KRB Audi S1 Silhouette

Cars KRB Audi S1 Silhouette 1.3.1

Login or Register an account to download this content
Well that is an impossible dream, there is only one unique car and today its got a twinturbo V8 instead of the inline-5. I dunno where you are from, but try visiting hillclimb events, they are your best chance to find turbo 5s driven in anger ;)
Yeah...I'm an idiot. After I made my post I remember that you already explained how there was only 1 and then they put a new engine in...etc... So, now what I'm going to say is, I really wish I had a time machine so I could go back and see this beast in person! :laugh::D
Oh man...Please tell me that's your setup @After_Midnight -- that's awesome. A freakin' beemer. :laugh: I didn't watch the entire vid, but he was doing a really good job with that monster. It's a pretty strange car to drive. It's remarkably "easy" to drive, that is, until you get to that point where all bets are off. Time to separate the men from the boys. :D

No need to apologise. When you do a project like this you turn into a sorta expert for the car or track in question, or at least I think you should ;)

Its the third video I see of someone doing a review who forgot to install the font files (or are they just not displayed in VR mode?)

Oh man...Please tell me that's your setup @After_Midnight -- that's awesome.
nope it isn't :unsure:
my actual AC setup: :thumbsup:
8can3Pn.jpg

With f6 cameras not set i mean this, only a couple of them seems are set well, three of them are focused on the suspension and one set to the back of the car but onboard ;)

46.jpg

47.jpg

48.jpg

49.jpg

50.jpg

51.jpg

With f6 cameras not set i mean this, only a couple of them seems are set well, three of them are focused on the suspension and one set to the back of the car but onboard ;)

Seems set to me. I mean you gotta show off all the hard work on the mostly hidden stuff somehow! And most cars have a F6 camera pointing backwards.

as the others pointed out, all positions are intentional. Don't see a reason to exactly redo the positions these cameras have in the Kunos cars. The suspension cameras I did at first for testing purposes (took many months to get all the animation working as intended), and I kept them to... show off a little :whistling:

Sorry for german :p
Ich habs dir doch gesagt: Dat is dein Mann für sowat :roflmao:
Hatte ihn angeschrieben, und mich für weitere Fragen zur Verfügung gestellt...kam nix zurück. Aber schönes Review. Auch schön dass ihn alle wegen dem "Diesel-Versprecher" belächeln ;)
---
Just commenting on the german review

AccAkut updated KRB Audi S1 Silhouette with a new update entry:

KRB Audi S1 Silhouette (1.2 Update: Shaders, AI and tweaks on all ends)

Long overdue update with lots of small bits and bops.

Major changes are an AI update that will bring this car up to speed and under control if driven by the "new" AI we got this summer. The car should survive even the Nordschleife at normal AI settings now.

I also just today did a major rework of the main body shader, as so far the car appeared just a little too dull, dark and just weird in a field of (Kunos) cars.Below are pics of the new appearance:...

Read the rest of this update entry...

The Silhouette is a hillclimb car, what good would mirrors be?
:redface:
I think @Cote Dazur is actually right, on most outings it has/had mirrors (the Gatebil Extreme events are full grid race track events, not hillclimbs). On most of the detailed build thread pictures I used from recreation it had none, hence I overlooked them, but I agree that this is something I should correct, should be a 10 minute job really, can probably reuse an existing material too ...I'll see you soon

here you can see the miniature mirrors (I could not figure out what those boxes hanging from the roof are, but they only appeared after the V8 swap, and I made the inline-5 version, sooo ..I'll omit them):

also for all those that mention the steering wheel: Look at it, it is really that big. Kai is huge lad, and even in his bear hands it appears huge. This is a team that started off making ice racing and rally cars, not formulas. The whole steering system is actually a Volvo 240 based rig, not Audi (overall there is more Volvo in the whole car than Audi)

Last edited:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back