How to set up your steering wheel for Stock Car Extreme

Status
Not open for further replies.

Renato Simioni

Reiza Studios
Steering wheel alignment with in-game wheels & eliminating steering lag

To match your steering rotation with the in-game steering wheel rotation, just make sure your "GRAPHICAL STEERING WHEEL RANGE" setting in CONTROLS menu matches your controller setting - be that 180, 270, 540, 900 or whatever - this setting affects the in-game graphical steering wheel rotation only. If the controller setting and this in-game setting are the same, both graphical and controller wheels steering position will match 1:1.

If the controller setting and in-game steering wheel rotation are the same but they are still not aligning all the time or lagging, check that:

- steering help is switched off;
- speed sensitivity slider in CONTROLS > CONTROLLER 2 menu is at 0%;
- your FPS performance is over 60 FPS;
- VSync is switched off.

Setting up the correct steering ratio

For controlling the car you also need to ensure the steering ratio is correct. This is the ratio between your controller steering rotation and in-game steering lock (the maximum angle the front wheels will turn, set from the Garage menu).

Default steering lock for all cars is 14 degrees, which is suitable for 270º of steering rotation from your controller. You can achieve better & more realistic steering ratio by setting steering rotation & steering lock as below:

-For the formula cars, MR18, Marcas and the StockV8s, set your controller rotation to 450-540 degrees, and steering lock to 18-24 degrees;

-For the Camaro, Opala and Mini set steering rotation to 900º, and steering lock to 30-33 degrees;

-For the karts, set steering to 180º, keeping default steering lock of 16 degrees.

Keep in mind that the steering rotation that is relevant to steering ratio is from your controller profile - the steering rotation you can set from the CONTROLS menu is just for the graphical steering wheel.

Force Feedback settings

Logitech G25 / G27
p6ZWaLK.jpg

(sorry for portuguese but should be self-explanatory)

As described above, 270 degrees of rotation is suitable for the default steering lock in all cars. It is recommended however that this setting is adjusted to what is more suitable for each car, which will require re-adjusting this setting both in Logitech profile as well as the "GRAPHICAL STEERING WHEEL RANGE" in the Controls menu.

You don´t necessarily have to access the Logitech profile to change wheel rotation with the G25 / G27 - you can do it from the controller itself, by holding the two middle red buttons and press one of the following:

Top: 240 degrees

Right: 670 degrees

Left: 450 degrees

Bottom: 900 degrees

Apparently this also will work for the DFGT, but obviously the settings and buttons to press are different.

In-game there is no secret - just use the settings from the default G25 / G27 profiles, making sure
FFB effects is set to Low and strentgh to -100% . Adjust "GRAPHICAL STEERING WHEEL RANGE" to match your Logitech profile setting:

PHFhIGc.jpg

ALaz9Bn.jpg

(Not that the "HEAD MOVEMENT / LOOK AHEAD / EXAGGERATE YAW sliders are for the view movement in-cockpit, not related to the actual controller setting. Digital rates are relevant for keyboards / gamepad users)
NvYYX1k.jpg

There is naturally a degree of of personal taste to these settings - you may increase centering force for example if you prefer more resistance from the wheel around the center, or you may increase FFB effects in-game from LOW to add canned effects, but these settings should provide the purest FFB.

Settings for TM T500 RS & Fanatec CSR V1/V2 will follow up shortly.

Last edited:
Hi
Loving this sim so far.
However one question, I use the Log G27 setup provided on first page this thread by someone from Reiza studios.
However, I still feel the wheel feels a bit to light. I play mainly with formula cars. On straights it feels light, OK, no problem. In slower or even fast corners, the weight of the wheel stays to light to my liking, I cannot feel how the tyres get loaded very well and the resistance of the wheel should increase no ?.
I also lack some good ffb during braking, i cannot feel good the braking power like I can in for example R3R.
What parameter do I best adjust?
The FFB strenght in profiler ( > 100%)?
Ingame? what do you mean with ' adding canned effects'

Last edited:
game has the weirdest FFB I have ever seen. Once off center and starting to turn the wheel takes over and auto turns and at times can be slightly hard to get back to center because of resistance. (easy to get to turn in hard to get to turn out) I had to turn the value down to -30 because the high speed wobble at 300km in a car will rip my arms out of my sockets trying to keep the car in a straight line.
I had a lot of fun on my old logi momo but when i changed wheels now it isnt that enjoyable anymore.

game has the weirdest FFB I have ever seen. Once off center and starting to turn the wheel takes over and auto turns and at times can be slightly hard to get back to center because of resistance. (easy to get to turn in hard to get to turn out) I had to turn the value down to -30 because the high speed wobble at 300km in a car will rip my arms out of my sockets trying to keep the car in a straight line.
I had a lot of fun on my old logi momo but when i changed wheels now it isnt that enjoyable anymore.

