Logitech G25 | Official Support Thread

Jeeeeez....

I donno where to start this, just wanted to share with you my extreme good experience with this wheel.

I just have it for 2 weeks now, previuously i was driving a black Momo.
I loved my Momo very much , but you can not mention this 2 wheels on the same page... This G25 thing is just amazing!

From the wheel you get such feedback from the road, bumps, grip of the tyre (and loosing that grip.... lol) that i never experienced before! It is such a precise piece of art, which you cant tell, if you did not try it!

And the pedals.... wow.... maybe this is even better then the wheel itselve. Of course comparing ot the Momo pedals it is not a big deal to improve from there, but what these guys did is phenomenal. Again you can have such precise control and realistic feel, that i can not say anything else, that if you can afford it: BUY IT!!!!!!

G25 flashing brake lights

There’s something wrong with the brake pedal of my G25, I start to watch on straights that the brake bar of the rfDynHUD flashing a bit and I wasn’t pressing the pedal, so I change the view to swingman and also my brake lights were flashing.

Only when I press just a little bit the brake pedal the flashing disappear, maybe it doesn’t affect the car performance but would be better to solved it.

Would be a question of cleaning it? How and where exactly?

Upvote 0
Hi Sergio

Sounds like the throttle Potentiometer is worn and spiking! NOT a HUGE job, the pot can be changed pretty easily and they are fairly inexspensive, a cheap one would be a couple of euro's (similar to the original) or a better quallity one under 10. I have never changed one on G25 pedals but undo the screws under the pedals and it should be pretty obvious :) Just shout if you need help and google search some pics and the exact type of pot (I'd guess 10K but check) I will do the same search too and talk you through it if you need :)

EDIT: Worth a look http://www.gamers-crib.com/forum/showthread.php?t=6946

EDIT 2: Seems standard 10k pots dont have the required travel/range! 20k pot are just about useable BUT these come recomended, not cheap for a pot, but easy fix: http://www.thesimshop.com/ (Click the 'INFO' button on this page and it has a FULL tutorial on how to change the pots with good pictures and text)

Hope that helps :)

Upvote 0
True, sounds like a nice fix. Now I have an old G25 that I could start modifying hmm...

It was a little weird yeah. It wasn't that strong shocks, but when I drove over bumps it was enough that my arm flexed. After a race my hand was totally numb for an hour or so:D

Upvote 0
It wasn't that strong shocks, but when I drove over bumps it was enough that my arm flexed. After a race my hand was totally numb for an hour or so:D

Very odd, it could only be the current from the switch for the paddle (from memory?) but that cant be more than a few volts @ a few Ma? very strange indeed. Worth investigating for sure and plenty of good G25 mods here already and many, many more to come :)

Upvote 0
G25 cant uninstall

I am running Vista 32bit and have had a G25 for a couple of years now

Have noticed that in the past few weeks I have been getting some slight judder nad jittery gameplay both online and off, like very small lag or draw speed, Have done nothing to the machine at all apart from moved house to a supposedly quicker net supplier

I dont run any AV or stuff when gaming.

One thing I am aware of is the Lgitech gaming software wont work. I get a cant detect hardware thing and then even more frustratingly I absolutely cant uninstall the software to try again. It simply wont uninstall? Any ideas>

The wheel works fine, does everything it should, but I feel that the software error could be causing a glitch.

When I run it, it strats with a progress bar saying Left4dead2 then I get that ****ty dull bong and an error message!

Upvote 0
G25 Brake Dead Zone

While practicing for tonight's ATCC race, I decided to try swing man view and noticed that my brake lights don't come on until I've reached nearly 1" of pedal travel. I verified it with Motec. Anyone experience this? I have my G25 controller settings set for no dead zone and there is no dead zone indicated. I'm thinking that fixing this could really help improve my driving.

Upvote 0
Hi John :)

First off and I know I always say this, have you re-installed the logitech drivers and re-calibrated the pedals? Once you have done this we can go further, may be a Potentiometer fault.

Let me know :)

Upvote 0
G25 steering off center.

I Have a G25 with the pedals connected separately. Lately when I play rFactor and Raceon/GTR, etc. my wheel is not centered and to go straight I have to have it steering left all the times.

That makes turning right a chore and it's just plain weird.

Interestingly, in iracing, Netkar and FVA the wheel is fine. Only the rfactor based games show this left steering proble.

I looked all over for something that allowed me to calibrate the steering but either I am missing it or it's not there. In the logitech control panel the wheel is fine. It's only in game that it does that.

Thanks

Upvote 0
Lost my G25 AC Adapter (UK)

..which, I now know, is more annoying than you'd think.

Logitech don't sell them, they're impossible to find on the internet, and even the specs seem to be a mystery.

So, does anyone know where I can by a compatible AC adapter for the G25 in the UK? Buying online is no problem, in fact it's preferable seeing as I live in a small town in Scotland with no real electronic shops. As far as I know, it's the same adapter as the one the G27 uses.

Alternatively, could anyone give me the detailed specs of the adapter? Could make a search easier.

Or - even better - does anyone here have any spare I can buy off them? :rolleyes:

Cheers!

Upvote 0
Hi Jens

This is what you want, its the identical adapter for the Fanatecs wheels too!
24V 1.75A AC/DC Adapter DA-42H24 Positive Center APD But any adapter, 24 volt @ 1.75 amps or more will suffice, the positive needs to be in the CENTER of the plug (as in the model above)

There are some on e-bay, but U.S. worth a hunt tho :)

Hope that helps:D

Upvote 0
Thanks!

I've been looking and looking, and all I've found are a few from China on eBay. I'd prefer to order it from somewhere nearer to be perfectly honest. Anyone know of any online shops that might sell this and ship to the UK?

I've been looking at those universal ones.. For example: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Ex-Pro-Univ...F9WM/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1288031645&sr=8-4 . 90W, 50-60Hz, 2.4A, 15-24V, should work, and one of those plugs is bound to fit, no? Only thing that worries me is that the plug perhaps can be too long with the adapter stuck on it, as it has to fit that 'gap' on the underside of the wheel.. Thoughts? Unless I find something else throughout the night I think I'll give it a try.

Upvote 0
Looks OK to me, you are never sure with this kinda thing, but its well inside its rated output. Just remember its + on the inside pole of the connector! BUT STILL DOUBLE CHECK THIS AGAIN!

I buy alot from China (500+ items at least) and NEVER ONCE had a problem! But it can take 2 weeks to get to you..........

Upvote 0

Latest News

To join the OverTake Racing Club races I want them to be: (multiple choice)

• Free to access

Votes: 167 87.4%
  • Better structured events

Votes: 32 16.8%
  • Better structured racing club forum

Votes: 28 14.7%
  • More use of default game content

Votes: 28 14.7%
  • More use of fixed setups

Votes: 56 29.3%
  • No 3rd party registration pages

Votes: 70 36.6%