Introducing the Audi TT RS (VLN) for Assetto Corsa

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Assetto Corsa - Audi TT RS (VLN) 2.jpg

The Audi TT RS VLN will be one of the ten cars coming to Assetto Corsa next week as part of the recently announced 'Ready to Race' DLC pack for the game.

With a mix of some of the most impressive race machines spanning over a number of different generations, from right the way back to the 1990's with the Toyota Celica ST185 Turbo up to modern day times in the form of the impressive 2016 TT RS VLN, the 'Ready to Race' DLC package has been designed to include some of the most requested content for Assetto Corsa by the sim racing community.

Hot on the heals of the recent Audi R8 LMS reveal yesterday, Kunos have been at it again with some new images from the 2016 specification Audi TT RS VLN edition, making it's way to the simulation for the first time and adding yet another performance closed top GT car to the game. Famous in real life for its exploits on the legendary Nürburgring Nordschleife, the TT RS VLN is a potent weapon indeed.

According to Kunos, the "Audi TT RS (VLN) has been developed in response to the high demand from customers wishing to use the TT and other vehicles of the brand in motorsport.

The Audi TT RS (VLN) is based on a five-cylinder TFSI engine and features racing-specific new developments in the body, suspension and aerodynamics areas of the car"

The 'Ready to Race' DLC pack for Assetto Corsa will be available on Thursday 18th May for PC players of the title, with a console release expected "to follow shortly after".

Assetto Corsa is a racing simulation built for PC, Xbox One and PlayStation 4. The 'Ready to Race' DLC will release for PC on Thursday May 18th, with console versions to follow "in the near future".

Assetto Corsa - Audi TT RS (VLN) 4.jpg
Assetto Corsa - Audi TT RS (VLN).jpg
Assetto Corsa - Audi TT RS (VLN) 3.jpg

The Assetto Corsa sub forum here at RaceDepartment is the place to go for Assetto Corsa news and community discussion. We have a whole bunch of mods to download, a specific area for modders to discuss their WIP projects and of course our epic Racing Club and League events. Head over and join in today.

Looking forward to trying the TT RS VLN? Which of the 'Ready to Race' DLC cars most excite you? What do you think would be a reasonable price for the DLC? Let us know in the comments section below!

Thats why RD has a great racing community and probably the best ,
Again is not really on topic and about anything at all in the thread ,

Its like rain , its been discussed and discussed and discussed ,
Yeah its cool and looks awesome ,
But if its less than 5% of people actually using it , why bother .
I just talked about AC in all postings. What´s off-topic about it?
People especially in AC don´t use online-racing, because it´s outrages and the worst experience apart from Forza Motorsport. You can blame the people for it, but i blame the game-design. And there are about 4000 people in average running iRacing when i go online, so 5% from what?

If we could get professional looking rain and night racing in AC from a mod. Wouldn´t people ask the devs why they don´t implement it?

RD is nice and would be much better if integrated in SRS (as an alternative). It´s just not working with Raceroom so far.

I just talked about AC in all postings. What´s off-topic about it?
People especially in AC don´t use online-racing, because it´s outrages and the worst experience apart from Forza Motorsport. You can blame the people for it, but i blame the game-design. And there are about 4000 people in average running iRacing when i go online, so 5% from what?

If we could get professional looking rain and night racing in AC from a mod. Wouldn´t people ask the devs why they don´t implement it?

RD is nice and would be much better if integrated in SRS (as an alternative). It´s just not working with Raceroom so far.
There is 1000,s of threads on RD ,
This particular thread is about 1 car from a new DLC , Soon to be released , the 2014 TTRS VLN Special ,
Show me exactly where it says / Online racing ? SRS Servers ? R3E ?
I am confused why you constantly keep replying with off topic questions ,
Cool what your saying I dig it ,
But I came to eat a KFC , And all you have tried to do is ram a BK down my throat ,
If I wanted a BK I would go somehwere else .

There is 1000,s of threads on RD ,
This particular thread is about 1 car from a new DLC , Soon to be released , the 2014 TTRS VLN Special ,
Show me exactly where it says / Online racing ? SRS Servers ? R3E ?
I am confused why you constantly keep replying with off topic questions ,
Cool what your saying I dig it ,
But I came to eat a KFC , And all you have tried to do is ram a BK down my throat ,
If I wanted a BK I would go somehwere else .
You should better look for some more healthy food than this crap;)
This Audi is already in RR and i took a few laps in the championship-challenge. Nice driving there, but what´s the point of this car without proper online-racing? VLN means >150 cars driving around the VLN-track in many different classes. It´s not about driving with 20 AI-cars around Vallelunga so it smells a bit like cars with Le Mans aero without Le Mans.

For me it has also been a little disappointing not to receive a new circuit in this update, I think they should give priority to bringing new circuits, there are many cars in AC and very few circuits. It is certainly a must buy for me this new DLC, I love AC and I want to have it all, but I think people will start to become disillusioned little by little with this project.

