IER Car Pack #1 - USCC Mod

Cars IER Car Pack #1 - USCC Mod 1.22

Login or Register an account to download this content
Did you follow the installation instructions as written in the main post and the included readme? The dash cam is in the correct spot on my side; perhaps you were using the old version of the car by accident (and hadn't uninstalled it before updating)?
It is only the High Downforce versions of both the Coyote and Dallara vettes. The standard downforce versions are fine. Oreca is fine too.

Right...you're supposed to delete the HDF versions as they're irrelevant now (the update is all-encompassing) :)
Ugh so sorry. I just saw the 3 folders in the zip and deleted those 3. Didn't realize there were two extra folders. I actually just thought of that when running the vette on VIR.

• Deleted member 6919

The Chevy's cockpit views are over exposed, the the track is being made very bright, the other driving views are fine.

Totally awesome update thanks Papa. these have always been one of the best car mods for AC the quality is right up there with the mazda 26b from patrick and now its even better. And are a total blast around the watkins long layout

Please take note of the Known Issues section before posting.
sure... the mirrors thing i could have found there, but everything else i said was valid.
regarding the lights, there are other mods out there with no LODs which don't suffer from this issue (e.g. caterham academy) so i assume it can be fixed. if you are racing in bad conditions where the ai has the lights on, it can look like they are braking on the straight as their tail lights go on/off with LOD switching, and obviously brake lights not coming on until you are within the LOD distance isnt ideal.

@Stereo of course that is true, but the kunos c7r uses ONBOARD_EXPOSURE value of 15 where you are using 23, in cars with much lower visibility of the track/sky, hence a value lower than 15 is needed. using pgdn will mean that the autoexposure is degraded for all other cars. around 10 for coyote and 8 for the dallara gives similar final exposure to the c7r.

sure... the mirrors thing i could have found there, but everything else i said was valid.
regarding the lights, there are other mods out there with no LODs which don't suffer from this issue (e.g. caterham academy) so i assume it can be fixed. if you are racing in bad conditions where the ai has the lights on, it can look like they are braking on the straight as their tail lights go on/off with LOD switching, and obviously brake lights not coming on until you are within the LOD distance isnt ideal.

@Stereo of course that is true, but the kunos c7r uses ONBOARD_EXPOSURE value of 15 where you are using 23, in cars with much lower visibility of the track/sky, hence a value lower than 15 is needed. using pgdn will mean that the autoexposure is degraded for all other cars. around 10 for coyote and 8 for the dallara gives similar final exposure to the c7r.
I wasn't invalidating everything you said by asking you to go over the known issues before reposting them....The low LOD on the Dallara isn't showing correctly, yes.

"of course that is true, but the kunos c7r uses ONBOARD_EXPOSURE value of 15 where you are using 23, in cars with much lower visibility of the track/sky, hence a value lower than 15 is needed. using pgdn will mean that the autoexposure is degraded for all other cars. around 10 for coyote and 8 for the dallara gives similar final exposure to the c7r."
This has been discussed ad nauseam....These two pictures are using the same exposure value but have different FOVs.
20160910084703_1.jpg
20160910084732_1.jpg

It's not possible with this car to set a value that works for all settings.

Also, kindly refrain from decrypting and opening our physics files. They're encrypted for a reason.

i didnt decrypt them, the value is visible in the HDR settings app.

i am aware that fov massively affects autoexposure, but I cant see a single scenario where the values used make sense:

test at 30FOV ~55 FOV ~80FOV
http://imgur.com/a/7tgtq

TLDR: at low FOV, your values still expose higher than kunos but not too bad, at mid and high FOV, your values cause the exposure target to be so high that the exposure hits the MAX value in the filter (and wants to go way higher if you check by disabling the limits)

all with pgup/pgdn set to 100%, default filter etc

Not really my cup of tea, but the obvious quality and of course talent/passion involved in this project meant I had to try it. After spending some time in the Oreca, I'm incredibly impessed with the way it drives and of course the quality of the modelling.

I thought the implementation of aero was quite interesting, with lower wing levels reducing DF/drag as opposed to wing levels adding DF/drag. Never seen it done like this, and I was a bit confused but I suppose it makes no difference in the end.

Not really my cup of tea, but the obvious quality and of course talent/passion involved in this project meant I had to try it. After spending some time in the Oreca, I'm incredibly impessed with the way it drives and of course the quality of the modelling.

I thought the implementation of aero was quite interesting, with lower wing levels reducing DF/drag as opposed to wing levels adding DF/drag. Never seen it done like this, and I was a bit confused but I suppose it makes no difference in the end.
Is this in regard to the Corvettes? They're just set up in max DF form. The default setup could have been anything (e.g. 9 clicks of rear wing with lower rear ride height), but it's just set up to work universally. The "clicks" correspond to positions on the wing in real life, with 12 being the highest DF position. The rules dictate the minimum wing angle, which is reflected on the AC car.

tusc-daytona-january-test-2014-90-spirit-of-daytona-corvette-dp-chevrolet-rear-wing-detail.jpg

Is this in regard to the Corvettes? They're just set up in max DF form. The default setup could have been anything (e.g. 9 clicks of rear wing with lower rear ride height), but it's just set up to work universally. The "clicks" correspond to positions on the wing in real life, with 12 being the highest DF position. The rules dictate the minimum wing angle, which is reflected on the AC car.

Nah, It was the Oreca. What I meant was looking at the Aero App, I noticed the Rear Wing giving negative Drag/DF. I then realised when you have max wing, it gives 0 drag/DF, meaning the Rear Wing (and some other wings I think) take away drag/DF instead of adding like they do for all Kunos cars.

Like I said, it just seemed strange to me but overall its the same end result.

Nah, It was the Oreca. What I meant was looking at the Aero App, I noticed the Rear Wing giving negative Drag/DF. I then realised when you have max wing, it gives 0 drag/DF, meaning the Rear Wing (and some other wings I think) take away drag/DF instead of adding like they do for all Kunos cars.

Like I said, it just seemed strange to me but overall its the same end result.
Ah yeah. It's easier to match RL data by doing AC's "wings" as DF on each axle at a reference setup (e.g. 8/9 clicks rear wing). So from there, instead of just producing less Drag/DF, the -actual- wings subtract DF from the total. As you said, it produces the same results, but it just makes it a lot easier to work with when matching data.

Hi,

Is the ffb supposed to that low outta the box? Especially the Oreca?
Good quality, I like the vettes the most. Had a few races on VIR in the Oreca, damn that is though running around at 1:44!

Grats with the mod ;)

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 62 29.4%
  • More leagues

Votes: 41 19.4%
  • Prizes

Votes: 43 20.4%
  • Trophies

Votes: 24 11.4%
  • Forum trophies