PC1 Latest Build testing.

Andy_J

I hate Race cheats ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
As you all know, Ian gave me a free pass to test the latest builds and that's what I have been doing for the last week. I will report here as and when I see fit to tell all about my findings.

But I will say that the latest build (296) is quite good. Now lets make some sense of my statement. I used a Lotus 98T in helmet cam using my antique MOMO red wheel and I can honestly report it is coming along much better than I anticipated. The actual feel and immersion is damn fine at this point. The handling is strange at first compared to say...RF2 and FVA, but it grows on you within minutes. At this point in time, this actual car feels good. I like it and I love the Milan circuit. The damage model has come on leaps and bounds.

I am doing some more testing all of next week using a G27 and I will also test some of the other cars that don't interest me as much (I am a F1 nut) and see how the feel in comparison to Shift 2, because that is what I was initially comparing PCars to.

I would like the replay function to have a directors mode though. Something that jumps from action to action and from car to car.

Aside from that, the replay's do crash my PC quite often but I understand that is being looked at.

Watch this space.

Nice work on the feedback guys.:thumbsup:

Regarding FFB in Pcars, both AC and Pcars seem to use the Spring and Dampening differently than other titles. If you run them at or near zero, you will likely be missing some forces. This has certainly been the case with the Logitech wheels and to a lesser extent, the Fanatec wheels. With the CSW, I have 5 different FFB presets that I can change instantly while playing, making the differences quite obvious.

One can do something similar with the Logitech Profiler by pausing the game, switching to the custom game profile, changing Spring and/or Dampening settings and then switching back to the game. You may find that settings somewhere in the mid-range works well too.

Nice work on the feedback guys.:thumbsup:

One can do something similar with the Logitech Profiler by pausing the game, switching to the custom game profile, changing Spring and/or Dampening settings and then switching back to the game. You may find that settings somewhere in the mid-range works well too.

Thanks Racenut. I'll do some more testing with the FFB.

Can someone tell Andy Imola has not had AIW work done. And that there's a thread about Ai code changes over at WMD for information " Physics and AI Code Progress". Very informative and Chris Ferrario is working on the Ai ability to "see". Something which is close to my heart about the Ai.

Just a quick quote from the new Project Cars website launched in the last few days

"the game runs on our own Madness engine THAT IS SPECIFICALLY DESIGNED TO RUN GAMES ON NEXT GENERATION CONSOLES with the capability to also to be scalable to modern PC's

I think that says a lot about the way the game plays, is designed and runs.

^ You should perhaps start a New thread if you want to discuss the new site or the game engine. Now that you've dropped that tr..., I mean inflammatory OT posting made to provoke a reaction (also posted elsewhere), my response is:

The game engine is a cross platform one. The new consoles basically have the same architecture and capability as a mid range PC. Despite the blurb on that site, the lead platform is PC. Heck, I'll just copy & paste from the last time that was brought up (link):

It's not a "console designed" game. If anything, it's "PC designed". It was conceived on the PC, the lead platform is PC, it's uncompromisingly using all the capabilities of PCs and the only platform it's being tested on (so far) is PC. It's a cross development project with the additional targets being consoles, and it will be downscaled as required for each of those.

Last edited:
I have tried the latest build today....and....now I get more FFB info in the wheel which adds so much to the realism.

But most importantly of all, today I got a new special FFB which to be honest, I have not felt this anywhere (to this extent)....you can now actually feel the car loosing the back! Once you feel it, you can quickly correct your driving to catch it. So, when the car is sliding or the back wheels are spinning too much, you can now feel it. Amazing.

This is new to me, so I'm really impressed with this. By the way, I have a G25...

Thumbs up!

In default form, the game is miles away, and if any special FFB tweaks exist they should be included in the next build as the current default isn't good enough.

The tyres still aren't finished and still have a good way to go going by how they currently perform, this has now been identified by the handling consultants and backs up what some WMD members have been saying for a long time. The cars are still way to soft and forgiving over kerbs and bumps though, something Rene Rast posted about recently hopefully this can improved with better suspension/chassis modelling. Once these areas are addressed hopefully the FFB will get a good overhaul.

I'm not gonna even attempt to make excuses or try defend something that does not need defending. I am starting to see much consistency on the handling of the different cars I have driven. I feel the FFB is ATM representing good weight shift but could use some jolt magnitude and some track surface effect but if that does not happen I will be happy with this title due to the fact it will not be the only title I will be playing and have different titles for different moods.
With that said an idea for those of you that have made it a crusade to post your negative opinions of the title sure it's your right to do so but I don't think your seeing the bigger picture. I am not telling you to give up your title of choice or even play pCARS. It will be what it will be and while we have some influence with our input into the proprietary development thread @WMD/pCARS doing so here is just venting at best and carries no weight to the positive feedback one might give to actually wanting to help improve what it is you don't like about the title.
Also consider the fact that if pCARS is successful at building a broad player base of old school and new comers to the genre it may actually have an impact on the empty lobbies of your title of choice.
When you give pCARS a shot in the eye you also in a sense give the industry a shot in the eye. Funny thing the sim race community is that tries to tear itself down as much as building itself up with tons of double standards along the way.
This has been going on long enough don't you think? Developers aren't giving you any free content for trying to tear down their competition are they. I would think it would be much more useful to channel your energies in a more positive manner don't you?

I agree birddogg, the sim community is a bit too much like the "football" (soccer) community in the UK. At the core, everyone likes the same thing, but then there's the fragmentation along club lines. Come to think of it, it reminds me a lot of Metallica Vs Megadeth arguments as well!

It seems you guys don't listen or read to well, So im about to stop caring..:O_o:
not bothered who it is, but the next guys not to listen to my simple request

Some how this is not on topic again, either stick to actual feedback on how it drives and preforms with the Latest Build or keep quiet. in other words put a sock in it. ;)

I
don't want to hear about about simcade vs sim any more or that fact you have been repeating your self for the last 2 years. or all the other repeated bla de bla

i've tried to be nice about it.
But you guys cant take a hint.. nor willing to let each other have there own views.
So if you
don't like it tuff, go find somewhere else to complain.

I want actual feedback please, not who can sail closest to our rules to get one over on each other.
Its pathetic and
pointless and just shows how immature you actually are, and all credibility is lost in any thing good you actually have to say or have said in the past.

Stay on topic or take a vacation. All-inclusive and curtsey of your friendly Racedepartment :)
Im just itching to give some season passes away to that well know destination..:sneaky::sneaky::sneaky:

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.