Ideas & suggestions

By knowing that Sector 3 Studios (Simbin) is reading the RD forum, i was thinking of making a thread to collect little ideas and suggestions to improve things in R3E. This thread is not intended to be a discussion-thread, neither a wishlist.

So just post your ideas (preferred with concrete suggestions and examples). Big discussions aren't necessary. Give a rating to the posted idea, and this should be enough to tell your opinion about it.

Last edited:
Also, slightly on the topic of my above post, I've noticed that when running a race against the AI with the WTCC cars, no matter which car I choose there will always be a duplicate AI car on the grid.

To make it clearer, I just did a race in Michelisz's Honda yet there was another Michelisz Honda in the race. I know this isn't a big deal but I've not seen this with the DTM or ADAC content. With those packs when you chose a car it's 'taken' so the AI don't use it.

This is fun. I just restarted a race where I fought up from 8th to 3rd and approaching the 2nd place, cause at two laps from the end they gave me, or better, to Tiago Monteiro (as I was driving his Civic), a drive thru penalty for cutting the track.
Thing is... it wasn't me!! It was THE OTHER Tiago Monteiro that was behind me!! A very nice race thrown in the cesspool!! :mad:

I think you should be more active on social medias.
Partly for us addicted to see whats going on behind the scenes, and what's coming. :)

But also for you, spreading the word.
I saw a massive increase of new likings to your facebook page the days you announced the upcoming WTCC content!
You should do this more often.

Just raced a WTCC multiplayer race at Monza and was tackled really hard in to a wall.
Didn't bother me all that much, cause at the same moment I heard my youngest calling from the toilet. :)
So I exited out to the garage, attended his needs.
When back again, I saw there was only the option to quit or wait for the results, looking at that same screen.. :(
I would like to have the option to watch the rest of the race in real time! :thumbsup:
Like an replay hud to switch between cameras and / or players.

I know this is still 'under construction', so I guess some of these things you have anyway planned for but not yet implemented:
- [MULTIPLAYER] After a race the results should contain the complete list, not only those that not yet have left the server
- [MULTIPLAYER] At anytime be able to get back to the menue to check e.g. the current timing (just did a online session but was not able to check my qualy time between qualy and race
- [MULTPLAYER] Chat (like in race07), that you also can see and manage from the menu
- [GENERAL] Somebody mentioned it to come, but somekind of Shared Memory to extract some data from the game/session
- [GENERAL] A more realistic gear box model, in cars that require a clutch in real life should require a auto clutch or manual clutch in game as well (and the auto clutch should be penaltalized with slower shifts)
- [GENERAL] From the session menu, provide timing information (e.g. laps done during the session with sector splits)

- [GENERAL] Somebody mentioned it to come, but somekind of Shared Memory to extract some data from the game/session
We need Shared Memory for API, displays or plugins (I'm thinking in Motec also).
IMHO it's more efficient to "test" (check) simulator a dedicated server system, my friends and I play one or two online games at week (actually), if we were in a league or event, we play one or two hours per day...

June 28 - 2013
- Fixed an issue where applications using "Write to Shared Memory" was not working.

18-06-2014
- Updated Shared Memory with more data.

Last edited:
There should be some time between the qualifying and race in multiplayer, so that people who joins late can have a chance to load in to the race!

I was just joining a Touring Classics race with over 2 minutes left on qualify.
Sat and waited for it to load up, but all of a sudden I was back in the lobby and the race started without me..
And this wasn't the first time, I have been kicked back out to the lobby numerous times because of this.

The ones already joined when the time runs out should at least be loaded before the race goes green!
We are not only losing races this way, but also people on the grid in the races we are able to join.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back