PC1 Latest Build testing.

Andy_J

I hate Race cheats ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
As you all know, Ian gave me a free pass to test the latest builds and that's what I have been doing for the last week. I will report here as and when I see fit to tell all about my findings.

But I will say that the latest build (296) is quite good. Now lets make some sense of my statement. I used a Lotus 98T in helmet cam using my antique MOMO red wheel and I can honestly report it is coming along much better than I anticipated. The actual feel and immersion is damn fine at this point. The handling is strange at first compared to say...RF2 and FVA, but it grows on you within minutes. At this point in time, this actual car feels good. I like it and I love the Milan circuit. The damage model has come on leaps and bounds.

I am doing some more testing all of next week using a G27 and I will also test some of the other cars that don't interest me as much (I am a F1 nut) and see how the feel in comparison to Shift 2, because that is what I was initially comparing PCars to.

I would like the replay function to have a directors mode though. Something that jumps from action to action and from car to car.

Aside from that, the replay's do crash my PC quite often but I understand that is being looked at.

Watch this space.

Things braking and getting fixed is a constant, lot's of times there is temporary workarounds posted in thread with latest build nr.

In this style:

"It is MANDATORY to delete the profile today, otherwise you might see in MP cars flickering like crazy, and when pressing return to pitbox it will throw your car to some weird place."

"Been away for the last 10 days and see lots of changes .....can't find TF or FFB settings in any of the main setup menus. Thanks in advance!"

"Scroll down in the leftmost column/part of the Controls menu."

I would say delete CARS profile every new build (it's in documents folder)

I always delete cars folder, but I still can't get it to show a replay twice. Did a great lap of the Nord in the GT40 and really enjoyed it ( that track is awesome in this game, the best yet) but replay would not work again. Shame. Lets hope these things get ironed out soon.
Yeah, the replays are definitely broken and game crashes are frequent with Friday's build for me. I'm sure they will have things sorted in a few days or so. In rF2 terms, I guess it would be considered an "unstable" build. :)

Amazing you just earned a lot of my respect back.
I don't need or want your respect. You lot still won't get my respect. Not for the way you have treated any Race department member with a negative or unfavourable opinion of the current state of Pcars.

But I am being honest and I am testing builds. I'll still say it as I find it. At the moment it is too unstable and has too many bugs. More bugs than a year ago to be honest. But I look forward to every build and I like having a blast around some of my favourite tracks. The Nordschliefe in particular. I am going there soon on my ZX10R. Can't wait to ride it.

The game is shaping up to be good in a way that will make a lot of people happy. But it is still very similar to SHIFT 2 but that is because of the engine. Today I drove the Nord in the GT40 and the BMW gtz4 and it was great and better handling and FFB than the Shift 2 version that I also drove straight after. For me, there is not enough difference though. They still look and feel very very similar and you cannot deny that. Both great fun though and very rewarding to get right.

To be honest, Pcars is going to be good, but it ain't going to be the sim racers sim of choice in my opinion.

I don't need or want your respect. You lot still won't get my respect. Not for the way you have treated any Race department member with a negative or unfavourable opinion of the current state of Pcars.

But I am being honest and I am testing builds. I'll still say it as I find it. At the moment it is too unstable and has too many bugs. More bugs than a year ago to be honest. But I look forward to every build and I like having a blast around some of my favourite tracks. The Nordschliefe in particular. I am going there soon on my ZX10R. Can't wait to ride it.

The game is shaping up to be good in a way that will make a lot of people happy. But it is still very similar to SHIFT 2 but that is because of the engine. Today I drove the Nord in the GT40 and the BMW gtz4 and it was great and better handling and FFB than the Shift 2 version that I also drove straight after. For me, there is not enough difference though. They still look and feel very very similar and you cannot deny that. Both great fun though and very rewarding to get right.

To be honest, Pcars is going to be good, but it ain't going to be the sim racers sim of choice in my opinion.
You know what that's too bad. I am generally not one to hold grudges if there is reason to forget em. I was in no way trying to be sarcastic toward you. The only problem I have ever had is with the ongoing Trolling in the sim racing forums. Not just pCARS any title for that matter. If you really want to know my stance read below.

