Live for Speed

V1 Racer: become a real racer

RacingID.gif

What is V1?
V1 is a series of online and real world processes, tests and events designed to locate, fund and nurture future motor racing champions.

Do I have to pay V1 any money to enter?
No.

How does V1 find its drivers?
V1 and its partners will collect and analyse online qualifying/racing and psychometric data. The potential racing drivers will then be tested (in the real world) for a range of physical and psychological attributes V1 considers fitting the profile of a winning racing driver.

What does the winner get?
Once all online and real world data has been analysed by V1 partners and the winner/s have be identified, a tailored training, test and race contract between V1championship Ltd and the winner/s of the V1 racing driver selection process will be formulated and agreed.

What sort of agreements will be in the contract?
Financial
Performance
Safety
Parental

What will the winner be training, testing or racing in?
Depending on age, attributes and experience of the winner, he/she will enter one or more of the following championship/driver programmes:
British Karts
The Racing Steps Foundation
Formula BMW

What do I have to do to win?
Register online with V1 championship and download the simulator. Practice, qualify and race online. V1 will collect your driving data and filter those results through analysing tools that automatically generate entrants (not strictly in order of the fastest) to progress to the psychometric profiling stage. Once you have passed the online phases you will have a series of real world physical and psychological tests after which you will be evaluated in a range of vehicles. The winners of these final driving tests will secure themselves a place in one of the above championships/programmes.

When can I start racing?
Now. You can start the free practice races online as soon as you download the simulator.
V1 qualifying and races will mirror those of F1. The V1 online qualifying and races will start an hour before and half an hour after each relative Formula 1 event.
The exact times of these are determined by the start and finish time of your local daytime television coverage of the F1 event.
With this varying across the globe please refer to your local TV schedule for each separate Formula 1 event.
V1 start times (relative to local F1 coverage times)
…………………………………………………………
- 1 Hour. V1 1st qualifying starts
0 Hours. Formula 1 qualifying
+ Half an Hour. V1 2nd qualifying starts
…………………………………………………………
- 1 Hour. V1 3rd qualifying starts
0 Hours. Formula 1 Race
+ Half an Hour. V1 Race starts
…………………………………………………………

When will I be psychometrically profiled?
At the end of the V1 Championship season (shortly after the finish of the Formula 1 season)

When will the winner/s be announced?
December 2008/January 2009
Remember you must participate in the V1 free practice races online for us to collect your data and make you eligible for the V1 qualifying and race stages.
Please read the terms and conditions of this site and the V1 championship very carefully, any person V1 deems disruptive or unfit to take part in the V1 competition/championship will be disqualified.

Source: V1Racer.com

• Stirb Iuliu

It's a complete waste of time.
I've installed this demo and the setups + layouts are extremely difficult. You get lost and bored very fast.

The controls are a big pain in the ass. I've lost 1 hour trying to figure out how this crap works and I'm still confused.
Also the game doesn't allow you to assign the pedals to specific actions. Bassicaly I have to brake with right foot (acceleration pedal) and accelerate with brake pedal on my crappy Thrustmaster.

Uninstall and goodbye.

It is basically LFS,

As for LFS being a complete waste of time, Im sure the 1000 average online drivers per night will have something to say about that :)
LFS has more settings you can shake a stick at.

Im signed up! but its not like im ever going to win a drive lol.:amen:

LFS always was very good to me, yes indeed setting up the wheel does take some actions but after that it's an amazing sim. But i wonder if i can use my S2 license for this competition.
On the website i could add my profile and it said my registration was successfully.
Which track is it, and i guess it's the Formula BMW or am i wrong.

Dropped two seconds of my PB in Quali for 3rd on the grid.

In the race with James dropped to the back I was 2nd until James went flying by, before I lost the rear end on the cold R2's and went into the wall, repeating this mistake 4 times by the end of the race landed me 3rd.

Grats to James & Gareth for finishing miles ahead :)

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 87 7.4%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 124 10.5%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 171 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 333 28.2%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 463 39.2%