Lola T70 MkII Spyder (rF2)

Cars Lola T70 MkII Spyder (rF2) 2.1

Login or Register an account to download this content
I'm thinking actually *on* the grid, since that's when it seems worst. :p

Either way it's a moot line of discussion. It's not happening, never was, never will, so find a way to live with it.

To be fair you don't need to be far from a car before it jumps down the the low res interior, so that saves a ton of tris. But yeah, your point still stands :)

I guess what I should've said was "it's only as heavy as a grid of 6 Kunos-level cars would be without LODs" since I was trying to point out that it's not as big a problem as it could be with a higher-poly model, but I'm going to play the too-early-in-the-morning card on this one. :sleep:

It was awesome before the update, its now simply superb. Took it for a spin (actually many spins) at Kičevo yesterday and its damn good fun! Thanks a bunch :)

You're welcome, and thanks. :)

I have been only driving this car it only needs one thing if it ever needed any thing a adjustable final gear and if that never happened it would still be my most loved car in this sim Thank You Please release a Template so others and I Myself can make some Skins .This car is a Dream come true and I am vary Grateful for all the time and work that went in to it to make it a reality ,Lola is a Girl worth all the time in the world She always has your back , when the turns are tight and unforgiving..:)
Screenshot_lola_t70_rf2_ford_ks_silverstone1967_9-3-119-10-43-54.jpg

I'd like to say thanks for this mod, because it is so good and so enjoyable I keep coming to it, and it was about time I left a review and dropped by to say 'thank you'! Every classic enthusiast should permanently add it to their car roster in AC.

I have no idea if it will be ever updated again, but just in case, I'll leave this here:

- the shifting animation is too slow, I found these settings to work better:

BLEND_TIME=100
POSITIVE_TIME=250
STATIC_TIME=100
NEGATIVE_TIME=250

- I found a leftover 'tyres - copy.ini' in the data folder

- it would be awesome if this car could have a couple of gear-sets added in to choose from in the setup menu

- did this car not have adjustable brake bias from cockpit? (just asking, don't know if it is actually something that's been missed or not, but figured I would point that out)

- the ford sound bank seems to have some issues

- from the 'to-do' list: brake glow; please yes yes yes yes please please please :D:D:p:p

Very glad you're enjoying the car! I've considered updating it a number of times, but I'm having a hard time coming up with any meaningful adjustments to justify it. I'm sure I could rework a couple things, but it's almost a case of making work for the sake of having work. :p

I'm absolutely open to adjusting the shift animation, where do those numbers go? (which file?)

Don't worry about the leftovers in the data folder, they don't have any effect on the game as it only reads from the files it expects to see. You'll find that commonly in mod and sometimes even official cars if you keep looking.

Regarding gearsets, I have each gear individually selectable and in AC you can either have selectable gears or gearsets, not both. The range of available gears represents all of the ratios available for this transmission IRL. (I found a shop that still supplies them and borrowed the list from their catalog.)

And, sadly, I wouldn't expect any sound or model adjustments from here out. I'd like to make a transparent headlight cover option as well, so it could be used in the dark, but at the end of the day this is a Can Am car and that was a limitation of that series IRL too.

this guy is making some decent sound mods, don't know how much it changes from mkii to mkiii but check it out. He has some other sound mods as well

Sorry Leonardo, not sure how I missed this post... as far as I know the MkIII was supplied without a motor (the MkII was for sure) which means each customer could choose theirs and was responsible for setup and installation themselves. That means any number of sound options could be considered "correct." (Also that you can swap to any other V8 soundbank you prefer without it being unreasonable.)

Sorry for the delay, I tried to reply as soon as possible!

I'm absolutely open to adjusting the shift animation, where do those numbers go? (which file?)

in the driver3d.ini, at the [shift_animation] voice :) feel free to use other values of course, mine are just a suggestion!

Don't worry about the leftovers in the data folder, they don't have any effect on the game as it only reads from the files it expects to see.

I know, I know, it's just that I'm obsessed with things being absolutely in order :D I figured, in case of an update, you could clean it, but it's just a fixation of mine :roflmao:

in AC you can either have selectable gears or gearsets, not both

Oh I see! I thought it was possible to combine the two. Okay!

I wouldn't expect any sound or model adjustments from here out.

But... but... just some teeny-tiny brake glow :( :( please :( I don't know if the procedure is correct, but you just have to add some lines to the brake.ini file pointing the node of the disks. I tried doing it by myself but the disks have some crazy long names right now, and CM doesn't show them in their entirety :D

but at the end of the day this is a Can Am car and that was a limitation of that series IRL too.

I perfectly agree on that.

Jason, hope not to bother you, but there are a couple more things that slipped my mind in my previous post:

- the brake heating values do not seem correct; disks have a hard time heating up, and they cool way too fast; at least that is my experience

- some skins come with dark windshields, so dark however that they block all light and you cannot see through them; try Mark Donohue's car for example to see for yourself

Again, thanks for the car and your kind reply!

Last edited:
Sorry for the delay, I tried to reply as soon as possible!

in the driver3d.ini, at the [shift_animation] voice :) feel free to use other values of course, mine are just a suggestion!

I know, I know, it's just that I'm obsessed with things being absolutely in order :D I figured, in case of an update, you could clean it, but it's just a fixation of mine :roflmao:

Oh I see! I thought it was possible to combine the two. Okay!

But... but... just some teeny-tiny brake glow :( :( please :( I don't know if the procedure is correct, but you just have to add some lines to the brake.ini file pointing the node of the disks. I tried doing it by myself but the disks have some crazy long names right now, and CM doesn't show them in their entirety :D

I perfectly agree on that.

Jason, hope not to bother you, but there are a couple more things that slipped my mind in my previous post:

- the brake heating values do not seem correct; disks have a hard time heating up, and they cool way too fast; at least that is my experience

- some skins come with dark windshields, so dark however that they block all light and you cannot see through them; try Mark Donohue's car for example to see for yourself

Again, thanks for the car and your kind reply!
Just 2c on the second to last point, you can’t do accurate brake temperatures in vanilla AC, so the current implementation on the car is likely a compromise.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back