Logitech G29

Wheel looks good cosmetically, but they lost me when they said they retained the noisy motors and anti-backlash mechanism of the G27. Everyone else has gone to a brushless motor design and belt design and Logitech and still using the G27 innards. Yuck.

G25 actually, that's 2 generations where the "improvements" to the wheel were "let's put more buttons on it".

Bad Logitech.

Upvote 0
So, pay over $500 for a slightly upgraded g27 with a separate, non-usb shifter and nixim brake mod. Good thing it's way past April, no one would believe them then.

Non usb shifter without buttons and only H-shifter!!!!

Downgraded quality/price ratio hugely from my point of view.

Upvote 0
What does that mean Blkout?

The only wheels i've ever used is the PS3 official one, Xbox official one and the TX458

It means that Logitech has been using gear driven wheels since the G25 and they can be quite noisy. The TX458, T300 and Fanatec products are using belt driven wheels which are smoother and quieter. The Logitech wheels have proven themselves quite reliable and affordable which has always been their strong suit. This new wheel isn't exactly all that affordable for what appears to be a refresh of the G27 again with new cosmetics.

Upvote 0
Am I the only one who thinks this is just a G27 with some PlayStation buttons and stickers on it?
That's because it IS a G27 for double the money without a shifter, with a wheel rim that's a hybrid of T300RS and Driving Force GT. Mad Catz did a similar spec wheel for a crazy £300+, and it didn't work out for them. No one in their right mind will buy a G29 at that price, but then no one in their right mind would buy GT6 (only kidding, but it's got many problems I hope they solve with GT7).

In the UK the G27 is sold for £175 right now with a shifter, but it has been £140-160 in short term sales. Fairly priced the G29 is a £160 wheel, plus whatever small fee they pay Sony to support it. The shifter costs a few quid to make, but they will sell it separately for a ridiculous price like Thrustmaster do.
Quote from Logitech website:
'Feel every weight shift, brake fade or tire slip'
WOW, I've never even felt brake fade through the wheel in a real car. :D

Upvote 0
Hey guys you are comparing "official price" to "price you can find on on the internet", that's just ridiculous!

The official price of the G27 was (and still is!) 269pounds so it is barely more expensive and it might be worth it even with small/internals improvements!

And honestly the shifter hum, playing with a clutch without a playseat is just a nightmare, and if you have a playseat you don't usually use a g27 so who really gives a crap?

Upvote 0
In Europe the G27 MSRP has gradually increased from the original €299 to the current €349, and that includes the shifter. You can buy the G27 in shops in my country for €290-300 at the moment. It used to be €250 or less during the 2011-2014 period when many guys bought theirs.

The G29 enters the market at MSRP €400 plus €60 for the shifter, so that's €110 higher MSRP than the G27 equivalent. Bad percieved value for a device which uses almost identical mechanism and just has the buttons moved.

Even if you only care about the wheel and pedals, it's still €50 more MSRP. And when new it probably won't be sold with as large a discount. I doubt you'll see the G29 in shops for less than €350 for a while.

Upvote 0
Biggest rippoff I've seen related to simracing in years... Marry two old products (G27 and DFGT), don't improve on really anything significant, remove some hardware and make it optional, but still jack up the price cos it's new and shiney. I've been a proponent of Logitech as a company so far, this blatant moneygrabbing ripoff leaves me reconsidering that.

Upvote 0
Just saw this wheel at the first time in finnish online shop, very expensive as G27 costs 299 € and this G29 price is 449,90 € LOL. I think the wheel is ok but that price is way too much :)

Upvote 0
Kunos is trying it!

Attachments

• 11406226_1158847060808277_7688150848554129929_o.jpg
    11406226_1158847060808277_7688150848554129929_o.jpg
    249.3 KB · Views: 21,287
Upvote 0
Not selling it without the shifter is pushing it prices for G27's in Germany can be as low as 200 Euros if you look around.

Its over priced for sure & as soon as the retailers get stuck with loads on none selling wheels discounts will follow.

Its not changed enough to get older owners to re-invest as a G27 owner i would not be willing to pay that sort of money knowing that you could get a T300 or quite a few good 2nd hand deals for better quality wheels.

I do not hear enough info about the inner working other than new encoders , what do they mean Logitech replaced the shitty plastic one with a brass one like most owners have had to do themselfs after the plastic one cracks.

As the dead spot been removed will they now make upto date drivers as last .
The G25 & 27 have a lot of mods & addons so at least those places will still have market to sell to.

Upvote 0
My only reservation is who the hell designed this wheel's looks? It looks like a playstation controller has been bodged onto the top of the wheel with a lift (Elevator) calling button glued to the bottom left and a women's vibrator intensity rotary switch glued to the bottom right. Come on FFS, why spend so much R&D cash on the FFB and software only for it to look like something you pick up on a car boot sale from 20 years ago. Absolutely ugly.

Upvote 0
It's on preorder in Australia at JB Hifi for $499 which does make it price competitive. However since several sim racers I know bitched and moaned about the G27 and it's plastic encoder grinding to dust in a short space of time (don't get me started on the Pots), I'd give this one a wide berth until the reliability can be determined. Even then, I am so disappointed it's just a refresh rather than a competitive update.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
It's on preorder in Australia at JB Hifi for $499 which does make it price competitive. However since several sim racers I know bitched and moaned about the G27 and it's plastic encoder grinding to dust in a short space of time (don't get me started on the Pots), I'd give this one a wide berth until the reliability can be determined. Even then, I am so disappointed it's just a refresh rather than a competitive update.

Can't agree with these problems of the G27...it was fine during the time i used it - 2 years.

Upvote 0

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back