Well I hope I made a point there of how destructive some of the stuff that gets posted can be. There is no reason to seek out to bash any given title. The way I see it I am trying to see things change for the better and sometimes things have to be taken to extremes to get a point across. If what is being posted were not to have an adverse effect on the community none of it would have happened.
I think people need to count to 10 before posting because much of it is very disrespectful. If you look my post were in reply of. I did not seek out anyone who was being respectful of the pCARS title SMS or Rene' Rast. The ones that weren't got a beat down. As for me ATM I have a very low outlook of the sim race community as a whole and sadly there are a number of innocent highly respectful people posting constructive feedback both negative and positive. The Trolling is what I went after and will continue to do so. Even if it gets me banned from every sim racing site. I don't care because much of the stuff that is posted should be flushed anyhow.
If anyone can agree that when I have disagreed I have tried to show respect when respect was given. I believe that most of the people out there are better than some of the stuff they are posting and everyone has had a chance to change their tune when they were wrong. That seems very hard for people just to swallow their pride admit they are wrong and move on.
Only individuals within the community can restore my faith in it or add to push me away further. I really don't think I am wrong in most cases my replies that called peopled out dealt with materials I would consider destructive to the overall enjoyment of the forum communities. When I have been wrong I think I have admitted it for the most part and moved on. Why can't others do the same or sites like VR continue to facilitate some of the sewage that gets posted?
As for RD maybe the iron fist approach is the best remedy because things have gotten a lot better here due to it.

Well I for one have got much more relevant info about the state of the game from Andy Jackson than from you pcars defence force lot. FFB and steering feel are my main concerns with every driving game. And when some driving game is called simcade it tells me right away what we are talking about, so very useful and necessary word indeed.
So thanks to @Andy Jackson for all the info. Keep us posted.

Birddogg, lets keep this thread on topic please. Like stated earlier I don't need or want any ones approval into my tastes in race games. I don't enjoy being called a troll either, but quite a few of us got used to it.
I don't care about VR or any other forums. Not interested.

I am testing the game, that's all I am doing. I like it, it's coming on great. If you or any one else disagree's with what I say then politely say so, but don't call me a troll. It's getting tiresome.

Back to the game. The Nordshliefe is fantastic. No doubt about it. I would buy this game just for that track alone. Did some more laps last night in the BMWZ4 and it was sublime. The FFB is weak as standard but it's there and it feels not too bad. The car handled wonderfully if a little too heavy feeling (almost as if the springs were very soft) but still very very good. Trying a Merc tonight and maybe the Capri. Me and my son are having a bit of a competition to see who can do the fastest lap at the Nord in the same car. Great fun.
Jebus, thanks. I just tell it like it is. I don't go on about FFB values or tweaks or any other geeky technobabble stuff. Just how the game plays. Like I said previously, it is getting very good but AC or RF2 it is not and that is because of the current engine in use. Looks great though. I am looking forward to purchasing the finished game.

Birddogg, lets keep this thread on topic please. Like stated earlier I don't need or want any ones approval into my tastes in race games. I don't enjoy being called a troll either, but quite a few of us got used to it.
I don't care about VR or any other forums. Not interested.

I am testing the game, that's all I am doing. I like it, it's coming on great. If you or any one else disagree's with what I say then politely say so, but don't call me a troll. It's getting tiresome.

Back to the game. The Nordshliefe is fantastic. No doubt about it. I would buy this game just for that track alone. Did some more laps last night in the BMWZ4 and it was sublime. The FFB is weak as standard but it's there and it feels not too bad. The car handled wonderfully if a little too heavy feeling (almost as if the springs were very soft) but still very very good. Trying a Merc tonight and maybe the Capri. Me and my son are having a bit of a competition to see who can do the fastest lap at the Nord in the same car. Great fun.
Jebus, thanks. I just tell it like it is. I don't go on about FFB values or tweaks or any other geeky technobabble stuff. Just how the game plays. Like I said previously, it is getting very good but AC or RF2 it is not and that is because of the current engine in use. Looks great though. I am looking forward to purchasing the finished game.
Was not directed at you personally. Another member and I were having a conversation and this was a response as to how I feel on the whole matter of community members going at each other and the reasons why it starts in the first place. So while being OT if it helps it was worth it. I would like to see a better understanding in general.

Anyway isn't it about time to put an end to the combative rhetoric we see in sim race forums day in and day out? I am more than willing to do my part but I think both of us will agree there are things that just can't be compromised that needs a little more awareness of how to treat the situation. Everyone is entitled to their opinion but snubbing of everyone's nose when trying to express that opinion really needs to end within the discussions of what ever content material and before you think I am pointing at you no I am not and just making a point that it is happening.

