F1 2011 Is this very good driving or...?

F1 2011 The Game (Codemasters)
Since the patch they have relaxed the 6/6 springs rule and they are now open, because of some of the "wrong" penalties the game gives out when set to FULL they run with reduced penalties. However the corner cutting and track extention is a hot topic in the forums at the moment and I wouldn't be surprised if this is tightened up before their next season starts in a couple of weeks time.

i know wats up with him takin eau rouge flat and why his times are so insane :
1. hes in the online williams, 1of the 2 quickest cars online
2. hes driving tcam , natural 1 sec advantage ( at hilly tracks like spa or hungary or brasil)
3.shortshifing and overreving WWWAAAYY too much
4. hes able to take eau rouge like tht cause he dont drive 11-11 or so but more sth like 8/7-11 wings
5. hes a good driver

He is an amazing driver for sure. And his ability to drive a clean race is something I strive for myself.

We have thrown around the idea of running the reduced penalty system in our league, but I honestly don't think there is that much of a problem with it. If anything, it is already too lenient. There is the odd glitchy call, but it's not enough to make me want to turn the system down or off.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9700 using Tapatalk

He is an amazing driver for sure. And his ability to drive a clean race is something I strive for myself.

We have thrown around the idea of running the reduced penalty system in our league, but I honestly don't think there is that much of a problem with it. If anything, it is already too lenient. There is the odd glitchy call, but it's not enough to make me want to turn the system down or off.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9700 using Tapatalk

Can I use tapatalk in iphone4s ?

Well I tested now Spa and I could take both corners with DRS open but I had to reduce the throttle by a very very little amount. Maybe lift it to 95-99% works... If it's not 100% - you have no problems. Anyways I don't have so much confidence in my car as he does. And I was even on TT. He has so much more grip... And he does the lap almost 2 secs faster than me. I don't use TC or ABS, manual gears and etc but he doesn't too... 1.38.182 vs 1.39.938.. This is a huge difference. Sure, he's a very good driver but I looked around his videos and I saw that when he loses control of the car, he just freezes. I mean he can't handle it. Which means - his car never slides. I don't know what's the difference between a McLaren and a Williams (when equal setting is on for the Williams) but it surely isn't so big. He has something...

f120112012033100494494.png

Here's an image of my sector times. On my previous lap I made a mistake at sector 2 which *obviously* cost me 2 tenths. I couldn't better my first and third sector from my previous best. I did just 4-5 laps altho but I wouldn't have fallen even to mid 1.39 with more training. It's a track I really like but it's also a track I'm not good at but again - I looked around his videos and he's a LOT faster on every track.. I don't know if it's my setup which makes this gap - I can't really understand how the suspension works in this game. Everything else is covered. I've tried all kinds of stiffness and I'm always fastest with 11/11. I'm with Patch 1.2.

He's just fast and does a lot of practice, on the time trial leaderboards he's generally in the top 10 and almost always has the fastest no assists time at each track. I've raced with him on F1 2011 and previously on F1 2010 where he was just as quick.

On the xbox I don't see how anyone would be able to cheat.

Eau-Rouge flat out with DRS open. Not just that. DRS open in Blanchimont as well. How :)

I'm not the quickest driver but i can go through them with DRS open, i dunno how noble does it but for me you have to get your line right, your turn in right and i slightly lift off.
Again, it might be different for noble but ive found having DRS open in these corners to give minimal advantage, if any at all.

For the guys doubting him not using using no assists, he has another youtube account (lhamiltonfan01 or something like that, maybes lhamilton01) and there is a video off all his TT times indicating he uses no assists, at the time he did said video he was the highest place player on all tracks using no assists.

EDIT. His other youtube account is lhamiltonfan

Doing Eau Rouge and Blanchimonte flat-out with DRS open is certainly possible with a setup that has decent grip (something like 9/11 wings and soft springs, for example) and a perfect line.
What concerns me more is the speed he carries through the corners in Brazil. It just seems absurd. However, I suppose it might be possible he's found out about a setup that nobody else has figured out yet (comparable to, for example, 11/1 wings and balance 100% to the rear in F2010).

Well I've seen some vids where guys are just able to do stuff in corners that I cannot. I really don't know how it can be legit.

If only we can get the guy to an rFactor session... Then we'll see if he really is that good.

EDIT: Not that I mean I am very fast. I just mean stuff which I've attempted, and not even got close to managing, which shows to me that it isn't physically possible.

You guys are completely deluded if you think he's cheating. As you can see on his Hungary lap, I'm part of the ARL F1 Xbox 360 league and I'm a friend of his also (x M a t t y G). He does not cheat and does not do anything to exploit the game (how the hell you do that on an Xbox 360 is beyond me anyway...)

He has a decent setup, but most of all he gets EVERYTHING out of the car. He is on the power and on the limit the whole time, how you people can accuse him of cheating with no evidence apart from him having DRS open through Eau Rouge is appalling. He's probably the best no assists driver on the xbox 360 side and some of you can't seem to accept that. He runs NO assists as I'm in the same league as him and the assists are BANNED. If you knew anything about the game you would know the sound of a car when they are running TC anyway.