If the wheel is auto-turning, it sounds like you have inverted FFB. Go to your in-game settings and change it to the opposite one (if it's positive, make it negative or vice-versa).

Hi
Loving this sim so far.
However one question, I use the Log G27 setup provided on first page this thread by someone from Reiza studios.
However, I still feel the wheel feels a bit to light. I play mainly with formula cars. On straights it feels light, OK, no problem. In slower or even fast corners, the weight of the wheel stays to light to my liking, I cannot feel how the tyres get loaded very well and the resistance of the wheel should increase no ?.
I also lack some good ffb during braking, i cannot feel good the braking power like I can in for example R3R.
What parameter do I best adjust?
The FFB strenght in profiler ( > 100%)?
Ingame? what do you mean with ' adding canned effects'

Reiza's settings for the G27 are intentionally light - the argument goes that light feedback is more realistic feedback, because you can feel what's actually happening instead of getting "canned effects" - this means artificial effects created by the wheel, not the game, to make feedback heavier. While that can "feel" good, it's actually not an accurate representation of what's happening on the track. Of course, Reiza's suggestions aren't mandatory - if you prefer stronger feedback anyway, feel free to increase it in the profiler (although most people don't go beyond 107%) or in-game.

If the wheel is auto-turning, it sounds like you have inverted FFB. Go to your in-game settings and change it to the opposite one (if it's positive, make it negative or vice-versa).

Could be yes. The first game where the car wants to turn into the corner.
Spent a few hours today trying to adjust things on the T500 and havent had any luck.

deleted the logi profiler program. Will try again tonight after work but cant keep spending many hours on getting feedback it kills the fun. Especially when other games works right out the gate. Which is why I asked in that thread.

Mind you it is insanely weird to have the car turn in with ease and drive around like it is on its own then at high speed rip your arms out with the wobble.

I do thank you for your response and help - (this is just a bizarre issue for me and when they said they would give settings and dont is a little off putting.)

it sounds like your ffb is inverted, you just need to put the slider the other way. with logitech wheels you need to set it so its negative. just keep the ffb effects setting at lowest, there is plenty of road feel etc. i would say sce has the simplest ffb of any title! literally just one slider.

delete d the logi profiler program. Will try again tonight after work but cant keep spending many hours on getting feedback it kills the fun. Especially when other games works right out the gate. Which is why I asked in that thread.

Mind you it is insanely weird to have the car turn in with ease and drive around like it is on its own then at high speed rip your arms out with the wobble.

I do thank you for your response and help - (this is just a bizarre issue for me and when they said they would give settings and dont is a little off putting.)

Again, I think the issue (as yusupov mentioned as well) is that you don't have the correct settings in-game, not in the profiler. Go to your game control menu. It should look more or less like this:
sceffb.jpg

If your Force Feedback Strength slider is negative, please just switch it to positive (if it's -90 like mine, make it +90). See if that works.

Thanks for the post it does help me. It doesnt fix the entire issue but at least there is some feedback about what is going on.
still really easy to turn into corners etc even at full feedback but I can now get the ffb somewhat.
Thanks for the help!
edit - it is coming around slowly and taking time to tweak but at least usable and drivable where as before that was impossible.

Last edited:
Reiza Studios Dans le premier poste you have mentionné Que les paramètres versez TM T500 RS & Fanatec CSR V1 / V2 sérums Suivi de peu sous.
défiler Les les 7 pages, Mais pas de profil csw v2 found.
Voir à Ce que les Autres personnes are à la recherche versez this également.
Toute entrée is the bienvenue si:)

please ...

