KRB Audi S1 Silhouette

Cars KRB Audi S1 Silhouette 1.3.1

Login or Register an account to download this content
AccAkut updated KRB Audi S1 Silhouette with a new update entry:

Rear view wing mirrors (finally) added & new gear ratios and differential lockings

INSTALL THE FILES IN THE "FONT" FOLDER!!
still see reviews and onboards with non working instruments on youtube from time to time

1-jpg.223831

- small adjustement to steering geometry
- added missing side mirrors (high res LOD A, low res B and C)
- new gear ratios and diff lock values according to exclusive info from Team KRB
- adjusted glass shaders for polycarbonate

Read the rest of this update entry...

I like the car and this mod, so I took the time to make a little changes, preparing it to be more of a "get in and drive" type. For those that don`t want to learn much about setting up a racing car below is the 7z archive with the unpacked data. Folder "data" goes in "\AssettoCorsa\content\cars\krb_audi_silhouette\" and you need to remove or move the file "data.acd" so the new setup becomes the default. If you want to realign the wheel dummies first you need to change the "USE_ANIMATED_SUSPENSIONS" in "car.ini" to value of "0". I already prepared the realignment, only left animated suspensions on.
Also corrected the steering animation because of the twisting wrists. In the 7z below is the file that goes in "\AssettoCorsa\content\cars\krb_audi_silhouette\animations\"View attachment 321103
Ok...now what exactly did you change? Can't check right now (on my phone here).

Part of the fun with this car was just how unrefined it's suspension and aero was, I mean I talked with the team, it was like this in real life. Hope you did not just copy in that of another car.

Understeer is mostly the result of the (CFD simulated!) aero, which quite simply isn't great and very rear biased. Hence why the car drives best with the lowest wing setting.

edit: I had a look into your files, all I find changed is the front spring rate? And you made it higher, which should result in even less front grip :cautious: Steering animation is not bad, less wrist breaking, but the general position of the hands is rather far away from the rim of the wheel

Last edited:
Ok...now what exactly did you change? Can't check right now (on my phone here).

Part of the fun with this car was just how unrefined it's suspension and aero was, I mean I talked with the team, it was like this in real life. Hope you did not just copy in that of another car.

Understeer is mostly the result of the (CFD simulated!) aero, which quite simply isn't great and very rear biased. Hence why the car drives best with the lowest wing setting.

edit: I had a look into your files, all I find changed is the front spring rate? And you made it higher, which should result in even less front grip :cautious: Steering animation is not bad, less wrist breaking, but the general position of the hands is rather far away from the rim of the wheel

I did as smaller changes as I could exactly in an effort to keep the character of the mod as good as it is. In data I decreased the bumpstops, the diffs preload and 0 coast as there are no such possibilities in normal setup. The ARB in the back needs to be insanely stiff so the car rotates better mid-corner with 0 ARB in front... Didn`t touch the springs and dampers at all :) Just give it a spin at a twisty circuit, maybe in the wet and you will see the differences yourself.

Last edited:
Curiously enough in the video the car is in full aero pack and still the man said that it`s like RS200. I take it as comparison how agile in the corners it was. From the outside it looks as the front struggles a lot.

Curiously enough in the video the car is in full aero pack and still the man said that it`s like RS200. I take it as comparison how agile in the corners it was. From the outside it looks as the front struggles a lot.
Well in that video the speed was alot slower. After all the aero is basically the Audi Pikes Peak package (made mostly for speeds below ~200kph on gravel roads) further widened and draped over a car with a different wheelbase.
And I'll keep your other changes in mind in case I ever do another update on this car.

0 ARB at front? In an aero car? :roflmao:
Maybe IRL aero cars need front ARB in all occasions but in this case the relation between the front and rear ARB dictates that its as much as possible biased to the rear in order to get some mid-corner balance. Specific torsional stiffness of the model I presume... Even with front 0 ARB the mod car doesn`t wobble, so the rear end is stiff enough from the springs and dampers incl. at 100 boost and any aero configuration.

Last edited:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back