F1 2011 Is this very good driving or...?

F1 2011 The Game (Codemasters)
True we should all move on from this. My curiosity is the fact there never seems to be any correction to the wheel or apparent wheel spin when he is dumping the throttle with the DRS open in the most unlikely of places. These are places no one else can do so calmly (if at all) Places a real driver would not dare to, or if they did would certainly be doing some corrections to the wheel to maintain a straight line. Yeah I had already clocked from the sound of the engine there is no TC assist, and mods are unlikely (but probably not impossible) on eggsbox.

There are stupidly quick guys here who believe paying out a fortune for some top flight pedals / wheels will gain them time over the G27 they currently use, but this guy is running a Madcatz you say? That's one step up from the coat hanger and string controller I saw on YouTube.

So, I would 'like' to think, apart from the guy having indisputable driving skills, (no doubt) that there is some cheeky setup combination that is helping him - and I just want to say that i don't see that as cheating. I didn't see the 11/11 as cheating, as you could pick it within the options of the game, everyone had their chance to use it, so I just mean some secret crazy setup combinationwhich someone could stumble on. I know that's a bit far fetched, but this a CM game afterall - anything is possible ;)

I know everyone has an opinion, and some people have just accepted that he knows how to play the game. The people that aggrevate me are the ones who simply say he's cheating or exploiting a bug or whatever. That isn't a discussion, that's simply putting a driver down who has put time and effort into getting to where he is today.

You say that I am naive in the way that I view this discussion, really? Yes, some people are trying to discuss how he's quick and I have no problem with that, but it is the people who post saying he's doing something dodgy or using assists purely based on the fact he is fast. Why should I not sign-up (even though I signed up in Dec 2010) and post the truth and stick up for my mate who is being wrongly accused of these things? I'm putting the answer out there so that people can accept (for the ones that do not believe he is legit) it and move on from this...

As the thread says 'Is this very good driving or...' It's very good driving.

You should really calm down. We're not saying he's cheating. We all just want to find out how he's doing it. YES, he's a good driver, but believe me, he's not a god. He's just used to the tons of grip he has and he's not making any stupid mistakes. That's it. I think the main thing he's so fast is his car setup. I mean, if I could take the corners with such speed and not under or oversteer, I'd do the same times as him. Even with 11/11 wings, everything, EVERYTHING for grip.. I just don't get even near his grip. There must be something in the setup which we don't know. TC is definitely OFF. When I take Eau Rouge with DRS, I need to use the whole track so I don't spin. He doesn't have to do this. He uses the track just to get minimum road from it. Over his videos I saw one Abu Dhabi 100% race video. Again Williams, again enormous grip. With his tires absolutely gone he slided a little bit and he barely handled it. He doesn't have any good reactions and etc on how to control a car which slides. He's not used to sliding. I mean, if I use 9/11 setup I will never slide too, but his front isn't that low. His front is a lot more grippy than mine and I never use setups for tons of downforce on the rear. I often like to accept the fact that my rear is sliding and get lots of front downforce.. And again, neither my front nor rear have such grip. You're in his league, you know him so you know the trick with the setup too. You're protecting him just because you do the same thing. I'm pretty sure he won't do such lap times if he uses the DEFAULT setups. With them, he'll be just like one of us. He may be quicker, just because he's a very good driver but the difference won't be 2 seconds. Believe me.

P.S. Don't "attack" me now with your answer. I'm saying what I'm thinking and you're saying that you defend him cuz we say he's using hacks or what the heck. I'm not saying such thing in this post, I'm just being realistic.

Lol, you really think you can do the same times as him? Go on then:

Spa:

8-11 front wing
48-52 high standard
7-11 balance
1-1-11-10 springs
Gearbox
92mph (all the way to the right)
108 mph (1st one)
127 mph (2nd one)
148 mph
167 mph
190 mph
218 mph

Alignment
Top two to the left
Bottom two to the right

Stop making excuses about this 'magic setup' as you now have it, this is for spa. Go and do a 1.38.1 in the Williams online with no assists.

He uses MORE than the track. He is off the track with 4 wheels more than once through Eau Rouge.

Haha, you actually make me laugh. You do realise DRS through Eau Rouge is going to give you about 1 tenth of time compared to closing it and going through there? He has two wheels on the white line which is part of the track anyway.

Are you also trying to suggest that you're perfect and do not corner cut or extend the track or ANYTHING EVER? Be it accidentally or on purpose? Noble would quite happily post another video of him not using 'MORE than the track' as you put it and still post a low 38.

What is your point anyway? It seems like you're picking at the SMALLEST of things to try and put him down which is just a joke. I'd love to see a video of you racing and as soon as I see the tiniest of track extensions or corner cuts, I'm going to be on you like a rash.

Haha, you actually make me laugh. You do realise DRS through Eau Rouge is going to give you about 1 tenth of time compared to closing it and going through there? He has two wheels on the white line which is part of the track anyway.

Are you also trying to suggest that you're perfect and do not corner cut or extend the track or ANYTHING EVER? Be it accidentally or on purpose? Noble would quite happily post another video of him not using 'MORE than the track' as you put it and still post a low 38.

What is your point anyway? It seems like you're picking at the SMALLEST of things to try and put him down which is just a joke. I'd love to see a video of you racing and as soon as I see the tiniest of track extensions or corner cuts, I'm going to be on you like a rash.
Firstly, I never said I was perfect. I don’t think anyone is perfect. We are not professional drivers and everyone has “offs” once in a while.
The drivers that have licences here agree to some basic rules, one of which outlines track cutting. We all agree to adhere to the rules and not gain an advantage by braking any of them. I try hard to lift if I cut a corner by accident.

I think that by cutting the corner he is able to keep DRS open, that is my point.
http://www.racedepartment.com/forum/threads/is-this-very-good-driving-or.49153/page-2#post-1101880

Lol, you really think you can do the same times as him? Go on then:

Spa:

8-11 front wing
48-52 high standard
7-11 balance
1-1-11-10 springs
Gearbox
92mph (all the way to the right)
108 mph (1st one)
127 mph (2nd one)
148 mph
167 mph
190 mph
218 mph

Alignment
Top two to the left
Bottom two to the right

Stop making excuses about this 'magic setup' as you now have it, this is for spa. Go and do a 1.38.1 in the Williams online with no assists.

Well, with this setup I am about 0,7-1 sec slower than him. Now this is a lot better. Probably with some practice I can lower it to 0,5 but Spa has never been my track anyways. Are you sure he's using 7 front roll bar? I feel a lot better with it on 1. And also high pressure on brakes? This is his or your setup?

It's his setup.

Strange. I'm feeling more comfortable with 9/11 wings and 1/11 roll bars. Altho the setup is awesome. I lock the breaks too often with high pressure, I never really use it. But yea, that's probably it. Williams is a few tenths faster than a McLaren when they're on "EQUAL" setting so this is it. Do you have his Brazil setup by the way? He was ultimately quick there too and it seems his setups are awesome.. I need to try it! :D

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 52 27.4%
  • More leagues

Votes: 33 17.4%
  • Prizes

Votes: 37 19.5%
  • Trophies

Votes: 21 11.1%
  • Forum trophies

Votes: 11 5.8%