my rhythm just yet.

Again, main focus today: stay on the track, and apart from some wheels out in the slowing sand, I managed quite okay. Lost some focus near the end, but PB'd again in one of the last laps.

A bit lonely, but good fun anyway, happy with staying alive!

Congrats to the podium, especially Rico for leading the pack for a lot of laps with strong pace!

Thanks Han!

Next!

Last edited:
Had to tape it back to the floor during qualy :cool: #poormansrig
View attachment 748990
Well it worked Bouke, you were very quick throughout practice, qualy and the race, just think how quick you would be with pedals that didn't move!:D
For me it was another start from the back in P14 but by the end of lap one I was up to P8 and having fun battling with Ricardo and Steve. A steady drive with only one slight off into the gravel at the last chicane had me finish a safe P7.
Well done podiums and thanks to Han as always for another interesting track.

There is still time to sign up for something different tonight with the Cupra Challenge at the Nurburgring.

Why the Abarth was so competitive here is a mystery to me, obviously enjoyed racing here and with all of you. The only thing that stopped me going Suzuki was the start and long straights. Could do little about Rico P, so I just had to be patient. I enjoyed the fact that it was so even amongst us that it was never one of those forgone conclusion races.
I must obviously thank Han for a great circuit choice ;) and for his efforts to bring us something different every week.

Last edited:
This was not my best performance, but oh boy it was fun! Never a dull moment last night! :D

Started off trying to get my nose in the fight between Paul and Steve, then Paul went for the undercut and I decided to try my luck for another 2 or 3 laps to no avail. My undercut was unlucky, came out into traffic and to a nice fight between José and André. After a few minutes we all caught up to Steve again and thigs got even more chaotic. Then I saw Steve drop out and shortly after André as well :(.
I continued trading blows with José until the last 10 minutes when he had to pit. José, you are having great pace and getting more consistent every race, really nice to watch! :thumbsup:

The good:
Track has great flow, had lots of nice fights. Fun!

The bad:
Made a few mistakes here and there, probably due to the more technical corners and lack of skill/concentration. As mentioned, I don't think I was driving at my best pace.

The ugly:
Man, was it hard to overtake with the Suzuki on this track!!! At least for me, the turns where I would get some advantage I would either not be able to capitalize because a Mazda was blocking the way, or it would immediately be followed by a long straight where the only thing I could do was watch the whole move get undone. Frustrating!

Congrats to the podiums, welcome Andrew and thanks Han for hosting it!
See you next week! (or maybe tonight, that Cupra challenge looks really enticing, I think I might join...)
- Ricardo

Thanks all for racing, guys! Ernie in the Abarth was surprisingly fast. I guess that the banking of the corners helped to mitigate the understeer of the Fiat. And there weren't enough slow corners where the Suzuki could gain on the other cars.

Next week known territory for the guys from the UK: https://www.overtake.gg/threads/maz...i-swift-london-redux-wed-1st-may-2024.271461/

Don't forget to vote for the Track of the Month: https://www.overtake.gg/threads/vote-now-for-track-of-the-month-april-2024.271439/

Last edited:
What a track and what a race! I think these types of tracks might be my favorite; fast, not a lot of hard braking and a couple of corners you have to get just right to gain a lot of time.

My second podium as well! I would like to thank Jason, Thomas and Fulvio for not participating... I couldn't have done it with you :p

During practice I was having a lot of trouble finding a good flow, so I tried some laps on lower fuel and immediately saw my times plummet. The car felt so much better. It started to feel more like an extension of myself than a thing I have to drive around.

It worked out nicely as I qualified second. When the race started I had some luck being able to overtake Ernie, but we both had to concede our position to Allan who just looked like he was on a rocket from the line. You're going to have to teach me how you get away so fast, Allan!

For the first few laps I was closely following Allan. I tried to put some pressure on him, while not trying to fight him too much as I wanted to grow the gap behind us.

A few laps in, I got lucky as Allan just barely touched the gravel and I could fly past him. What followed was 30 minutes of trying to stay ahead of everyone. Ernie made it really hard for me as he was gaining pace so I knew I had to keep pushing.

All went well for a while and eventually I decided to pit. That's when everything went downhill. I must've lost like 4-5 seconds in 2 laps. Now suddenly Allan and Ernie were only a few seconds away. Fatigue set in and with it concentration went away. I tried as hard as I could, but my mistakes eventually cost me two positions and there was no way but a miracle for me to still win it. Kudos to Allan and Ernie for being so consistent and finding more pace at the end of the race. Truly deserved the podium. :)

I was a bit sad for giving away my first win, but the battles and respectful racing made up for it.

Thanks Allan and Ernie for the great racing! One of these days I'll get you ;)

It was also great to see another newcomer after Gavin joined us a couple of races ago. Hope you had fun @toosox! Don't get discouraged if you're not as fast as you hoped to be. There are some really fast guys in this group. With enough practice you'll get better in no time!

Thanks everyone, hope to see you again next week!

I really enjoyed this one, even when I was situated in the back of the race I had many battles that I really enjoyed, mainly with Ricardo who always is clean and respectfully, do not change man.
I also want to mention how much I learned in the practice days when I cross with Bouke or Ricardo in the server, they share lines and setups and are always kind to support.
@Bouke, I am happy I did not see you in the back of the race passing everyone this time, well done.
And last but not least thank you Han, we all appreciate your dedication to prepare this races.
I am travelling coming week, but count me down for the next race.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.