Live for Speed

CTRA www.raceauthority.com

CTRA race authority
Race Authority - CTRA

CTRA is the largest Sim Race Authority in the world, with 25,982 registered racers having earned a combined total of 19,877,954 licence points to date.

CTRA offers a suite of simulated motor sports racing servers connected to our X-System server control software. They are the most technologically advanced sim motor racing servers in the world and can be connected to with the world's most advanced commercially available motor racing simulator, Live for Speed.

Through the X-System, COMPUTEAM Race Authority seeks to promote the ethos of hard and competitive racing while perpetuating core racing ethics and standards. Licences are earned through both excellence and "cleanliness" in driving. Licences are not easily attained and are not a rite of passage.

The Race Authority website is the web portal for CTRA drivers and offers many features, including personal statistics, national and international rankings, and the CTRA Teams Championship rankings. In the MyCTRA section, drivers can download and review replays of individual races, lodge formal complaints against others and view detailed information about their CTRA racing career licences.

CTRA have 3 different licences to persue

1. The traditional CTRA licence, graded from Bronze through Titanium, now making use of all tin-tops and introducing a fantastic new formula, the GT2 (XFR, UFR and engine/weight-restricted GTRs - details) and the hugely popular UFBabyR (engine-restricted UFR).
  2. The Single Seater licence which takes in the Formula XR, Formula Junior (details), Formula V8 and
    trans_spacer.gif
    BMW F1.
  3. The Bump and Jump licence, offering a significant departure from normal competitive racing using a large variety of cars, and run using Autocross layouts
I personally have been running in the CTRA server for a quite some time on and off as the driving standards are pretty high, Usually bad drivers get reported and banned from the servers for a period of time depending on the severity of the infraction.

If your S2 licencedand have not already raced on the CTRA servers, Dont miss out any longer!

Check out my licence page Race Authority - CTRA

• fordman

hi Gareth

Fordie here, as me comes from a major LFS Background. Very nice to see, and trust me, if I can make it ( I will let you know closer to the time ) I will be there. BL Rev is not an easy track and with FBMW, its easy to loose the rear end. If I get a suitable setup, I will post here, so we are all on same playing field if OK with you.

PS - S2 Licensed and been playing LFS for 6yrs :)

Anyway as I said, I would love to attened this event, so hopefully, fingers crossed

ARR CRAP - its 6pm......and I don't get home until 6:30pm :( Best of Luck anyway, next time, think about us late workers :)

• fordman

Demo Racers

Hi All,

I gather you are all demo racers? Just wondering as a great combo is the FXO around Westhill Normal. Fast Flowing track, but requires skill to control the FWD heavy weight car. Just Enquiring :)

Fordie

Well, it definitely was a progress, but it is published too slow. Patches are coming out twice a year, with some "new" stuff....

2 years ago it was a really great game and I think it still is. But when u drove it 4 years, like Dennis and me, on a competitve level it is getting really boring. The same track and car over and over again. MoE starts their 4th 24h Race in January next year and it's again GTR on Aston GP. We need something new....

Dev's should fix some annoying bugs and bring some new tracks and new cars and nicer cockpits and graphics and better sounds, but Live for Speed in general is improving too slow!
Especially nowadays with new games like iRacing, GTR Evolution, and all the new Racing game in the future!

I still like the game, but I am really bored and that is the fact, why i am more interested in GTR at the moment!

Seems I've caused a bit of a fuss over at the LFS forums as my post earlier in this thread at #20 has been used by someone over there as an example to engage in discussion about how their community is regarded by those "outside", I assure it was not intended to do so but the replies at LFS, for or against my comments and the idiotic flamer who got his wrist slapped by the Admin team, has reinforced my opinion of some (probably very few but unfortunately the most vociferous) of the members, I have not, nor do I intend to, enter a post in the thread, either as an explanation or defense, even if any were actually needed.

I should probably have said in the original post here that I actually do like the SIM but have been put off it by the "FPS player" attitude of "noobs are cannon fodder" displayed by those self proclaimed elite, both ingame and inforum, who have seemingly forgotten they were once "noobs" themselves, it is those reasons ONLY that keep me away from it, if we were to get something more substantial going here in a less partisan atmosphere I would likely be more than happy to take part, fitness permitting.

Sam

link to thread on LFS forum: LFS Forum - outsiders perspective - Live for Speed

• fordman

Post your LFS movies

Hi Guys,

Just uploaded one of my movies I done from LFS. The Intro is taking from the night racing of the BTCC at Snetty.

Considering that there is no night driving in LFS, and headlights you have to press buttons, I think we pull it off well?

Like to hear your comments..

Fordie

[ame]http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=W1K3KlCL5Z0[/ame]

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back