Misc LS Cockpit Camera Mod

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yup :)

I've just noticed I missed a Mercedes file out, and Position 3 folder names are incorrect - all fixed in v1.21 which will be uploaded later.

I'm just finishing the images comparisons now, then will quickly chuck a video together if I have time, then update the main mod page with better information - all hopefully within the next few hours...

Give me a clue, I want to use the 4th picture down in the Mclaren, which one is it?
(Respectfully) LOL. :p

Fourth picture = Position 4, all pics on overview page are "Normal FOV" - you'll then need to decide which effects to have, and that's it.

BTW, they're pictures of Mercedes not McLaren (which may make a slight difference).

Hi,

I have been using this mod for a while now and I think it's quite good. However, the camera is placed too high in my opinion. When under braking, the camera position is absolutely perfect for me. Could you please make that height the normal point of view?

In case you don't want to update all of them, this is the version I use:
15) Position 2 - Normal FOV - Enhanced Head Physics - Original Environment Effects

Thanks in advance!

Thanks so much in advance!

The car I use most is Force India (because it's the most difficult to drive because of the high placement of the wheel). Other cars are Ferrari and Caterham. :D

Well I've done as you requested - I took the original camera option number "15)" and used a Ferrari which originaly gives this view within normal driving...
j76e5j.jpg

...and during breaking giving this view...
2z6iart.jpg

...which I then edited the non-braking general view to match the above picture which now gives this as the normal driving view...
35cogie.jpg

...which in motion is...

Am I along the right track? (pun intended)

Awesome! Personally I would like to see it even lower, but don't waste too much time if you don't want too.

Can't wait for the download link! ;)

Last edited:
The problem is, when you lower the camera while leaving it pointed downward (in the previous test the angle was lowered much more than the height) then you're just looking at the car and not outside of it.

Going by real life images...
2epsmy0.jpg

...the drivers obviously sit low down, but can still get a relatively good view outside of the cockpit with eye level being noticeably (in a subtle yet significant manner) higher than cars body directly in front of him .

So I've had to find a balance (which is a fine art) of height vs angle, plus I had to halve the amount of vertical drop under braking as it was getting to the point where you simply couldn't see the track at all. Apart from editing coordinates and other factors within 3 if not 4 decimal places (which would be overkill) I ultimately don't think it'll get much better than this new test...

For some reason the RD file system doesn't recognise the xml or even rar files, so I've had to put a download link within the YouTube video description - just note that it's just for the Ferrari for now - I'll need feedback / approval before I consider doing more cars.

Last edited:
With my OCD going into overdrive, after more tweaking specifically around a 21:9 monitor I came up with the following (presented in 16:9 mode)...
2m7t0mq.jpg

...which works well for both aspect ratios, so I'm probably going to do another update soon for all cars, but without optional FOV and position variants this time - I'll just make head physics & environmental effects options to keep it more simple. It may take a few days as I'm finishing off Deus Ex Human Revolution at the moment!

Thanks Dick and Levano for your comments and support. :thumbsup:

v1.3 should be uploaded sometime on Friday - I now have new cameras made for all 11 teams and I've also made half the options / variants (similar to v1.21 options), the rest I'll finish tomorrow along with making a quick video if I have time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back