F1 2011 Logitech Driving Force GT settings

F1 2011 The Game (Codemasters)
I dont know if this will be of any help to anyone, but have spent most of the afternoon trying to get this to work.

Firstly to explain that once you change the LDFGT default settings in the options menu the device name changes to CUSTOM and this is where the problems lie. If you load the game again without your LDFGT or if its not recognised for any reason the game reverts to the original custom settings which are for the keyboard... so you lose your settings. So make sure your wheel is active before you load the game. Also unfortunately if you then change your settings again sometimes they vanish on start up, I couldn't work out why, but its only if you make changes!! So find what suits and write them down.

The default settings for the LDFGT are no good, and the force feedback didnt work at all on mine. There are other posts on here which give some tips so I tried them all and this is what I came up with.. which works very well.

In the Logitech Profiler for the game (options/global device settings) leave the overall spring and damper settings at 100%, turn the centrespring on at 50% (-75%), 250 degree rotation, and allow the game to alter the settings.

In the game itself Advance wheel settings are 2,20,45,2,10,2,10 for the seven settings from the top down.

In the game itself Force Feedback Settings are ON, 10, 30, 30 again top of the page down.

Hope this gives you somewhere to start from, but the end result is fantastic on my wheel!!

Sorry guys this is for F1 2011, can someone move this.. Thanks

Cheers. It's a lost cause I think. Still happenning...........Big jolt in feedback / resistance at every corner.

I either learn to live with it and have a car that suddenly slides at every corner or I take the game back.

I really am staggered that the game doesn't work properly with this wheel.

I've got this feeling quite nice now. Obviously it's all down to personal feel at the end of the day.

Logitec Profiler: Overall Effects 80%
Spring Effect 0%
Damper Effect 0%
Center Spring Strength 40% (allow Cent Spring ticked)
Deegrees Rotation 271

Advanced Wheel Settings: all at 0 except Brake Deadzone 40% (I have a heavy left foot!)

Force Feedback: Enviromental Effects 40%
Feedback Strength 10%
Wheel Weight 30%

FYI: PC / No assists / Cockpit view Mod

Managed a 1:26:5 in my Williams at Melbourne

Big THANXXX to BOGLAV.....your settings are awsome, I prefer eviroment on 30 though, it now feels very similar to 2010, nice smooth, and I finally feel the roll up n down of the curbs.....just gota get sought the stuttering now!!!!

Seems to work fine on PC, but us PS3 users have been screwed.

I've taken FFB compleley off, and have

There is still a jolt of resistance in the turn. why?

This has to be addressed surely?

Rich, I have a PS3, and use basically the same settings as you, and it's absolutely fine. So either there is a problem with your PS3, or a problem with your wheel. This isn't an issue with PS3 users getting screwed, because mine works just dandy, thank you.

Good morning. What are the best tuning parameters for DFGT F1 2011 PC. I have some difficulty managing all this in terms oflinearity, etc. .. Thank you for your answers. Sorry for my English, I use a translator. Regards to all

Rich, I have a PS3, and use basically the same settings as you, and it's absolutely fine. So either there is a problem with your PS3, or a problem with your wheel. This isn't an issue with PS3 users getting screwed, because mine works just dandy, thank you.

You have a smooth feel to the wheel in turns?

My GT wheel is 2 months old, and the ps3 is less than a year old. It was absolutely fine on F1 2010.

I've got this feeling quite nice now. Obviously it's all down to personal feel at the end of the day.

Logitec Profiler: Overall Effects 80%
Spring Effect 0%
Damper Effect 0%
Center Spring Strength 40% (allow Cent Spring ticked)
Deegrees Rotation 271

Advanced Wheel Settings: all at 0 except Brake Deadzone 40% (I have a heavy left foot!)

Force Feedback: Enviromental Effects 40%
Feedback Strength 10%
Wheel Weight 30%

FYI: PC / No assists / Cockpit view Mod

Managed a 1:26:5 in my Williams at Melbourne

Thanks Boglav and Vitch for giving me a starter to find my most comfortable wheel feedback (I agree it comes down to personal feel). I'm using a similar setup to Vitch with the following alterations:

Degrees Rotation 250

Advanced wheel settings all at 0 except Linearity (15%)

Force Feedback: Enviromental Effects 30%
Feedback Strength 40%
Wheel Weight 40%

Also playing PC with No Assists. I prefer the feedback strength and wheel weight a bit heavier as I like to have to fight a bit with the wheel. With these settings I'm sensing when the back end slides but the wheel doesn't have so loose a feel at the half turned point. Very satisfied now as it allows me to really feel the adjustments I'm making in car setups during Practice sessions.

Ok, I have changed my settings a bit now, was also having that strange effect of the FFB dying after a certain amount of turn, the settings changed are in bold below. It now retains FFB all the way up to full lock, for me anyway :)

Logitec profiler:
Overall Effects 50%
Spring Effect 0%
Damper Effect 0%
Center Spring Strength 0% (Center Spring NOT ticked)
Deegrees Rotation 200

Advanced Wheel Settings: All at 0

Force Feed Back:
Enviromental Effects 20%
Feedback Strength 70%
Wheel Weight 100%

PC - No assist other then autogears

Driving Force GT Settings (PS3)

Hi guys,

I have just got F1 2011 for PS3, and am loving the new game with my DFGT. However, one thing that annoys me is the rotation that is often required to turn sufficiently in corners (due to the GT's 900 degree rotation). I was therefore wondering if there was any way to change the advanced settings of the DFGT to adjust things such as degrees of rotation etc.

Any help would be appreciated,

Cheers,

Oli

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back