Logitech G29

Bram

Founder & Administrator
Staff
Premium
Does anybody know if Logitech is working on a new wheel?

Update: They are

Last edited by a moderator:
I would like to see these companies give an option for replacing the ffb motors in wheels, if they are going to continue offering brushed motor products. I own Logitech and Fanatec wheels, but they are not offering much for replacements and these motors are pretty inexpensive, but have a limited life span for wheels. It would be nice, if you could use a motor lathe and replace the brushes.

Upvote 0
G29 has been listed on Amazon Germany (I don't think Logitech listed it though). The 'sellers' list it at a ridiculous 400 euros:
http://www.amazon.de/Logitech-941-000113-Driving-Force-Racing/dp/B00YUOVBZK and
http://www.amazon.de/Logitech-941-000112-Lenkrad-Driving-Konsole/dp/B00YUIM2J0
If a wheel and pedal set that's essentially a G27 with no shifter and Ps4 support costs 400 euros, that's horrible value. Estimates from sites are about 200 euros, which is about what the G27 lists at. Pricing the G29 above the T300RS would be foolish, and that's if this isn't a hoax to get hits.

Upvote 0
I'd say its a safe bet the G29 is coming very soon. There's been too many photos recently on the internet about it, even the box art looks legit. I'd say its coming soon, Logitech just hasn't really marketed it yet.

Upvote 0
So another week then... But I just sold my G27 because of the bad and loud FFB. Hope this one has some more Fanatec type motors, because even this basic Fanatec Forza CSR's FFB feels better than the G27, and it's so quiet.

Upvote 0
The CSR is quieter because it has a belt drive. The G27 is cog driven, so you constantly hear the noise of cog on cog.

From the shots on Amazon.de of the new G29, it has identical motor and cog layout to the G27. Maybe new motors, or a different cog cut (G27 is helical) but quite probably identical internals to G27 except with a heavier rim so less effective FFB.

Speculation aside, we should get confirmation next week...

Upvote 0
Maybe the same wheel without that "incompatibility" problem (wich could mean that it can be solved but they want to sell more wheels).

But maybe an open door for a mod of the g27's that allows it to connect ps4. That would be great:rolleyes:

Upvote 0
This would be a good thing, as it means logitech is still making wheels. While this one may not do anything for me personally, I do like the idea of them continuing with wheels and maybe the next one will be better. Plus I think they have the best entry level wheel. ( the dfgt, 900 degrees, affordable and good ffb)

Upvote 0
Wheel looks good cosmetically, but they lost me when they said they retained the noisy motors and anti-backlash mechanism of the G27. Everyone else has gone to a brushless motor design and belt design and Logitech and still using the G27 innards. Yuck.

Upvote 0

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 98 7.8%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 130 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 176 14.0%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 353 28.1%
  • 100% offline racing