Lola T70 MkII Spyder (rF2)

Cars Lola T70 MkII Spyder (rF2) 2.1

Login or Register an account to download this content
Can you show me a screenshot? I can't find any issue with it on my end.

Edit: nevermind... had to clear every other Lola car from my cars folder but now I see what you mean. Easy fix. :p

Last edited:
Problem solved, thanks mate.

One question: There are some skins that are present for both Chevy and Ford versions. Same skins for both versions. This is how is suppose to be indeed?
Always delete previous versions of a mod before unpacking the new one. Delete your T70 folders and extract again, that should fix it :) In the first release version we only had the Chevrolet powered car with a mix of Ford and Chevy liveries.

Cool to have the Ford engines now, they are good choice at tracks like the Bridge or Sebring. But perhaps i will never get used to the cockpit sound of these Ford V8 engines, they sound more like 4 cylinder daily driver engines - but that´s 100% Ford´s responsibility.:D They are as they are.

Only thing i found : the preview of #21 Baker Racing is still missing.

The new set up possibilites are cool, thanks!
I like the possibility to change the right hand mirror, the smaller Talbot style one gives better field of view forward.:thumbsup:

Brake glow? Yes! Sadly we have no night racing, but it will improve the immersion in replays.

I'm so glad we can remove the front spoiler now :D
Untitled-1.jpg

New car is sublime. Easily one of the best mods out there.
Did some tests in Barcelona GP, fixed grip at 98% at 26C , all cars at default setup for comparison reasons.

60563098f9485c279df92f7cdcd91c31.png
8bcb615cf32725ece841f87f4b072c36.png

The gap looks about right, especially for a track with lots of straights. If the 2 cars are ever together online and faster drivers take the Ford and slower drivers take the Chevy it should even out the field a bit. The lighter Ford can out perform the Chevy under braking and should be within 2 seconds at most tracks.

For the next update remember to blur the Good Year text on tires (same ammout of the diffuse texture if possible) in the normal maps. ;)
@Kasti, brake glow are more a modern thing, personally I'd avoid it, just my 2 cents.

EDIT: replace the Lola logo.png with the correct size 128x128, otherwise will be all blurred, when
it appears on top, during replay for example.

#theglory
baVcYt.png

:)

Last edited:
@Alman Brake glow just depends on disc temperature - even those old cars steel discs had glow... but much less intense like modern carbon ones(cause they need high temp to work). But yes, cause of no night racing and only a little visual point, it´s certainly not an important thing.

Some years later the Alfa Romeo T33 used to have engine glow... their V12 loved to blow up and catch fire... spilling their oil on the hot exhaust system.:x3:

Last edited:
Nothing worse than unexpected glow. :(

Happens to me with the electronics sometimes... I've blown up my share of electrolytic caps, a couple chips, plenty of transistors, and every once in a while I'll wire up a pot wrong and when I plug in my device it turns into a candle.

@Alman Brake glow just depends on disc temperature - even those old cars steel discs had glow... but much less intense like modern carbon ones(cause they need high temp to work)

Yeah that is true, but in AC is a bit overdone in some cases.
Anyway if the mod creator decide to implement it, for me will perfecty fine, thinking better about it would be good in therm of consistency with the other cars at this point.

I suspect we'd have to do some rework to the mesh to get that to work and I just don't think that's in the schedule. (Unless someone else wants to volunteer.) We've already pushed this model way beyond expectations, IMO. Not sure how much farther it can go.

New car is sublime. Easily one of the best mods out there.
Did some tests in Barcelona GP, fixed grip at 98% at 26C , all cars at default setup for comparison reasons.

60563098f9485c279df92f7cdcd91c31.png
8bcb615cf32725ece841f87f4b072c36.png
Try the Lola´s on the Thomson Road Grand Prix... a little "rumble in the jungle" and you will see quite the opposite. The Ford powered T70 is in front, taking full advantage of the lower weight.:)

Not my field here, I'm more a 2d guy, but the brake disk model is there, maybe (I could be wrong) what is only needed is to create and assign a warm (glow effect) texture to the disks.
Different story is for rims blur, where a 3d mesh need to be created.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 324 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 223 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 217 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 166 7.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 281 13.4%