Lost connection

• Stirb Iuliu

Think I've cracked it. I've changed the network card and it looks like the old one (AMDtek AN989) was a crappy piece bound to cause issues.
I'll keep testing some more.

Attachments

• untitled1.jpg
    untitled1.jpg
    139.4 KB · Views: 204
  • Stirb Iuliu

Yes, format and reinstall new windows.

While everyone is on the startline waiting for the countdown, I'm on pole not matter my qualification time and I can already get moving.

In this picture, the guys behind were still waiting patiently for the countdown.
And I, was roaming freely waiting for my "favorite" message.

Attachments

• untitled1.JPG
    untitled1.JPG
    89.3 KB · Views: 194
  • Stirb Iuliu

Thank you Bram.

I've got home from work, and for the last 6-7 hours I'm struggling to understand what the hell is going wrong in here.

Going to call it a night and get ready for tomorrow. If Marcel can't get this through, no one can...

I guess I have the same problem. When online, Race tells me permanently (in German as that's the language I am using the game) that it is sychronizing the game. Cars jumping, I am hitting people without me knowing I do!

It was fine before for me, wondering what happened. I changed my motherboard in between, now I have a Asus P5Q-E (brand new model). Start thinking it is the network adataper on that one (Marvel Yukon). But that's really frustrating :smash: !

• Stirb Iuliu

You can change your network card just to be sure.

For me, it was perfectly fine as well, till the lost connection and subsequent bugs suddenly started to appear.
Without any kind of warning, without any kind of software + hardware update.
I've changed my network card, doubled my bandwidth on international servers & co. and nothing.

I've did some testing yesterday, played Source on a server with 40 players, somewhere in Asia, with 400 ping. Luckily it was no ping limit, and for the sake of testing I've stayed there with the unbearable lag.
Than played Live for Speed demo on a full server.
YahooMessenger open, net browser open etc.
Absolutely no kind of issues with my connection.

In Race07 though, there's a few minutes delay in multiplayer mode, lost connection, drop-outs, it's like a nightmare.

I have to press 20.000 times the join button and no response.
Not to mention I'm getting spawned with the safety car and I'm making balet and acrobatics, colliding with her.

This is a new bug added to "lost connection" consequent bugs.

This is really strange and obviously extremely frustrating.
Bram, is there someone who can bring this up with Simbin? I have read of others having similar issues since the recent patch (although Stirb's problems started before the last patch).

:smash::doh::tea::mad2::Cry::party::peace:

Was thinking the whole day about it! Kept telling myself unless Simbin is a bunch of complete mad idiots they will not have developed their own network software stack. So the problem MUST be deeper!

Found it at least for me (I think): It's not a bug, it's a feature.

It was/is my new motherboard which was giving me already before some trouble with its 'Energy Saving Feature'. Here we are! Stopped starting anything like that and it seems the problem is solved. Tried two rounds with switching it on and off. With loosing connections with the software started and without not (okok, tested each case only a couple of minutes, but that was in the negative case by far enough).

Stirb, I know you have said you have old hardware but give it a try, Windows (at least XP SP(?)) has a tool called 'msconfig.exe', here you can disable anything that starts at boot time (meaning anything on top of the bare operating system). See whether you have a similar culprit!

Good luck!

• Stirb Iuliu

McBrain, thank you for your help.

I've disabled anything on startup, but no results. There's still services.msc but that's unknown territory.

Just an idea, I've joined rFactor event, today, at Monza, and no drop-outs, no lag, no connection issues whatsoever.
I wonder what is wrong with Race07 and why is it more special...

Marcel, I've typed dxdiag, than Msinfo. I hope [URL="http://www.dump.ro/download.php?id=4494&act=abrzTPYRotRfCgi1"]this is the right file[/URL]

Go to start run type cmd ENTER.

In this dosbox you type:
netstat /a

While you see ipaddresses start steam, you see the used ipaddresses with port numbers.

I think Steam uses 27030 or 27035. If you see a port which is used by steam note it and see if the router and your system use portforwarding on this ports.
If not, try to open 27000 till 28000 and test race again.

• Stirb Iuliu

Thank you very much Marcel, I'm going to start testing as soon as I get home.
And, I've made a working link for that file.
Link

I was doubtful to post this because you allready re-installed your computer. But maybe you can look at your system events and search for this event :

Event ID: 4226

TCP/IP has reached the security limit imposed on the number of concurrent TCP connect attempts

I had numerous messages like this, without any additional software installed, but it caused me to loose connections many times. Do you have any leeching software active, like Torrent or something..?

To check for this systemevents :
Click Run and then type : eventvwr
Select System and look for the event

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back