F1 2011 Is this very good driving or...?

F1 2011 The Game (Codemasters)
It's ironic that last time I checked there was only 2 posts that mentioned hacks, or not being legitimate. The rest is just normal discussions about a video, and what enables the driver to do what he does, because he's doing it pretty well ...... It doesn't resemble a 'Noble Cheating' thread by any stretch of the imagination.

If you put videos on you tube, then expect comments, criticisms, suggestions ...... and umm ..... rudeness. It's part of your online digital life ;)

..... and as part of MY digital life ...... you can now tell me to 'go forth and multiply' :)

For those that don't know that old expression ...

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Go Forth and Multiply

It's ironic that last time I checked there was only 2 posts that mentioned hacks, or not being legitimate. The rest is just normal discussions about a video, and what enables the driver to do what he does, because he's doing it pretty well ...... It doesn't resemble a 'Noble Cheating' thread by any stretch of the imagination.

If you put videos on you tube, then expect comments, criticisms, suggestions ...... and umm ..... rudeness. It's part of your online digital life ;)

..... and as part of MY digital life ...... you can now tell me to 'go forth and multiply' :)

For those that don't know that old expression ...

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Go Forth and Multiply

Haha exactly G!

It's as easy as peas!

Yyyeah... Still, Swedish doesn't sound as kooky as Finnish...
Btw, Jan - you get a
thumb_up.png
for your avatar ;)

And as far as the topic goes - I lost track of what was going on here a couple of pages ago, so what's the agreed (yeah, good one :D) status? No cheats involved, but weirdly grippy compared to the PC version?

this thread was funny in the sense that people come up with "certain" explanations without "knowing". It's of my "opinion" that noble doesn't use assists and i'm guessing that the league he's in would ban them. also, it's not just about setup - because some of the youtube videos show a range of setups being used.

the 11/11 bug never gives me 2 seconds a lap and also wears tyres out pretty bad on certain tracks.

who said there were 150 drivers on xbox? lol nuts. there's probably nearer 90 000 +

i just did a tt in qualifying the other day. i got to rank 240 at india with no assists which is a pb in terms of ranking. quite pleased as i don't usually do tt...yet i am still way off nobles times and obviously a hell of a lot of other drivers. it's just down to being damn good drivers that they are better. i'm sure they would beat me with any setup. remember senna in the rain? i bet that guy didn't always have a wet setup, but his braking and throttle control etc won the day for him regularly.

obviously and this saddens me, there are a number of people who cut corners on this game. a large number in fact who do this and rave about their times e.g. not sure about tsk stiggy but rumours that he corner cuts and when i was due to race online, he quite after qualifying. does he race in a league? noble on the other hand doesn't cut corners. respect to him and his close-ish competitors who are streets ahead of all of us.

the good news is..we can all learn, we can all get better...so watch out...coz i'm coming ;-)

I did a little research and discovered some things. First that you can do better times on consoles. Dunno why but it was the same with F1 2010 if I remember well. Another thing is Noble 2909. Watch some of his videos and take a closer look at the ARL xbox league. I must say he is just a genius behind the wheel. That's all. Just look at his achievements in that league. Respect mate!

What are the top times for India? Not the 'fluke' times where there is an error, but say number 10, 25, 50 and 100... what are those times?

In India MotionBlur holds the record (the other times are bugged or with assists or whatever, I know Motion he is one the the fastest players on PC. He even have a video about his lap which I can show you if you want) His lap time is 1.17.628 and he is 4th.
the 10th time is kiflas time I know him well too. His time is 1.18.247
25th 1.18.738
50th 1.19.079
100th 1.19.684 (this on is with assists the other are without)

I'm no expert in this pc vs console thing. Maybe after comparing the times we will get a clear picture.

In India MotionBlur holds the record (the other times are bugged or with assists or whatever, I know Motion he is one the the fastest players on PC. He even have a video about his lap which I can show you if you want) His lap time is 1.17.628 and he is 4th.
the 10th time is kiflas time I know him well too. His time is 1.18.247
25th 1.18.738
50th 1.19.079
100th 1.19.684 (this on is with assists the other are without)

I'm no expert in this pc vs console thing. Maybe after comparing the times we will get a clear picture.

That's cool Zoltan. I'll try to compare these tonight when i'm home from work.
One thing i do remember from the xbox times is that a lot of them are set by people using assists. I only ever really look at the times of people who don't use assists because that's what i use.

did a race in china last night 30%. tsk stiggy joined the race and mysteriously got dsq again. the guy is near top of most leaderboards. i'm thinking he explores the limits of corner cutting.
Correct. I raced against him once in a 30% race around Malaysia, which is notably a track where you can only really cut/extend once during the lap (turn 4, and surprise surprise, he was doing it). He also uses assists and was still way off in quali, and in the race. Think he done a 26.6 in quali (McLaren), compared to my 25.1 (Sauber), and my mate from ARL who done 25.6 (Williams)

(worth noting as well that at the end of the race, he was about to lose 2nd place because he ran out of fuel, so he decided to swerve and block the car behind from overtaking him on the approach to the finish line. The guy is is no way a clean racer, and basically uses anything to his advantage that the game lets him get away with)

p.s to the guy who asked if i play Rfactor, I used to when i was younger (like early teens) so nothing serious, but it's a great game. But i unfortunately no longer have it.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 228 14.7%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 157 10.1%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 156 10.1%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 117 7.5%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 222 14.3%