Ideas & suggestions

By knowing that Sector 3 Studios (Simbin) is reading the RD forum, i was thinking of making a thread to collect little ideas and suggestions to improve things in R3E. This thread is not intended to be a discussion-thread, neither a wishlist.

So just post your ideas (preferred with concrete suggestions and examples). Big discussions aren't necessary. Give a rating to the posted idea, and this should be enough to tell your opinion about it.

Last edited:
False starts - I'm not sure if this has already been addressed but make false starts possible for at least "get real" with flags/penalties enabled.
the current start limiter system needs to be removed or fixed as i have mentioned before as sometimes it bugs out and a players countdown lights become un synced and the player can be black flaged

First post on RD, so hi all.
I have a suggestion for the cockpit view.
I like to zoom in the camera position quite a bit when driving in cockpit.
(Using single screen)
Like this: AudiR8 GT3

2014-10-07-1514-0002.jpg

And when i look to the side i can't see anything because the sideview camera moved forward aswell.

2014-10-07-1514-0003.jpg

An option to change the sideview camera angle or position would be very appreciated.

I can remember that i had the same problem with race07 and was able to change camera angle by altering a code file of the game but i could find nothing about this topic for R3E.

btw love the game so far, big thx to sector3 ;)

Make loading of other players online equal to the race 07 one...when you see the message "xxx entered the game" you have to go back to the garage to load it...loading the player immediately causes me lot of lag i didn't have in race 07...and obviously improve overall performances...

False starts - I'm not sure if this has already been addressed but make false starts possible for at least "get real" with flags/penalties enabled.

Agree, this should be possible!
Now you can just stand on the starting line with first gear already in, waiting for green.. .

And also.
Please S3, give us the opportunity to use the igniter button!!
I have this cool button feature added, but the car automatically starts.. . :(

a random setting for time of day.

+1
Would make this feature so much better!

Here are some ideas in regards to all the complaints about the business model. I've already bought all the content so this isn't me whining, feeling entitled or asking for a handout, but just some ideas to address the negativity surrounding pricing, vrp, and free to play.

Personally I have always avoided "free to play" games. IMO they are usually mediocre games, games that are dying, or there's a catch like "pay to win". It seems there is a negative stigma attached to free to play, maybe I'm wrong. It took me a long time to even download and try Raceroom, I looked past it for months. I wonder if a lot of other people are doing the same?

I would drop the free to play designation, and simply call it what it is, a game with free content or demo. I know its semantics but there seems to be a lot of people complaining that it isn't really "free to play" and they expect the whole game to be free so they end up calling it a scam. It a bit depressing that a lot of the negative steam reviews are stating this.

I would also think about adding a "starter pack" in the store which provides a good amount of initial content at a discounted price. Maybe something like pick one car in every class and a few tracks. Price it around $40 to $50 so this could be considered the initial game. Hopefully then that would bring the model in line with more conventional business models (in the minds of all the haters) and maybe it could give the game population a boost. Then the rest of the content could be bought and considered as "DLC".

The VRP system is the only thing that I really question. We should be able to buy the exact amount of VRP that we need. Making us purchase more than we need leaving a balance is not cool. Can we even get a refund for the balance? It basically puts us in a position to buy more content which makes it seem shady. I like the game and I've bought all the content but I can imagine a lot of people probably won't deal with this out of principle.

Maybe I'm crazy and these are stupid ideas but I had to post this - I get heartburn every time I read a bad review or a thread complaining about these things.

Last edited:
Hey Devs, what about adding some cars to GT2 class? Its only 3, but need at least of 5. Like Aston Martin, Ferrari 458 GT2, Spyker, Viper anyway some of this would be very good choice. ;)

Having this topic here is really good idea. Keep posting guys, we will read this for sure.
We can't promise that all ideas presented here you will find in game, but if we find something really interesting we will discuss this with the team.

Cheers,
Wojtek

"- Wheel Range in Car Setup. The game now automatically detects and sets the ideal wheel range for a car based on your wheel and its settings in the driver. This can also be manually changed in car setup."

The next obvious step for Car Setup is car individual settings for stick or paddles. The default setting for each car should (or better: shall) be as the real car is equipped.

(English is not my language)

Last edited:
edit @Arthur: doesn't the game save setups for each track separately?

To be honest I'm not really sure how setups are saved now. Sometimes when I load a track an old setup is still there, sometimes it's all back to default. Sometimes I find the setup of the track I drove before. Sometimes it seems to be a mixture of things I adjusted and default settings. Especially differential settings - I have quite often seen them on values I have set sometime before, while the rest is on default.

I really don't see a scheme behind all this. Quite often I just think: WTF? :O_o:

How about the option to race using the real driver's name rather than the player's name? For instance, if I select Yvan Muller's car I can race as Yvan Muller rather rather than using my name. Obviously this would be single player racing only.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 345 15.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 236 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 235 10.6%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 175 7.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 296 13.4%