If you were married.......

I like Dacia as a city car (current car is a Dacia Logan) :)

2009-dacia-logan-station-wagon.jpg

Easy, sorry kids but daddy got to choose whatever car he wanted, it´s not my fault you have to sit next to the engine with cooling suits on ;)

espace-f1-2.jpg

800+ bhp
300km/h
0-100km/h 2.8 seconds
300-80km/h 80 meters
0-270-0km/h - 600m
0-200km/h - 6.3 seconds!!

No but seriously, what else then a BMW F10 M5?

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

4-doors
sub 8 minute time on the green hell
560bhp
Enough torque to spin the world the other way..
well over 300km/h.

Did i mention it´s a 4-door saloon? :)

Easy, sorry kids but daddy got to choose whatever car he wanted, it´s not my fault you have to sit next to the engine with cooling suits on ;)

espace-f1-2.jpg

800+ bhp
300km/h
0-100km/h 2.8 seconds
300-80km/h 80 meters
0-270-0km/h - 600m
0-200km/h - 6.3 seconds!!

No but seriously, what else then a BMW F10 M5?

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

4-doors
sub 8 minute time on the green hell
560bhp
Enough torque to spin the world the other way..
well over 300km/h.

Did i mention it´s a 4-door saloon? :)

Yep, I would go for something like the M5 or if Audi came out with a new RS4 Avant. These are cars that say "yes I'm a Dad, but I haven't given up!"

But the CTS-V, like nearly all American cars have a cheap interior made of cheap hard plastics whichseem to be manufactured by Fisher Price.. Also the BMW has a better MPG I suppose and it would lose its value less quickly than an American car..

Someone that gets it :)
Same with the Boss 302, all Ford followers were super happy because it matched the BMW M3 and then called it an M3 killer ;)
There´s more to an M3 then just the performance.

This might sound strange to most but for me, i care about the pressure sensitivity on buttons for the radio for example.
It just has to feel right everywhere on the car for me.

Go on with your superficial needs of a mountain lion's skin interior, I don't care if there's some plastic here and there, that's not important ;)

Are you saying you wouldn't get a Caterham because it's all stripped out ? And don't come and say "It's not the same, it isn't a luxury car !", like I care if it's a luxury car or not, I would buy one because you can't put kids in a Corvette.

omg.. are you seriously comparing a proper sports car with two other cars that aims for the same type of people?

The thing is Cadillac set it sights on BMW M. They have the performance bit down but that´s the easy part mate.

I would not buy a ZR1, C6R or Ford GT for the same reason. Interior is crap and built like crap.
There´s a reason why a ZR1 or C6R costs way less then the european or japanese counterparts.
Same with the CTS-V, where do you think they saved in the money? Yup....

Everyone have different standards of what a high performance sedan should have.

If i want a proper sports car, an M5 or CTS-V is not what i would buy. If i want the best all-rounder in the world then M5 it is. Or possibly M3 or M4.

Go on with your superficial needs of a mountain lion's skin interior, I don't care if there's some plastic here and there, that's not important ;)

Are you saying you wouldn't get a Caterham because it's all stripped out ? And don't come and say "It's not the same, it isn't a luxury car !", like I care if it's a luxury car or not, I would buy one because you can't put kids in a Corvette.
I'm talking about interior quality. Quality which is mostly reasonable in British cars, with nice materials like wood, carbon or iron. And if that's too expensive, they'll put some nice plastic in there.

BMW also uses plastic, but no cheap Fisher Price plastic which you can find in any American car incl Corvette, CTS-V etc.
BMW uses soft plastic with a nice feel and rigidity. Hard plastic scratches, doesn't feel nice, looks cheap etc.

So, bot sue plastics, but the quality of those plastics is pretty much different.

Another thing why American cars can be built cheap is their pretty much ancient technology of engines. This is why American cars aren't that cheap over here. Car's road tax is done on emissions. So a cleaner car is cheaper.

