Ideas & suggestions

By knowing that Sector 3 Studios (Simbin) is reading the RD forum, i was thinking of making a thread to collect little ideas and suggestions to improve things in R3E. This thread is not intended to be a discussion-thread, neither a wishlist.

So just post your ideas (preferred with concrete suggestions and examples). Big discussions aren't necessary. Give a rating to the posted idea, and this should be enough to tell your opinion about it.

Last edited:
Also, slightly on the topic of my above post, I've noticed that when running a race against the AI with the WTCC cars, no matter which car I choose there will always be a duplicate AI car on the grid.

To make it clearer, I just did a race in Michelisz's Honda yet there was another Michelisz Honda in the race. I know this isn't a big deal but I've not seen this with the DTM or ADAC content. With those packs when you chose a car it's 'taken' so the AI don't use it.

To be honest I'm not really sure how setups are saved now. Sometimes when I load a track an old setup is still there, sometimes it's all back to default. Sometimes I find the setup of the track I drove before. Sometimes it seems to be a mixture of things I adjusted and default settings. Especially differential settings - I have quite often seen them on values I have set sometime before, while the rest is on default.

I really don't see a scheme behind all this. Quite often I just think: WTF? :O_o:

The last set up used on the cars you have had on that track before will be saved.

Also, slightly on the topic of my above post, I've noticed that when running a race against the AI with the WTCC cars, no matter which car I choose there will always be a duplicate AI car on the grid.

To make it clearer, I just did a race in Michelisz's Honda yet there was another Michelisz Honda in the race. I know this isn't a big deal but I've not seen this with the DTM or ADAC content. With those packs when you chose a car it's 'taken' so the AI don't use it.

I have this with all content what I can think off, maybe not DTM though.

I think the problem is that you can choose up to 23 opponents in single player which results in a grid with 24 cars, but there are only 23 skins included in the WTCC 2013 pack. An easy fix would be to add the skin of Hugo Valente that strangely hasn't been done yet.

The last set up used on the cars you have had on that track before will be saved.

OK, if you say so - maybe this is the way it's meant to work, but my experience is a different one... ;)

But whatever - being able to save a setup is such a basic feature for a racesim that I really wonder why we didn't have it from the start already, respectively what is taking it so long to be implemented.

I tested with 22 opponents and the same thing happened. Seems like a bug.

I can confirm this. I tried the same some days ago already with the same result.

IMO, a "new simulator" should innovate basic features.
In reality, we are talking here about "missing basic features", primary features.

They were already there in older simulators, like GTR2, or Race07.

Better, instead of missing damage model... better, instead of missing changeable day time and weather...

It's a little bit unacceptable not to have tire pressures control, pit stops, lap by lap times information (at the end of the race), saved setups, etc

This new era of "alpha, beta, gamma" stage simulators is depressing.

IMO, a "new simulator" should innovate basic features.
In reality, we are talking here about "missing basic features", primary features.

They were already there in older simulators, like GTR2, or Race07.

Better, instead of missing damage model... better, instead of missing changeable day time and weather...

It's a little bit unacceptable not to have tire pressures control, pit stops, lap by lap times information (at the end of the race), saved setups, etc

This new era of "alpha, beta, gamma" stage simulators is depressing.

I know what you mean. With RRRE we have a special case here. As far as I know RRRE is an alpha declared as beta because Steam doesn't allow alphas.

A beta to me is known as something feature-complete but still has bugs. RRRE is not feature complete. Still it is called a beta. On the other hand this alpha has less bugs in the features, that are implemented already, than a lot of games that are sold as complete.

But in the end you get what you pay for. And the RRRE base is free, so nobody can blame S3S they sold you something you didn't know about what it is. The concept and included features become clear before you even pay one single cent. But it would at least be nice if we were told a bit more about where RRRE is heading. Paying for an alpha is an investment into the future and I'd really like to see a "plan" for this future. A list of features they are definitely going to implement - but all we get is a lot of "maybes". Since the new company has gone live it has become a LOT better, but I would really wish for some kind of a realistic and reliable roadmap.

I think a realistic an reliable roadmap is now my second suggestion after saveable setups... :D

I don't know if there is a button for it.
But it would be nice if it was possible to se the drivers names from multiplayer races on the replay hud, when scrolling through the grid of cars!

Both in terms of who to avoid in future races.
But also se the ones you had a really good race with, too be able to add them as friends.
I am too busy driving to being able to keep the names on my mind at those moments..

We really need a check box for the replays in media hub!
So that we can check and erase all, or uncheck the ones we would like to save.

It's extremely tedious to have to klick on one, erase and then confirm for every race we do..

Maybe already said...
  • [IN-GAME: MULTIPLAYER] Possibility to add favorite servers
  • [IN-GAME: SINGLE PLAYER/MULTIPLAYER]: Pit crew communications. I had a blast with an overhaul voice mod I downloaded for GTR2 in the past. It was done by a guy who nailed it just right. It was amazing!
  • [IN-GAME: REPLAYS] Free camera movement (I'm sure it's already being worked on!)
  • [PORTAL] Chat implemented on the portal, or at least something with which you can communicate with your friends... leaving messages and such?
  • [PORTAL] A better more readable page with all your tracks/car combo records (with sorting filters) and comparable with your friends timings
  • [IN-GAME: SINGLE PLAYER] Career Mode/Championships ala GTR2/Race07
  • Better UI; the cleaner the better... I like the white menu layout but not sure about the bright white there...
Need to think of other stuff... :)

They have been notified about that and are working on it.

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 36 26.1%
  • More leagues

Votes: 28 20.3%
  • Prizes

Votes: 25 18.1%
  • Trophies

Votes: 15 10.9%
  • Forum trophies

Votes: 8 5.8%