Noble 2909 uses a Madcatz wheel. The Canada video was just before the patch was released the following week (and I won that race anyway and was faster than Noble.. Are you going to accuse me of cheating also?). We are respectable drivers and followed a strict 6-6 spring regulation until the patch was released.

I hit high 1.12's round Hungary with no assists, I hit high 38's, low 39s round Spa no assists, and I hit a 1.07.4 round Montreal with 6-6 springs before the patch and now hit 1.06's after the patch, I hit 1.06.1's round Brazil and this is on a controller. So for all you guys who think he's cheating, put the tears away, realise he's faster than you and start getting better at the game instead of throwing all your toys out of the pram.

You guys are completely deluded if you think he's cheating. As you can see on his Hungary lap, I'm part of the ARL F1 Xbox 360 league and I'm a friend of his also (x M a t t y G). He does not cheat and does not do anything to exploit the game (how the hell you do that on an Xbox 360 is beyond me anyway...)

He has a decent setup, but most of all he gets EVERYTHING out of the car. He is on the power and on the limit the whole time, how you people can accuse him of cheating with no evidence apart from him having DRS open through Eau Rouge is appalling. He's probably the best no assists driver on the xbox 360 side and some of you can't seem to accept that. He runs NO assists as I'm in the same league as him and the assists are BANNED. If you knew anything about the game you would know the sound of a car when they are running TC anyway.

Noble 2909 uses a Madcatz wheel. The Canada video was just before the patch was released the following week (and I won that race anyway and was faster than Noble.. Are you going to accuse me of cheating also?). We are respectable drivers and followed a strict 6-6 spring regulation until the patch was released.

I hit high 1.12's round Hungary with no assists, I hit high 38's, low 39s round Spa no assists, and I hit a 1.07.4 round Montreal with 6-6 springs before the patch and now hit 1.06's after the patch, I hit 1.06.1's round Brazil and this is on a controller. So for all you guys who think he's cheating, put the tears away, realise he's faster than you and start getting better at the game instead of throwing all your toys out of the pram.

I've followed this thread from the beginning and don't recall anyone saying he was cheating. Some people were wondering if he had a mod, or if he used assists. He is a fast driver and in all the ARL videos i have watched you are all very respectful of the other drivers. That should be commended, not defended.
Why are you being so defensive in this thread?

If he had a mod? On the Xbox? How is that not accusing him of cheating? Many people have said something implying he is cheating or questioning his legitimacy of no assists:

'but I also think he's taking advantage of some bug'
'He is of course doing 11/11 bug :mad: and even he has good setup can't open he has got a hack :D'
'I think it still uses the bug setup 11/11'
'No way. No matter how good you are you can't push full throttle in the middle of a corner without TC'
'He has something...''Cannot see how that can be legit'
How is this not implying/accusing him of doing something dodgy?

I'm allowed to be defensive of another driver I race with, and that is what I'm doing, and the reason is because people who are not as good as other drivers immediately assume they are cheating or using some kind of mod/hack. Can't you people simply accept he is better than you?

I don't think anyone here is claiming that the laptimes are done by cheating.
People are just throwing around ideas that maybe there are some special circumstances to those fast time besides you guys being very talented.

All of it started around watching videos where people on consoles are way faster than guys on PC and if there could be some cause to that.

No disrespect :)

Its called a discussion mate - just relax eh? Everyone has an opinion, certainly some folks on here might call a foul, you will always find people with very strong opinions wherever you go, check the other threads out to see what I mean.
But seriously, joining RD just to rock up and pretty much behave in the same manner as the people you are criticising is a bit of a noob move.

I dont think people are upset that he is faster than them, thats a very naive way to view this discussion, its the fact he is doing stuff which simply no one else can seem to achieve in a manner that shouldnt be possible - that is why there are question marks.

I know everyone has an opinion, and some people have just accepted that he knows how to play the game. The people that aggrevate me are the ones who simply say he's cheating or exploiting a bug or whatever. That isn't a discussion, that's simply putting a driver down who has put time and effort into getting to where he is today.

You say that I am naive in the way that I view this discussion, really? Yes, some people are trying to discuss how he's quick and I have no problem with that, but it is the people who post saying he's doing something dodgy or using assists purely based on the fact he is fast. Why should I not sign-up (even though I signed up in Dec 2010) and post the truth and stick up for my mate who is being wrongly accused of these things? I'm putting the answer out there so that people can accept (for the ones that do not believe he is legit) it and move on from this...

As the thread says 'Is this very good driving or...' It's very good driving.

When I started this thread I had no intention to accuse anybody of cheating. I still don't. I simply wanted to know how is it possible that console guys drive like that. I mean the whole ARL league is so much faster than the league here on PC. No offense again to the guys here :)

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back