PC1 Latest Build testing.

Andy_J

I hate Race cheats ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
As you all know, Ian gave me a free pass to test the latest builds and that's what I have been doing for the last week. I will report here as and when I see fit to tell all about my findings.

But I will say that the latest build (296) is quite good. Now lets make some sense of my statement. I used a Lotus 98T in helmet cam using my antique MOMO red wheel and I can honestly report it is coming along much better than I anticipated. The actual feel and immersion is damn fine at this point. The handling is strange at first compared to say...RF2 and FVA, but it grows on you within minutes. At this point in time, this actual car feels good. I like it and I love the Milan circuit. The damage model has come on leaps and bounds.

I am doing some more testing all of next week using a G27 and I will also test some of the other cars that don't interest me as much (I am a F1 nut) and see how the feel in comparison to Shift 2, because that is what I was initially comparing PCars to.

I would like the replay function to have a directors mode though. Something that jumps from action to action and from car to car.

Aside from that, the replay's do crash my PC quite often but I understand that is being looked at.

Watch this space.

Well I'm not particularly bothered wether I meet your criteria matey and I don't particularly value your possibly biased opinion either. I test the FFB out of the box like I do with GSCE, Race 07, GTR2, RRE and AC and Pcars is woefully bad in comparison at this present time
Comparing pCARS current out of the box FFB defaults to other completed sims is just bad testing methodology. Being that pCARS defaults are in a constant state of flux at this time; it'll just give you a headache and false impressions of the final product.
The FFB is really bad, in fact it's the worst I have experienced but hopefully it will all come good by the next delayed release.

Oh and by the way Mr Manic, thanks for the tips, I am sure they will be useful for someone here. :thumbsup:
It would behoove you to at least try bmanics setup tips. I came to the same conclusions myself with my TX wheel and made adjustments accordingly. They nearly mirror the tips bmanic gave here.
The ability to adjust the FFB settings ingame are there for a reason. Everyone has different tastes for what feels best. More Options = Better Experience for the end user. FWIW, none of the other Sims I use(rF2 & R3E mostly) have remained in their 'Out of the Box' settings on my rig. I adjust everything to my tastes.

I will tinker, thanks for the advice. But to be honest my other sims get used with default FFB settings and I'm happy enough with them.

Like I stated earlier, I hope the out of box settings will get sorted before release. After all I think most people will get a bad first impression of the FFB if they don't.

All the best

Andy

Andy, please try bmanic's tips, his posts made pCars acceptable to me, when i came back from 6 months pause. I was also deeply dissappointed with how i didn't feel the wheel and then read his posts and Timo's thread "FFB tuning guide (wip)" and now i really enjoy driving. Try it out with our beloved BMW M3 E30 Group A, with whom we had so much fun learning it with Bram.

Hi Andrej,
Nice to hear from you.
I will only try these tweaks in the final release. What I am trying to do is make sure they are good right out of the box. I test the builds as they come. If the devs can't be bothered to get the FFB right at this stage and I test it like it is, then they can pull their socks up and get working.;)

I am looking forward to the full release and I am hoping it will be the sim of all sims as they have promised so often. :thumbsup:
See you in the Assetto Corsa Club Andrej.

I will only try these tweaks in the final release. What I am trying to do is make sure they are good right out of the box. I test the builds as they come. If the devs can't be bothered to get the FFB right at this stage and I test it like it is, then they can pull their socks up and get working.;)
Appart from tweaking the FFB, i'm actually using default setup. And as Snappy said, this will be kinda hard, since no two drivers will be using same amount of wheel forces (FFB).
But yeah, let's wait and be surprised :D with the outcome.

I will tinker, thanks for the advice. But to be honest my other sims get used with default FFB settings and I'm happy enough with them.

Like I stated earlier, I hope the out of box settings will get sorted before release. After all I think most people will get a bad first impression of the FFB if they don't.

All the best

Andy

You sound like my grandmother who is too afraid to click on anything, because it might break the computer, lol. There are FFB options, use them. Otherwise It's like running VGA on a 4K display, because you don't bother to install the driver or set the resolution slider and then complain why the picture is low quality.

It's useless guys. Let's move on.

Anyone here using a Thrustmaster TX that can give me some recommendations on FFB settings?
TX should be close to T300rs i'm having, so try these :
wheel setup :
Tire Force 65-75
car setup :
Master Scale 100
Fx,y,z scale around 70
Fx,y,z smoothing all 100
Steering ratio 8,4:1 (i don't like constant adjusting all the time)
everything else in the car setup page i leave on default

Steering ratios I leave default as they mirror their real life counterparts. Well, except the Mustang Boss302, that one I like to have quicker steering, default is a bit lazy. That and I'm used to the quick steering ratio I have setup in my real Mustang(custom Flaming River rack). :) AutoX pretty much demands a fast ratio on those tight parking lot courses.

Anyway, on the TX, like I mentioned earlier. On mine I bump the current ingame "Force Feedback" setting to 90 from the default of 75(which in all honesty should be defaulted to 100 like bmanic mentioned). Also make sure any damping settings are 0. Other than that, depending the car, I adjust 'Tire Force' to suit my taste, but more often than not leave it at the 100 default.

You sound like my grandmother who is too afraid to click on anything, because it might break the computer, lol. There are FFB options, use them. Otherwise It's like running VGA on a 4K display, because you don't bother to install the driver or set the resolution slider and then complain why the picture is low quality.

I agree with Andy Jackson in the sense that it's best to test things at default to get the best face value quality from an out of the box experience and then to go from there with customizing settings. However I have a different opinion of the FFB then he does and I have a different wheel as well (CSW V1) so that's another thing to consider also.

YES .
It's no longer in docs
The file to delete is the one in the steam folder, that's where all the career and controller settings are stored .

Not -----steam apps---- folder , one that says just - steam Think it's under steam apps .

EDIT --- Sorry , steam folder /user data /folder49627181//folder 234630/local/project cars/

Last edited:
Funny how all real pc sims generally get it right.

Depends on your definition of "right". Many people hated rF1's FFB which lead to the plugins of Leo and RealFeel. Personally, I preferred rF1's FFB (with some ini tweaks) over the plugins but I wouldn't call what I preferred over what others preferred "right". A lot people thought iRacing's FFB was phenomenal when it debuted.. I thought it was no better (and no worse) than rF1's.

FFB is subjective to the individual. Some people like and desire only "rack based" forces, and some want more canned forces. There is no definitive right or wrong, the idea is to expose options for users to have their own personal "right".

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.