Logitech G25 | Official Support Thread

Jeeeeez....

I donno where to start this, just wanted to share with you my extreme good experience with this wheel.

I just have it for 2 weeks now, previuously i was driving a black Momo.
I loved my Momo very much , but you can not mention this 2 wheels on the same page... This G25 thing is just amazing!

From the wheel you get such feedback from the road, bumps, grip of the tyre (and loosing that grip.... lol) that i never experienced before! It is such a precise piece of art, which you cant tell, if you did not try it!

And the pedals.... wow.... maybe this is even better then the wheel itselve. Of course comparing ot the Momo pedals it is not a big deal to improve from there, but what these guys did is phenomenal. Again you can have such precise control and realistic feel, that i can not say anything else, that if you can afford it: BUY IT!!!!!!

Thanks for the suggestions guys. I used the clear calibration app. and reinstalled the drivers but it still has the dead zone in GTRE. It works fine in iRacing and in the calibration program so I think it must be the game but I can't find any settings to change.

Upvote 0
Looks OK to me, you are never sure with this kinda thing, but its well inside its rated output. Just remember its + on the inside pole of the connector! BUT STILL DOUBLE CHECK THIS AGAIN!

I buy alot from China (500+ items at least) and NEVER ONCE had a problem! But it can take 2 weeks to get to you..........
Thanks for the help

Yeah, I've just placed the order - I'm too impatient to wait two weeks, haha. If it doesn't work, I'll order something from China instead.

Upvote 0
About my problem with the G25 flashing brake lights, I contact Logitech support, the wheel is still on warranty and they advise me to use DXTweak2 and set 50 at min brake values, but as I suspect that don't make it better, they reply advising me to try different values in the brake min like -100,-150,-200, 50,100, 150, 200, really strange because the max value is 254, they try to fix a hardware problem with software.

As that didn't work, now they send me an email that they are collecting the wheel to confirm the malfunction and if so, they will replace it, so seems like I’m out racing for a couple of weeks.

Upvote 0
I think it works..!

Powered up and calibrated fine, haven't gotten a chance to play anything yet, but I'll report back once I have so you can recommend the same purchase for anyone else who may have lost their AC Adapter :)

Thanks again

Upvote 0
hi, im new

My g25 works fine, but sometimes if i just let go of the wheel when stationary or moving slow it starts turning left and right over and over again by itself, its possible to hold the wheel straight but its really annoying, happens virtually everytime i start in the pits on GTR EVO.

anyone know whats causing this?

thanks

Upvote 0
My G25

Not sure if this is the right place, move if necessary.

I have an G25, been thinking of purchase an G27 if I can't solve this problem.
I think I purchased my G25 2007, and have used it almost daily. So, under the years it has becoming very worn out it seems. Since English is not my 1st language I can't describe in detail what I mean, but I'm gonna try. Now, try to imagine having the wheel in front of you ( while playing a racing game ). going for a straight. In cockpit, the wheel is in the center, but in real life, it points (well, not point, maybe turned is a better word) a little to the left. Maybe one centimeter.

Also, the resistance seem very week when the wheel is centered. (It's like having no force feedback at all) It's not until I must turn the wheel in a sharp corner I can feel the resistance.

I'm not sure if this is normal as well, but when I have the wheel connected to my PC and start it in the morning, (and windows kicks in) it auto calibrate and has done so since day one. Before that I had that classic Black MOMO. That one you could choose to calibrate when you feelt like it.

So my question is, can I open it up and tighten some screws to fix it? Or is it time to invest in a G27?

Upvote 0
Hi Daniel,

i have a G25 and was have a small problem. When the Wheel was auto calibrate i was grab in the wheel, and i was have the same effect, that my Wheel wasn't centerd at a game. So it was slightly turned to right wenn the wheel in the game was straight. So just try to recalibrate your wheel. Maybe it will fix this problem.

The next one ist the resitance of your wheel. My force feedback isn't Strong so i only recognize when i drive throug turns, do you have try to set up the Force Effects off your Wheel in the Game Controler Config? I don't know how this part spell in english. But i hope the Screenshot will help you a little bit to find what i mean.

Try to setup the Force to more then 100% so maybe it will be better.

Upvote 0
hi, im new

My g25 works fine, but sometimes if i just let go of the wheel when stationary or moving slow it starts turning left and right over and over again by itself, its possible to hold the wheel straight but its really annoying, happens virtually everytime i start in the pits on GTR EVO.

anyone know whats causing this?

thanks

This is due to FFB effects within the game.

I dont have GTR Evo, so i cant comment on which settings work best, but i should imagine if you look in the GTR Evo section of the forum, there should be something about it there.

If not, you can always ask the question and i`m 100% sure one of the regular GTR Evo guys will help you set it up to work without that FFB 'jiggle'.

Upvote 0
G25 issues

Hi all,

I have looked around at various forums covering various issues and didnt find anything which could tell me. So now I am posting here in hope of some movement on my wheel situation.

