Introducing the Audi TT RS (VLN) for Assetto Corsa

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Assetto Corsa - Audi TT RS (VLN) 2.jpg

The Audi TT RS VLN will be one of the ten cars coming to Assetto Corsa next week as part of the recently announced 'Ready to Race' DLC pack for the game.

With a mix of some of the most impressive race machines spanning over a number of different generations, from right the way back to the 1990's with the Toyota Celica ST185 Turbo up to modern day times in the form of the impressive 2016 TT RS VLN, the 'Ready to Race' DLC package has been designed to include some of the most requested content for Assetto Corsa by the sim racing community.

Hot on the heals of the recent Audi R8 LMS reveal yesterday, Kunos have been at it again with some new images from the 2016 specification Audi TT RS VLN edition, making it's way to the simulation for the first time and adding yet another performance closed top GT car to the game. Famous in real life for its exploits on the legendary Nürburgring Nordschleife, the TT RS VLN is a potent weapon indeed.

According to Kunos, the "Audi TT RS (VLN) has been developed in response to the high demand from customers wishing to use the TT and other vehicles of the brand in motorsport.

The Audi TT RS (VLN) is based on a five-cylinder TFSI engine and features racing-specific new developments in the body, suspension and aerodynamics areas of the car"

The 'Ready to Race' DLC pack for Assetto Corsa will be available on Thursday 18th May for PC players of the title, with a console release expected "to follow shortly after".

Assetto Corsa is a racing simulation built for PC, Xbox One and PlayStation 4. The 'Ready to Race' DLC will release for PC on Thursday May 18th, with console versions to follow "in the near future".

Assetto Corsa - Audi TT RS (VLN) 4.jpg
Assetto Corsa - Audi TT RS (VLN).jpg
Assetto Corsa - Audi TT RS (VLN) 3.jpg

The Assetto Corsa sub forum here at RaceDepartment is the place to go for Assetto Corsa news and community discussion. We have a whole bunch of mods to download, a specific area for modders to discuss their WIP projects and of course our epic Racing Club and League events. Head over and join in today.

Looking forward to trying the TT RS VLN? Which of the 'Ready to Race' DLC cars most excite you? What do you think would be a reasonable price for the DLC? Let us know in the comments section below!

Yes, and Santa is bringing the gifts:D.
Kunos Simulazioni has announced that the studio will be acquired by Digital Bros, for 4.3 Million Euros (approximately $4.58 million). Digital Bros is also the parent company of 505 Games, who developed the console versions of Assetto Corsa. The agreement will see Digital Bros featuring a 100% ownership stake of the Italian company.
source: http://simracingpaddock.com/assetto-corsa/kunos-simulazioni-sold-digital-bros/
Official statement on their website too dated March 13th stating it was approved by the shareholders

http://www.digitalbros.com/wp-conte...sitionofKunosSimulazioniSrl_DEF_encrypted.pdf

Probably why Stefano will have his hands tied as to what he can and cannot do without senior sign-off. Seems a cheap price to have paid mind!!

Official statement on their website too dated March 13th stating it was approved by the shareholders

http://www.digitalbros.com/wp-conte...sitionofKunosSimulazioniSrl_DEF_encrypted.pdf

KEY WORD!!!!! Shareholders...shares are not the brand, shares are shares

I own shares in my company, doesn't mean I own it :rolleyes:

Where does is say Digitial Bros owns the rights...it doesn't...it's shares, its an "investment" which means if you invest you are giving capital upfront, and now have a reg interest in the future, and you have a shed load back, ie. you but 2,000 shares a 50p and then 1 year later they are worth £1.50

Sorry for another edit, but no, this is not how it works, Stef had his head firmly screwed on when he and the team did this, it's basic and very good business sense. If you are looking for capital funding there is no better way to have shareholders who in turn are investors, who put the money upfront, for you to capitalise on your expectations, but don't have the funds to do this.

All shareholders want to know, is what return they get, and if the progress is worth it, it would be down to Stef to put his BC across to prove that the investment is worth it in the long run or are they ploughing money in to a bottomless pit. The brand was NEVER SOLD...simples

Last edited:
Reactions: CC
I don't want to complain, but I would have expected some really hot additional Street Cars (ok the Mac Laren 570s is a good start), but Audi? There is no car more joyless on the track than Audi (and I own one myself!), this even includes Cup Cars. Where are cars like the BMW M2 or M140i, THAT would be fun, RWD and tail-happy! Or the Mustang GT350? Or some Mercedes AMG's? Or if it has to be a FWD-based car, a Renault Megane RS... (and yes, actual Audi-Models with AWD including Sx's, RSx' are all "FWD like" regarding the behaviour).
Yeah but chances are you havent driven these Audis. its always hard to try and determine whats fun and what isnt because we all have different opinions, as it stands now we dont have a lot of fwd racecars, this fills that gap, it also adds to the ever growing weird golden zone between 300-400bhp. The aim of the game here is variation and never be so quick to dismiss something as you might enjoy it more then you think

I am not twadling on about anything, obv Italy operates diff to UK as in shareholders and who owns what, I am purley stating from a UK perspective and how the UK stock market and shareholders work. If Italy is diff, then I cannot comment on that, but what I was saying is, the investor would not make the decisions, they would make the choice whether to release / spend the money, but they will not make the day to day decisions, that would not be in their business interest

I am not twadling on about anything, obv Italy operates diff to UK as in shareholders and who owns what, I am purley stating from a UK perspective and how the UK stock market and shareholders work. If Italy is diff, then I cannot comment on that, but what I was saying is, the investor would not make the decisions, they would make the choice whether to release / spend the money, but they will not make the day to day decisions, that would not be in their business interest
I do not understand what you mean, any controlling interest will be made by the holding company on behalf of the shareholders. Shareholders who appoint the board of directors to make decisions on their behalf in the interest of a rise in their stock holding or higher dividend.

