Logitech G29

I hope not, only had my G27 for a few months :)

I think they'd be wise to keep the G27 (occupies a nice place in the market, quality wheel and pedals at a reasonable price) whilst also releasing a new higher end model (belt driven FFB, alcantara, less toyish buttons, metal H-shifter, load cell pedals etc)

Upvote 0
this topic driving me insane.

I have now a pocket full of money. And I want to buy a good wheel. So a t500rs would be perfect. But after 1 month or so logitech announces a new wheel which is in the price against the t500rs. And slightly better. Does anybody know if logitech is doing anything?
How did logitech announce the g27? 2months before release?

thanks

Upvote 0

They kept the announcement very silent with the G27. At that time I was in a beta test team for a simracing game. The company already had the wheels for months to make them compatible with their games before Logitech announced it officially.

Maybe they are waiting for the new generation of consoles first?

Upvote 0
They kept the announcement very silent with the G27. At that time I was in a beta test team for a simracing game. The company already had the wheels for months to make them compatible with their games before Logitech announced it officially.

Maybe they are waiting for the new generation of consoles first?

google says the ps4 will be released in 2014 - so if this is true. There is a long long time.
The wheels are at this time just great. The t500 and the fanatec are the sim wheels.
And the are realy close to real I think.(I dont think there are much more powers to discover in the real world.)
So proably logitech has already lost at the high sector. Because its already represented by thrustmaster and fanatec.

I think logitech will stay in the low and mid sector but will not go to the high sector.

Upvote 0
I would call this ultra high end ffb wheels the professional sector ; ) .

Any sources for your claims?

No.
But 1. reason: is it expansive(time, money) to develop a wheel - logitech has enough money to do that. but the benefit is little.
2. reason the logitech wheels are the old generation.(total makeover needed)
3. reason: fanatec and thrustmaster seems to be the companies who have chosen the right time to conquer the high segment.
they have the advantage.
4. Logitech has other problems.

At the end. Fanatec is Logitech or Logitech is Thrustmaster.....just pessimism

Dont trust my mind.

Upvote 0
i think the current g27 wheel is a great wheel and much prefer it too the fanatec i had, i think logitec need to either revap the current g27 alittle call it the g27 pro or somthing and,

all it needs is a nice suede wheel rim and more race like syle buttons, bringt back the seuquental shifter from the g25 and alitttle work on the pedals mainly the brake all it need is a nixiem style spring this could then be and awsome package,

i know it wont ever happen but i can dream that one day logitec will do this:(

Upvote 0
Suede rims are overrated. Yes, they look good, but they wear fast and grip terribly without racing gloves. And only a handful of people use gloves when simracing.
A better solution would not be leather, but rubber. Anyone remember the Momo Racing from Logitech? It had a rubber rim and I loved it so much that I actually tried to mod it onto my G27, but it never worked out. Rubber grips better with bare hands which is why its the better solution for simracing.

Upvote 0
Suede rims are overrated. Yes, they look good, but they wear fast and grip terribly without racing gloves. And only a handful of people use gloves when simracing.
A better solution would not be leather, but rubber. Anyone remember the Momo Racing from Logitech? It had a rubber rim and I loved it so much that I actually tried to mod it onto my G27, but it never worked out. Rubber grips better with bare hands which is why its the better solution for simracing.

Best solution is Alcantara. It´s a synthetic leather that is designed to act as Suede.
You can find it in cars from a M-sport 3-series up to cars like the 599 GTO.

It will last the cars lifetime easily,

Rubber grips better in the beginning. When hands gets a little sweaty the grip will decrease.

Alcantara starts out with slightly less grip but as the micro sweat continues the grip will increase massively.
So you´ll have excellent grip throughout the race no matter how much your hands sweat.

Upvote 0
Best solution is Alcantara. It´s a synthetic leather that is designed to act as Suede.
You can find it in cars from a M-sport 3-series up to cars like the 599 GTO.

It will last the cars lifetime easily,

Rubber grips better in the beginning. When hands gets a little sweaty the grip will decrease.

Alcantara starts out with slightly less grip but as the micro sweat continues the grip will increase massively.
So you´ll have excellent grip throughout the race no matter how much your hands sweat.

yes this was i was advised when i asked a local guy about retrimming my wheel, which is due to be done this weekend will post up pics once done,

Upvote 0

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 315 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 216 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 213 10.5%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 157 7.7%
  • < 5 years