Firstly my brake pedal is sticking on just slightly in sim. I beleive this may be due to dust build up and so I will be cleaning that up soon. If however other people have had this issue and it was not due to dust build up please let me know what you have done.

Secondly My whole wheel is losing it's center in sim. I.E. I set up my wheel to be at 400 degrees rotation and start up the sim with it perfectly in line, however as soon as i start to drive the centering goes off (always to the left) by about 30-40 degrees and i have no idea what is causing this or how to fix it.

If anyone knows of any fixes that would be brilliant. On another note if either of these issues are not fixable I have owned my G25 for coming on a year now and beleive that it still has it's warranty.

Thanks,

Oscar.

Upvote 0
Hi Oscar

It should have a 2 year warranty SO DONT PLAY WITH IT, OPEN IT OR FIDDLE WITH IT as this WILL VOID the warranty! Contact Logitech, thier after sales care is excellent and they will sort this for you! :)

Upvote 0
Logitech are good at dealing with problems, I had a few pixels go wrong on a Harmony One remote control (after the kids dropped it) I sent a couple of pics off and they sent me a new remote, it's still in the box as the old one still works fine.

i have had my G25 for more than two years and have been having loads of problems with my throttle, after several times taking them apart and spraying the pots with contact cleaner I decide to swap the hardly ever used clutch pedal with the throttle, it's fairly easy just needed to do a bit of wire rerouting and remove a couple of very small pieces of plastic for the wires to sit in as they wont go back in thier original clips, if anyone does it remember to swap the clutch and throttle springs, all you need is a 2.5mm Allen key 5.mm Allen key, phillips screw driver stanley knife and a bit of tape to stick wires down, there is no need to cut any wires and it took about 20 minutes.

Upvote 0
Logitech G25 overheating.... my fix

Here is my G25 with RC fan (can be found at eBay)

DSC03402.jpg

DSC03404.jpg

DSC03403.jpg

DSC03405.jpg

DSC03406.jpg

DSC03407.jpg

DSC03411.jpg

DSC03409.jpg

p.s.
U can connect on PC USB (5v) to add power or connect with http://www.log-on.be/EN/index.php/p...wer-supply/item/29-switch-power-supply-1000ma (I use same on 3v and push all 3 fan)

Upvote 0
Please help me fix my G25 (will not calibrate)

My G25 started acting up couple of weeks OK. Took several USB plugins/outs before it would calibrate. Then it started losing centring mid-game. Eventually it started just twitching about during auto calibrate and wouldn’t complete. It’s out of warranty and I’d heard Logitech aren’t too helpful with spares/advice.

I traced the problem to the optical sensor disk (encoder wheel) slipping on the left-hand force feedback motor spindle. Took this off and saw it had split. This is very like the disks you find in old trackball mice (dismantled a couple I had in a box but wrong size). Superglued the disk as best I could and now it doesn’t slide about on the spindle. But the wheel, though it now does the full right-left rotations instead of twitching, still won’t settle for the calibration. I guess the sensor disk is distorted or a couple of slots bunged up, because if I let it auto-calibrate with the wheel part dismantled and allow the teeth to slip a little on the rack and pinion, it will complete the calibration and leave me with a centred wheel with green light on fully etc. Trouble is, soon as I put everything together (checking teeth alignment so I get full travel on rack and pinion) and unplug USB and re-run, it won’t complete the calibration again.

In short, does anyone know where I can get spares of those little plastic sensor disks? Alternatively, is there any way I can by-pass the auto calibration process or at least tweak the driver so it accepts fewer rotations or whatever? I’d really appreciate any advice you can give me on this.

FIXED! (for now...) OK, as a last resort, I bent the glued optical sensor encoder wheel straight as I could and poked a needle through every slot to clear any glue gunge and, blow me, it now auto-calibrates and centres! But still, I don't know how long this fix will last, so if you do know where I can get a spare encoder wheel or tweak the auto-calibration I would be very grateful. Thanks.

Upvote 0
Logitech G25 turns on left

Some kind of mistery, but it happend very slowly till I was racing. At first I thought that the car was demaged, but lately I realised, that this was something different.
I think it's a potentiometer problem. After I quit the game, I turn off the cable and USB, restarted PC, and plugged the wheel again into PC.
The wheel did not make calibration, just 2 times clicked on the same possition and that's it. On the game settings the wheel do not move, but all the buttons and pedals are working properly.

Warranty has expired some time age, so maybe there is a possiblity to fix it by my self. What do you think about that? Do you know what kind of potentiometer G25 has? Or maybe this is not potentiometer fault?

Upvote 0
G25 spares??

Hello peeps,

The FFB on my G25 has decided its had enough and given up the ghost! Does anybody know where spares can be brought from??

Ive checked ebay and had no luck, Do logitech sell there own spares at all?

If anyone has any info, Please leave a reply, thanks.

Upvote 0

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea