Logitech G29

I had the G27 and now have a CSW base and GT3 rim..

Trust me when I say you are wrong on the not making you faster side of things. This thing is so precise - it's hard to discribe, but it is an amazing wheel and has not only made my PB lap times drop but am a LOT more consitant with those times, lap after lap..

You are however correct about making you poor - it is not a cheap setup :)

Im sorry to say but i still don't believe it. I came from a Thrustmaster Ferrari FFB wheel. I changed to the G27 cause of the pedals. This change did not make me read better driving lines, nor it gave me better braking points etc. Next to that i think its not about the correctness of the wheels but the in game FFB build in race games. As F1 2012 for example, people with wheels struggle to set it right. Carefully comparing F1 2012 to GTR 2, GTR2 feels much more precise than F1 2012. This is due to the game setup, not the wheel itself.

Upvote 0
Looks more like a DFGT-v2 than a G29. Has the same + -, -|-, playstation buttons and red dial thing. I think it's a product in between DFGT and G27 quality, doesn't strike me as an improved G27. They're probably more comfortable mass producing a wheel like this at a medium price to many, many new PS4/Xbone/PC players, than produce a rival to the premium price Thrustmaster/Fanatec products for enthusiasts. Given that someone above was saying they no longer do R&D, this makes even more sense - recycle older DFGT/G27 platform tech (and not have to innovate and improve G27 to level of Fanatec/TM) to take advantage of new PS4/Xbone players (seeing as DFGT and G27 don't work on PS4).

Upvote 0
hopefully it won't be gouging then...i think thrustmaster has enough range that they wont be able to get away with that. would be very cool if they sell the wheel around ~$150 or so. nice price for someone who wants to give it a shot but isnt a full on simracer or doesnt play 1000+ hrs of pCARS & gran turismo.

Upvote 0
hopefully it won't be gouging then...i think thrustmaster has enough range that they wont be able to get away with that. would be very cool if they sell the wheel around ~$150 or so. nice price for someone who wants to give it a shot but isnt a full on simracer or doesnt play 1000+ hrs of pCARS & gran turismo.
It will be nice in the sense that more casual players will be exposed to simracing with a well-priced wheel, but I'm not the only one that wishes for an improved G27, something more in line with Fanatec/TM.

Upvote 0
Ugliest wheel of (introduce release date) contender.

Wait, it won! The biggest piece of sh*t of the century! Yeahhh!

(Its screaming fake so loud...)

Upvote 0
Looks more like a DFGT-v2 than a G29. Has the same + -, -|-, playstation buttons and red dial thing. I think it's a product in between DFGT and G27 quality, doesn't strike me as an improved G27. They're probably more comfortable mass producing a wheel like this at a medium price to many, many new PS4/Xbone/PC players, than produce a rival to the premium price Thrustmaster/Fanatec products for enthusiasts. Given that someone above was saying they no longer do R&D, this makes even more sense - recycle older DFGT/G27 platform tech (and not have to innovate and improve G27 to level of Fanatec/TM) to take advantage of new PS4/Xbone players (seeing as DFGT and G27 don't work on PS4).

Maybe they left the Logitech G26 name space open for a reason...

Upvote 0
That would be great and hopefully also means support for the existing Logitech wheels on the PS4. I would love to be able to use my G27 to play Driveclub on the PS4 instead of being restricted to the controller.

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back