Lost connection

My connection is 1.5M download / 128 kb upload, if i download a file from net, it usually comes around 120-130 kb/sec, depends also on the host of course. I guess you have same type of connection then i have.

Did you try to change in the game the connection type? I am not sure but i think mine is set to LAN in the game, i will check it for you at home, also not sure if it is influencing anything, but worth a try maybe to check different ingame settings.

• Stirb Iuliu

Yes Atti, 1.5 mbps that's around 187.5 kb download.

I haven't found LAN settings on Race07. That's a pitty, as rFactor not only does it have internet settings, but also a modifiable text file, which helps prevent numberous issues.

• Stirb Iuliu

I've forgot about this thread. Nevertheless, it is my duty to report the outcome of my problem.

I've changed my ISP, and it all works fine now. It wasn't the game and it wasn't any bug, I'm happy it was all sorted out...

Thank you Marcel, Warren, Bram and everybody else for your help with my "lost connection (inexistent) bug".

• Stirb Iuliu

No router/modem, same as previous guys. Just a switch, somewhere near my house, public IP etc.

Anyway, I have no more problems whatsoever...
Now I can't wait for my pay check and GTR EVO :thumb:, "real cars, real racing" :)

• Razvan Pat

I wish I saw this tread earlier.. I had the exact same problem when I bought Race07. It got solved after making a complaint every day to the ISP :D I was having a small "neighbourhood" ISP too at that time.

• Gary Brain

This problem just started, I keep getting "lost connection" part way through a race!!

Just this evening holding on to 2nd place 7 laps completed I get a message "Blue flag first warning" then "lost connection" very frustrating.

I have made no changes whatsoever to my internet setting?

• Richard Birchall

I get the same sometimes, But I know its down to my router loosing connection, its about 4 years old tho.
It can be more down to the reliability of your router, Maybe a Firmware update could help. How often Does it happen? you notice it during normal website access?

Gary, if you post your router make (if you have one) and maybe your network card make here we could offer possibly more constructive options.

Personally, whenever I get a lost connection on any game it's generally my router telling me it needs a reboot along with my cable modem. Although being a cabled connection it is rare. Although I generally reboot comms every week anyway. Dunno if it helps. Force of habit I think.

I had this problem last night, was racing in open server then lost connection, but also could not see any servers at all in lobby when i went back in. Rebooted pc and router and still nothing in lobby. Everything else internet wise was perfect and could even connect to lobby but for some reason it was empty.

I had this problem about 1 month ago and it seemed to rectify itself afer about 2 days, but is a weird problem to have. I know my router is fine and the correct ports open on it. I don`t have a software firewall as this is just for games mainly so it seems odd that it only affects the gtre lobby.

Lost connection to host

Can any help? I last around 5-10 mins on most internet games before connection is lost. Use wireless normally but even if I connect to my hub its just as bad. Does anybody have the same? and what can be done to solve this problem?

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back