1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Featured Introducing the Audi R8 LMS 2016 for Assetto Corsa

Discussion in 'Assetto Corsa' started by Paul Jeffrey, May 13, 2017.

1. Paul Jeffrey

Paul Jeffrey
    RaceDepartment News Editor Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +10,541
    Assetto Corsa - Audi R8 LMS 2016 2.jpg
    Check out these preview images from the Audi R8 LMS 2016 due to release as part of the 'Ready to Race' DLC coming to Assetto Corsa next Thursday.

When the surprise reveal of the 'Ready to Race' DLC dropped earlier this week, many of the ten strong pack of cars announced as forming part of the line up gained plenty of interest from a sim racing community looking forward to taking the virtual machines out on the track in anger come release day on May 18th.

As part of the build up process, Kunos have revealed further images and a nice little write up for one of the most exciting of the new inclusions, the Audi R8 LMS GT3 from 2016. Joining many of it's class counterparts in the popular GT3 portion of the title, the R8 LMS should prove itself to be a very popular addition to the sim.

So whilst we all await the release in just five days time, let's take a moment to check out these awesome looking pictures of the car revealed by Kunos earlier today...

Said Kunos of the R8 LMS reveal post on Facebook:

"The new Audi R8 LMS features advanced race car technology and follows in the footsteps of its successful predecessor. Audi fans were already able to marvel at the new GT3 sports car from Neckarsulm in full action in 2015. For instance, in the 24-hour race at the Nurburgring, where the Audi Sport Team WRT celebrated overall victory with the new R8 LMS. Also at the 12-hour race at Sepang, where the Aud...i R8 LMS went onto take a one-two-three win.

The 2016 season also began successfully: An overall victory in the Dubai 24 Hours and a class win in the classic Daytona 24 Hours".

Assetto Corsa is a racing simulation built for PC, Xbox One and PlayStation 4. The 'Ready to Race' DLC will release for PC on Thursday May 18th, with console versions to follow "in the near future".

Assetto Corsa - Audi R8 LMS 2016 3.jpg Assetto Corsa - Audi R8 LMS 2016 4.jpg Assetto Corsa - Audi R8 LMS 2016 5.jpg

The Assetto Corsa sub forum here at RaceDepartment is the place to go for Assetto Corsa news and community discussion. We have a whole bunch of mods to download, a specific area for modders to discuss their WIP projects and of course our epic Racing Club and League events. Head over and join in today.

Looking forward to trying the R8 LMS? Which of the 'Ready to Race' DLC cars most excite you? What do you think would be a reasonable price for the DLC? Let us know in the comments section below!

Last edited: May 13, 2017
    • Love Love x 11
    • Like Like x 3
    • Sad Sad x 1
  2. bob76

bob76

Ratings:
    +81
    cool car but we need tracks to much cars to little official tracks

• Agree Agree x 13
  3. After_Midnight

After_Midnight

Ratings:
    +285
    ....just ****ing awesome :thumbsup:

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Wow Wow x 1
  4. adam256

adam256

Ratings:
    +0
    We need more track like Hungaroring , Brno etc.
    For the DLC the best price I think is 8 or 10 Euro .

• Agree Agree x 7
  5. Tobiman

Tobiman
    Premium

Ratings:
    +154
    I wonder if this will be faster than the old car because that thing is already the fastest GT3 in the game, of course, in the right hands.

6. SLS-Ralle

SLS-Ralle

Ratings:
    +0
    Very good news, thank you.

7. Peugeot905

Peugeot905
    Premium

Ratings:
    +8
    Excellent addition I wonder how this will compare with the AUG R8 LMS that is very good mod. Would love for the Callaway corvette GT3 R to make it's way into Assetto corsa.

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. Jozsusz

Jozsusz
    Premium

Ratings:
    +18
    Hungaroring? :D
    The most boring track of the world.

• Angry Angry x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. Tobiman

Tobiman
    Premium

Ratings:
    +154
    Brno is already available in the form of an excellent mod. Hungaoring as well, iirc.

10. Shaun Clarke

Shaun Clarke
    Premium

Ratings:
    +1,263
    Another, super / over powered car...great, excellent NOT

@Paul Jeffrey why are you reporting on one car that really is nice, but the Audi TT Cup car will be awesome.....I hope LOL

• Like Like x 1
  11. ShredatorFIN

ShredatorFIN

Ratings:
    +97
    Because additional screens were released of 1 car at this point, not many cars. Rest + videos will be dropping towards Thursday.

• Wow Wow x 1
  12. Bliv AK

Bliv AK
    Bliv AK Premium

Ratings:
    +26
    Looking forward to the McLaren P1 GTR. The road car had very limited adjustments. See what this offers, perhaps the ability to go faster at corners.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Tim Meuris

Tim Meuris

Ratings:
    +151
    Couldn't care less for this one

14. Albert McSaltens

Albert McSaltens

Ratings:
    +446
    I prefer to have more Laser scanned tracks,

-Jerez de la frontera
    -Brno
    -Road america
    -Bathurst
    -Motorland
    - Road atlanta

just to name a few

• Agree Agree x 13
    • Like Like x 1
  15. Terra21

Terra21
    Premium

Ratings:
    +489
    imo the M6 GT3 should have taken priority over this..but still happy for any new content from kunos

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. Markus1605

Markus1605
    Premium

Ratings:
    +79
    The old Audi R8 LMS is the fastes GT3 car???????
    LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!:roflmao::roflmao::confused::p:D
    With the right opponents you will see only taillights.Even with two right hands!:roflmao::D

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Haha Haha x 1
  17. Tobiman

Tobiman
    Premium

Ratings:
    +154
    I've seen people perform magic with the R8 GT3. You might be right that other GT3s are faster but in my experience, it slightly edges out the 650s GT3 for overall pace.

• Angry Angry x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. BhZ

BhZ
    Premium

Ratings:
    +206
    Nope it doesn't.

• Agree Agree x 4
  19. delpinsky

delpinsky

Ratings:
    +48
    Yeah, I agree with you that more laserscanned tracks would be great!
    OK, there are some very detailed modded tracks out there, but obviosuly a laserscanned version adds something more detailed.

The best option would be scanning tracks used by the GT Series, the missing ones in Europe, in case scanning tracks in Asia or America is difficult for them. Misano for example, long time ago Casillo himself told it was really expensive to acquire, as license.

20. Punknoodle

Punknoodle
    Premium

Ratings:
    +19
    I'm actually most looking forward to the Celica GT-Four. Can't wait to put it up against my one :D
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 6
    • Love Love x 1