Cadillac is a counterpar of BMW, Audi or Mercedes. And in terms of interior quality Cadillac is the worst by far. Same goes with other American brands.

The only European brands supplying American interior quality are Dacia and Lancia, since Lancia sells the Chrysler 300C as a Lancia Thema, and the Chrysler Voyager as a Lancia Voyager..

Lancia is not successful! Because.... Ba-dam tshhhh, back in the past Lancia had awesome looking alcantara interiors. And now they have plastic interiors. The Lancia fans don't appreciate that.

Like I said, we're talking about family car, or grocery getter... I'd buy a Corvette, or a 3-rotor Miata, a Caterham... But since we're talking about a "family" car, I can't take those...

That's why I'd get a CTS-V, a lot before a M5 actually... I couldn't care less about having an inferior interior, that's not what is important to me, what's important is what will make you sh*t your pants in delight, i.e. Engine/Sound, Handling and a H-Pattern shifter. (Screw 'em paddles !)

And plus, you Europeans (in general it seems) are so freakin' demanding interior wise, always complaining about "lack of quality" ! Have you ever sat in a CTS, even a Corvette ? C'mon...

Johan: "Ancient" engine techs, maybe, but man it works ! ;)

Not in a CTS, But I have been in an STS. Also pictures give away enough about the interior.
I've been in a C6 a while ago, it looks impressive at first, but if you look closer it's plastic galore.

As for both brands currently there's no dealership close to me anymore...

I've also been in an Opel GT, in fact a Saturn Sky. It as clearly visible the interior was of lower quality. Exterior was pretty nice tho.

Like I said, we're talking about family car, or grocery getter... I'd buy a Corvette, or a 3-rotor Miata, a Caterham... But since we're talking about a "family" car, I can't take those...

That's why I'd get a CTS-V, a lot before a M5 actually... I couldn't care less about having an inferior interior, that's not what is important to me, what's important is what will make you sh*t your pants in delight, i.e. Engine/Sound, Handling and a H-Pattern shifter. (Screw 'em paddles !)

And plus, you Europeans (in general it seems) are so freakin' demanding interior wise, always complaining about "lack of quality" ! Have you ever sat in a CTS, even a Corvette ? C'mon...

Johan: "Ancient" engine techs, maybe, but man it works ! ;)

M5 is possible to get with a manual, guess where? US of A :)
It´s funny because it seems America is a step behind in a way.

A few years back it was all about automatic gearboxes in USA, the europeans ran manual.
Now when europe has moved on to newer technology, USA now wants manuals.
When we will move forward once again i can guarantee you the americans will scream for the double clutch transmission :)

It´s not just the interior. It´s everything. The M5 and M3 are different beasts compared to the 5-series and 3-series.
The M3 for example only shares 20% with the 3-series.

This is something that is unique to BMW M. AMG and RS and Cadillac takes a series model and then re-inforce it and up the performance. This is very cost -effective but it should in no way be compared to the "proper" way BMW M does it.

Demanding interior-wise? No no no, not just that but every single detail of the car mate :)

That´s also a reason why Americans sell cars in America, Germans sell cars all over the world, Japanese sell cars all over the world.

There was a time when american car makers had a touch for beauty and a true passion.
But that was 50-60 years ago with the Mustang, or Chevrolet Bel-Air etc. Those were pure sex even though they handled like a tank.

You're just a princess, honestly... American performance cars in general are more raw, less sophisticated, that I agree, but it doesn't make them crap, you just want too much luxury. Yeah, I see you like the M5 a lot, fair enough, I'm not bashing that car as it is great, not doubt about that ! But why do you have such an awesome M5 today compared to before ? The CTS-V pushed BMW to develop a saloon when it crushed the Nordschleife with it's simplicity, so they made a car around that track, tuned for that track only to beat the CTS-V, and they barely did in fact.

The 458 ? It was an answer to the ZR1, and it failed miserably as it gets beaten still by the Z06 (with the Z07 package of course)

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back