I fail to understand how Stefano has left out of his plans the rain that was so well achieved in netkar, with its accumulation of water in the holes and the great feeling of aquaplaning. He even developed it in his first project Netkar namie.

Kunos has the talent to eliminate the competition, but seems to be determined to live on the DLCs until it stops being profitable because of the lack of buyers.

People play iRacing simply by having the best online system, racing with your same level at any time. It has been seen that RSR is working very well and sure that Kunos could do something even better, without subscription and with cheaper content, if we add the rain and even surface of land would have no rival. Surely these new features need a lot of time to build, but I do not think it needs more time than the one that has been dedicated and is still dedicated to improving AI.

I don't want to complain, but I would have expected some really hot additional Street Cars (ok the Mac Laren 570s is a good start), but Audi? There is no car more joyless on the track than Audi (and I own one myself!), this even includes Cup Cars. Where are cars like the BMW M2 or M140i, THAT would be fun, RWD and tail-happy! Or the Mustang GT350? Or some Mercedes AMG's? Or if it has to be a FWD-based car, a Renault Megane RS... (and yes, actual Audi-Models with AWD including Sx's, RSx' are all "FWD like" regarding the behaviour).

I don't want to complain, but I would have expected some really hot additional Street Cars (ok the Mac Laren 570s is a good start)
But it´s called "Ready to Race"-DLC;)
Some FWD-cars with more performance than the Abarth were missing here in AC, so no complains about the car-choice. I like this p2p-system (i know it´s not in the VLN-car), because it´s adding more dynamic to cup-car-races and everybody have the same opportunity using it unlike DRS. IMO would be a good idea adding it to F1-racing today instead of KERS.

I hope the Maserati GT1 can compete with the Porsche GT1, because that´s one of my favorite AC-cars. The McLaren F1 GTR doesn´t come even close to the Porsche according to the RSR times. Getting some sort of optional BoP between cars with nearby performance would be my other big wish for AC:inlove:, but i don´t want to open the next gate of hell:p

Wow an Audi Vln, the Ring to race it on, 24hour day night cycles and rain.
Wait.....well at least 50% there, and a 50% that will never be.

Spending too much time on what's not been asked for is only going run dry at some point.

They are playing right into the hands of their competition.

They are playing right into the hands of their competition.
That´s what i´m guessing while reading the stuff we are getting as #soon-alternatives. Rain and nightraces needing at least one year of development so that´s out of reach, but SRS is just working brilliant and completely integrated in AC so far. It´s even better than iRacing from the features and AC has IMO the far better netcode. It just needs basically copy & paste plus renting more servers to get it to run for all. But if you don´t want it, just ignore the menu-tab, don´t subscribe and drive on the public servers as before, so freedom for all:thumbsup:. Charging some annual fee after it get´s established wouldn´t heart either i guess;).

From the future-strategy i see so far it was likely a wise choice to sell Kunos:whistling:

Last edited:
Sold...where and when, they haven't sold? The have expanded in to a Console based expert company, but they have not sold
Yes, and Santa is bringing the gifts:D.
Kunos Simulazioni has announced that the studio will be acquired by Digital Bros, for 4.3 Million Euros (approximately $4.58 million). Digital Bros is also the parent company of 505 Games, who developed the console versions of Assetto Corsa. The agreement will see Digital Bros featuring a 100% ownership stake of the Italian company.
source: http://simracingpaddock.com/assetto-corsa/kunos-simulazioni-sold-digital-bros/

I fail to understand how Stefano has left out of his plans the rain that was so well achieved in netkar, with its accumulation of water in the holes and the great feeling of aquaplaning. He even developed it in his first project Netkar namie.

Because creating rain that functions as well as people want it to (visually, wet spots on track, drying lines, proper wet tires, AI behavior, among many other aspects) takes an immense amount of work that no one will end up using. As has been stated every single time rain has been mentioned, Kunos has data on how many people actually used rain in NKP, and it was a paltry figure.

Back on topic...

If you are into FWD, and I know that many are, then I'm sure it will be an amazing car. I don't like FWD, and I spent too much money on a nice H-pattern shifter and 3 pedal set to spend too much of my time driving paddle shift cars.

To be fair, this might be the least FWD feeling car that could release. It's got a massive wing strapped on the back, and way more downforce than it knows what to do with. Judging by the feel of the car in R3E, it's very planted.

Of course, whether someone likes FWD or not, it's tough to deny that cars that promote close racing are an utter blast. Especially cars that arent lightning fast, and are actually easily controlled.

The TT Cup Car is likely going to be quite fun as well just for the close racing it will promote.

Oh for gods sake, that old cheshnut...Stef already said, many moons ago, it wasn't sold, it was like buying shares, like my company did. We released 30 Million POUNDS of shares in December, to people that was interested, to raise funds to progress further, we did not sell the name, brand of anything else.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back