If you were married.......

And had children and you knew you were stuck with one vehicle for the next ten to fifteen years, what would be your choice?

Just a hypothetical question but please be serious.

And remember! Just One vehicle:)

2011-Toyota-Sienna.jpg

Yup believe it, a Toyota Sienna!. Just like the one pictured.

I like Erik's and William's choices a lot but the size would be impractical for me. And i'd probably have to sell one of my kids to feed the other and to pay for the fuel lol!

And sadly we don't have M5 wagons in North America.

I think ~100hp is perfectly enough for a bigger size road car. Those cars are capable of quickly reaching 110km/h, which is the highest speed limit you can find here unless you go on the highways where 130 is allowed.
More power just makes the car harder to drive at low speeds and eat more fuel.

But I'm driving on the motorway almost constantly. (like 120km per day on the motorway).. @ about 140kmh (no I'm not an angel, but hey, this speed is on the speedo, so in reality it's a bit lower (maybe 130). I'd like to have some power. And when in germany, like the A31 motorway, 170-200kmh is about the average speed..

If you were married.........
And had children and you knew you were stuck with one vehicle for the next ten to fifteen years, what would be your choice?
Seriously?
A motorcycle, just about ANY motorcycle......
Cheep to run, so I've got more pocket money for myself due to the missus now being the finance minister & Tax Department all rolled into one....:cool:
Quicker though stagnate traffic while suffering the daily grind into work thanks to being able to split lanes & a heart lifting joy carving through corners to bring a smile to my face when not stuck in traffic....:D
With a half reasonable motorcycle I could blow off most cars from stop lights & with a twist of the wrist not worry about tail-gaters....:p
But most importantly, not having to worry about the kids making a mess in the back, the wife 'borrowing' it when it's most needed &, if one of them DOES manage to get on behind, the helmet & wind noise dull's out the incessant nagging for going too quick! ;)
Transport for the family?
Isn't that what the wifes waggon is for?:rolleyes:

Seriously?
A motorcycle, just about ANY motorcycle......
Cheep to run, so I've got more pocket money for myself due to the missus now being the finance minister & Tax Department all rolled into one....:cool:
Quicker though stagnate traffic while suffering the daily grind into work thanks to being able to split lanes & a heart lifting joy carving through corners to bring a smile to my face when not stuck in traffic....:D
With a half reasonable motorcycle I could blow off most cars from stop lights & with a twist of the wrist not worry about tail-gaters....:p
But most importantly, not having to worry about the kids making a mess in the back, the wife 'borrowing' it when it's most needed &, if one of them DOES manage to get on behind, the helmet & wind noise dull's out the incessant nagging for going too quick! ;)
Transport for the family?
Isn't that what the wifes waggon is for?:rolleyes:

Why can't people just simply stick to the topic?

.....you knew you were stuck with one vehicle......
My apologies but I thought I had stuck to the topic, motorcycles are vehicle too aren't they?
I was trying to make a bit of a joke as to why I choose to ride rather than drive & believe me, if I could be driving again, then I most certainly would be.....
And IF I was to trust myself & drive again & needed to carry a family about, then it'd be a Holden HZ ('79 model)Stationwagon but, I have to drive nearly 30tonnes of plant equipment when Im at work & I prefer when Im not to be out on a bike....any bike....

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back