Last edited:
So while being OT if it helps it was worth it. I would like to see a better understanding in general.

Anyway isn't it about time to put an end to the combative rhetoric we see in sim race forums day in and day out?

Agreed. Thank you. I think people need to be more forgiving of others opinions, and to live and let live without resort to name calling and belittling. And it goes both ways. Some die hard investors/fans/alpha testers went way over the top in aggression towards some of us.

Back to the topic now. I just drove the Ginetta GT sports car for 8 laps of the Nord and by goodness it was great. What a handful that car is. But eck it was fun.

Last edited:
I think Pcars will provide a very immersive racing experience although, whether it can do so in terms of the handling remains to be seen. The sights, sounds, environmental weather and lighting effects, inclusion of helmet view, damage modeling and more will make it a very attractive racing game. Improved FFB effects could help close the gap a bit to AC & rF2 IMO.

My biggest concern is will people think it's a fun game or not. I have always had the hopes it would appeal to all levels of Racing Gamer. When people say they are enjoying it or even have mixed feelings about it that continue to have high hopes for it in the end I seem to have a sound mind over the outlook of the project. :cool:

My biggest concern is will people think it's a fun game or not. I have always had the hopes it would appeal to all levels of Racing Gamer.

I think most sim racers will buy it or at least try it. They will have fun. But it still remains to be seen if they will ever adopt a game that is aimed at everyone. They want out and out race sims in the end but I am sure they will enjoy this.

I think most sim racers will buy it or at least try it. They will have fun. But it still remains to be seen if they will ever adopt a game that is aimed at everyone. They want out and out race sims in the end but I am sure they will enjoy this.

Whole thing is Oh I think I am at about 15 years with racing games and have gone through phases along the way. I started with TD 5 on a KB but was hooked on PGA Championship Golf 2000 and getting into designing my own golf courses and then finding NT 2003 and NR2K3 before dedicating years to NT 2004 before finding GT Legends and the challenge of Road Racing and onto GTR2 and with it an obsession with Road Racing Sims in general wanting to be able to throw any title up on the monitor screen and being good at it this also in the mix introduced me to Toca RD 3 which at the level of Road Race experience I was at then at that time I truly loved the game play of that title but also started adding mods to GTR2 and trying to cut my teeth on rFactor without using assists and not a very long time with using a sim wheel to game with and my biggest goal was to master it at the hardest level as well as being able to do the same with anything else that was thrown in front of me. I ended up where I got pretty good but unable to truly master Sim Racing at it's hardest levels and it feeling second nature to me and being able to drive any car like I stole it. All this caused me to do was to take a needed step backward as to continue to enjoy Sim Racing as a whole. To do this I needed to be less serious and less judgmental of where my enjoyment actually lays? I found that the less serious titles could actually be tons of fun to play like the Dirt Series from Codemasters or even enjoying Grid 2 without having to be so judgmental of it and just took it at face value I have fun with it. All this has just led me to have a belief that having fun and enjoyment is my top priority. I for one have really enjoyed my involvement with Project CARS. As for the social aspects surrounding the games as has surrounded other games as well yes it has been tough at times I think for all of us. Maybe some people were unjustly called out as trolling or that some others being accused of only caring because they had large sums of money at stake in the project. You are so right that it has been a challenge on both sides of the coin within the discussions of the ongoing development of not only pCARS but other titles as well. I fully aware that I am not completely innocent but has always been my intent to have a better forum environment for all even when I have been wrong with the style of effort I have expressed in trying to get to that place. Anybody that has been around for a while know the heated debates within the Sim Race forum communities have been going on for a long time. If I have tried to change this in the past by what may be considered as failing efforts not well accepted by others I apologize. Always has been my goal to see community members get along better.:)

Anyway long story short I hope people can enjoy pCARS for being a fun game to play

Last edited:
Just for a heads up, if Andy had posted reasonably like he has recently from the get go I would have had no reason to argue with him and thus get put on ignore by him. He is posting now in an informative manner. Shame it took him so long really, would have stopped a lot of bad blood.

Im starting to like handling but Pcars FFB dosent give enough information about the tire behavior and grip so the car feels disconnected from the road. In last six months the car handling have made very nice steps forward but FFB needs to improve to make this game more enjoyable.
Currently FFB is dominated by feel of centering spring and too much damping.
Pcars will be very nice game if they manage get FFB more informative about tire, grip levels and weight of the car so the car feels more connected to road.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.