F1 2011 Logitech Driving Force GT settings

F1 2011 The Game (Codemasters)
I dont know if this will be of any help to anyone, but have spent most of the afternoon trying to get this to work.

Firstly to explain that once you change the LDFGT default settings in the options menu the device name changes to CUSTOM and this is where the problems lie. If you load the game again without your LDFGT or if its not recognised for any reason the game reverts to the original custom settings which are for the keyboard... so you lose your settings. So make sure your wheel is active before you load the game. Also unfortunately if you then change your settings again sometimes they vanish on start up, I couldn't work out why, but its only if you make changes!! So find what suits and write them down.

The default settings for the LDFGT are no good, and the force feedback didnt work at all on mine. There are other posts on here which give some tips so I tried them all and this is what I came up with.. which works very well.

In the Logitech Profiler for the game (options/global device settings) leave the overall spring and damper settings at 100%, turn the centrespring on at 50% (-75%), 250 degree rotation, and allow the game to alter the settings.

In the game itself Advance wheel settings are 2,20,45,2,10,2,10 for the seven settings from the top down.

In the game itself Force Feedback Settings are ON, 10, 30, 30 again top of the page down.

Hope this gives you somewhere to start from, but the end result is fantastic on my wheel!!

Sorry guys this is for F1 2011, can someone move this.. Thanks

Still juddering for me. Feedback loosens at about 30% turn. So car jolts in every corner. Making the game unplayable.

what a disappointment.
Hi Rich, I feel your pain because I have exactly the same problem. While negotiating hairpins or slow corners, everything is OK with the wheel FFB up to a point where it suddenly "lets go". It completely ruins the driving feeling, and makes it very hard to keep an accurate driving line.

I've tried different set ups for hours, to no avail. The feeling is aweful.

I'm upset and disappointed, I simply don't feel like playing the game under these conditions. And I'm pretty sure the wheel is not to blame, it works wonders with F1 2010.

I've seen a few others complaining about this problem on the Codemasters Forums, but it doesn't seem to be generalized (which is not good for us). This is the thread: http://community.codemasters.com/fo...1420/472463-g25-losing-ffb-certain-angle.html

I'll keep an eye on this thread to see if someone comes up with a solution.

EDIT: I'm on PS3

Hi Rich, I feel your pain because I have exactly the same problem. While negotiating hairpins or slow corners, everything is OK with the wheel FFB up to a point where it suddenly "lets go". It completely ruins the driving feeling, and makes it very hard to keep an accurate driving line.

I've tried different set ups for hours, to no avail. The feeling is aweful.

I'm upset and disappointed, I simply don't feel like playing the game under these conditions. And I'm pretty sure the wheel is not to blame, it works wonders with F1 2010.

I've seen a few others complaining about this problem on the Codemasters Forums, but it doesn't seem to be generalized (which is not good for us). This is the thread: http://community.codemasters.com/fo...1420/472463-g25-losing-ffb-certain-angle.html

I'll keep an eye on this thread to see if someone comes up with a solution.

EDIT: I'm on PS3

FYI -- Exact same problem here. Didn't seem to be so bad at Melbourne, but at Sepang and Shanghai, it's almost undriveable. Wheel feels great on turn in, then about 30% lock or so, all tension disappears for the next 15%. It's like a huge deadspot in the middle of every turn. It appears to be turning the car's wheels, but since there's no feedback to your hands, it's totally disorienting.

Some turns, the point where the wheel lets go is exactly the spot where you need to be modulating to keep your line correct. Results in an awful lot of unnecessary slowing down. And no small amount of really loud swearing.

UGH.

On the PC I can get some reasonable settings for the wheel itself, and just about every day I try something different.

My problem is the THROTTLE ...... it's just way too sensitive for my liking.

I have a 2% deadzone and 0% for saturation. This is terrible for me, especially coming out of slow corners like turn 1-2 at Shanghai. With traction control off, it's too sensitive, it seem like 0 - 25% pedal travel is giving me 0 - 100% on the throttle. The last 75% of pedal travel is useless as I am already at 100% throttle.

This is really bad for modulating the throttle and trying to feed it in progressively coming out of corners ...... so I spin too much when I shouldn't, and it's really ticking me off.

i hav the fbgt wheel an f1 2011 on pc an ps3 ive installed the wheel on pc an think ive change some profile settings on pc will it hav any effect wen using game on ps3 as ive tried all these settings on here an still it dont feel right on ps3. any help much appreciated.

No effect at all, the games have totally independent set-ups. The wheel doesn't have any onboard memory for storing profiles etc.

Whether using the same 'in game' setting's for both platforms 'feel' the same, I don't know, but I doubt it. I say this because the PC has separate Logitech profiling software running in the background, which will have some effect I assume.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 105 7.8%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 139 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 195 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 379 28.3%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 518 38.6%