• Deleted member 239150

Once again today I find that I have to return to Ask you all to stay on topic

Introducing the Audi TT RS (VLN) for Assetto Corsa

Do not push your luck, We have already sent somebody to Simberia today for not obeying what I asked.
take it to pm or make a new thread but do not derail this one again..

I don't want to complain, but I would have expected some really hot additional Street Cars (ok the Mac Laren 570s is a good start), but Audi? There is no car more joyless on the track than Audi (and I own one myself!), this even includes Cup Cars.

That's quite a grand sweeping generalization about Audis. Which Audi do you have?

Come with me to a track day at Circuit of the Americas in my 420hp Audi TT RS and I'll show you how "joyless" an Audi can be as we blow past Porsche 911's through the 3-4-5 corner sequence (corner speed on this car is incredible). It must be interesting for those dentists and lawyers to see a $58,000 hyper-Golf blasting past their $92,000 baby.

With that 5 cyl turbo warbling as we rocket out of the corners, you'll think you're in a Walter Röhrl YouTube video :)

The TT RS is the best track day car I've ever had (previous cars being a stripped-out 385hp time-attack supercharged Honda S2000 and a comparatively luxo-barge 507hp V10 BMW M6).

I never was driving an Audi in RL, but this R8 V10 in AC is just a horrible piece of crap compare to all other "Supercars" in AC and below that:mad:. And the only reason is the break balance. Feels like 90/10 and turning off ABS is like making the breaks completely useless. If this is anyway accurate, than let´s rename understeer to audisteer:laugh:

Wow an Audi Vln, the Ring to race it on, 24hour day night cycles and rain.
If you want to be accurate about it, none of the VLN Langstreckenmeisterschaft Nurburgring races this car's in happen in the dark; most of them are 4 hours, noon to 4pm, and some of them are 6 hours, noon to 6pm. So you can simulate the entire series fine as long as you stick to things that actually happen.

I never was driving an Audi in RL, but this R8 V10 in AC is just a horrible piece of crap compare to all other "Supercars" in AC and below that:mad:. And the only reason is the break balance. Feels like 90/10 and turning off ABS is like making the breaks completely useless. If this is anyway accurate, than let´s rename understeer to audisteer:laugh:
I never drive the street cars in AC. I've never enjoyed their street cars on track. The tires feel like underinflated balloons, but the race tires feel about right.

Try the R8 LMS Ultra. That's a really sweet car.

Maybe you don't know this, since you have said you spend most of your time in R3E, but in AC you can adjust the air pressure in the tires. (and doing so majorly affects the handling and 'feel' of the tires)
Yes, I understand that you can adjust tire pressures in AC. They still don't feel like real tires to me (in the case of street tires - the race tires are OK). The sidewall stiffness is too low IMHO. I've certainly tried adjusting them to see if I could get rid of the feeling like the sidewalls are from a late-70's American sedan tire. Oddly, it doesn't afflict every street car.

Background: While I'm not about to dox myself in a random forum over this, I do track days monthly at COTA and raced in SCCA regionals in the late 80's. Also had a test with Roush back in the day. I've spent most of my time driving a real car at a real track. With real tires. For 30 years.

So, tire pressure is something I know a little about, outside of my experience playing video games. I only really got into sim racing about 2-3 years ago, after I got married and couldn't spend every spare weekend at the track.

I also have substantially more hours in AC than R3E, simply because I mainly enjoy driving the one type of car I never came close to getting my hands on IRL: F1.

Last edited:
I do not understand what you mean, any controlling interest will be made by the holding company on behalf of the shareholders. Shareholders who appoint the board of directors to make decisions on their behalf in the interest of a rise in their stock holding or higher dividend.
@AC Racing Club just one final comment, please.

@thepharcyde Digi Bros might have purchased KS, but this was purely an investment. What they stated was, yes we brought and own Kunos Sim, but you guys know what your doing, feel free to carry on, and we pay your wages / invest in what ever is required, to a limit.

This is not a start up company, so the board is not required to be voted in, the Board is already present, Stef and Co. The shareholders (Digi Bros) the backing group, the wonger behind it all, take a risk and invest, but don't call the shots, unless it really goes pear shaped, then they step is and start asking questions.

Example, the company I work for, started out in 1999 when rules changed in the UK. 3 x people put up 50K each, and one, said, I would wonder if I ever got my money back (risk, the investor) now, the company is worth over 200 million pound and growing 25% year on year. Now we have these "invisible investors" like Digi Bros, but ask ok, here is 30mill, where is it going, what is my return, we reply, well it goes here, and your return is xxx per year, with growth, year on year, and they say, ok, carry on LOL

So as I see it (and I might be totally wrong here) but, Digi Bros, have given KS capital (by purchase and investment) although not changing the name and letting them do, what they know instead of telling them what do to.

Hope that makes sense

Shaun

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 344 15.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 234 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 231 10.5%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 175 7.9%