Thanks for the post it does help me. It doesnt fix the entire issue but at least there is some feedback about what is going on.
still really easy to turn into corners etc even at full feedback but I can now get the ffb somewhat.
Thanks for the help!
edit - it is coming around slowly and taking time to tweak but at least usable and drivable where as before that was impossible.
I owned a T500RS (now a CSW V2). The FFB is generally excellent in Stock Car Extreme and definitely in the top two of best FFB in the entire racing game/sim industry. There seems to be an issue on your end. Try the following:

T500RS Control Panel FFB Settings
- Overall Strength of all Forces = 72%
(72% uses almost the same amount of max torque as 100% does; however, 72% outputs it's full range of torque in a much more linear manner. 72% should your default for most games).
- Constant = 100%
- Periodic = 100%
- Spring = 0%
- Damper = 0%
- Auto-Center Settings = by the game (Recommended)

T500RS Control Panel Steering Rotation Settings
Set this to 540 degrees for now (you can change this later depending on the car you use and how much in-game steering lock you set for the particular car being driven).

Stock Car Extreme In-Game Settings

Controller 1 Section:

- Presets = Please scroll through the presets (clicking the left/right arrows) in the controller section (Controller 1) and select one of the T500RS presets then click load. Then map your buttons (throttle, steering, pitlane speedlimiter, etc.).

- Force Feedback Strength = 75% for now (you can raise this later if desired). If the FFB strength is defaulted to a negative value upon loading the T500RS presets then continue using a negative value (e.g. -75%).

- FFB Effects = Low (can raise this later if desired for more effects like (e.g.) engine vibrations but low will give you the cleanest and purest FFB.)

- Graphical Steering Wheel Range = 540 degrees. This setting does not affect your actual wheel or the game's physics - at all. It is only purely for graphical reasons so the game's visual steering wheel matches the rotation of your real-life wheel. You can set this to (e.g.) 300 degrees or 900 degrees and it won't make the slightest bit of difference to your physical wheel or the game's physics. Strictly graphical!

Controller 2 Section:

- Speed Sensitivity = 0% (always use 0% if using a steering wheel)

- All other settings make no difference to wheel and pedals, they are only there for graphics (like head movement) or for buttons (.e.g.) using the keyboard for your brake pedal

Controller 3 Section:

- Sensitivity = 50% for all (can change this later if desired)

- Deadzone = 0% for all (can change this later if desired)

Stock Car Extreme In-Game Steering Lock Settings
Once you've selected a car and loaded a session, click on the garage button and, from there, change the steering lock of the car to around 23 degrees. 23 degrees is the steering lock of the actual in-game car itself regardless of what you set in your wheel's control panel's steering rotation setting. 540 degrees of your actual steering wheel rotation is a good general match for a car with 23 degrees of lock (you can adjust this later if desired).

Here is a link with more recommended steering wheel rotation settings and in-game steering lock settings --> http://www.racedepartment.com/threa...-steering-wheel-for-stock-car-extreme.100889/ (under the second section called "Setting up the correct steering ratio "

Time to Drive
Now press "race" and pull out of your pit stall. If the FFB is helping you turn - and wanting to forcefully keep turning all he way until it physically can't anymore - rather than resisting you as you turn the wheel then go back to the controls section and slide the FFB strength slider to the opposite value (e.g. 75% instead of -75%, or vice-versa). If you don't experience this then you should be ready to go drive one of the most amazing racing games/sims around :)

Take a look here--> for more info http://www.racedepartment.com/threa...-steering-wheel-for-stock-car-extreme.100889/

P.S. In the controls section, don't forget to save your controller file!

Last edited:
Thanks I will try it out tonight - Something must have been cooked in the settings.
It has changed a great deal. SO thank you very much. It feels right now and of course I can now feel the bumps in the pavement and stuff.

World of difference!

Last edited:
I really appreciate the help. In AC things feel much better as well so I must have had a wrong setting in the profile itself. Now in AC I feel the car slipping and the wheels lock up. Before that wasnt there.

Hmmm, after some months of inactivity i installed GSCE again and decided to go for a couple of laps:).
After setting up mu CSW v2 and the other settings i went for that drive.
Unfortunately the wheel started turning immediately even being in the garage:(
Force feedback strength was @+100 as it was like on my thrustmaster T500.
So putting this back to -100 made the wheel stay nicely centered.:cool:
What a massive difference between the Thrustmaster and the Fanatec. FF feels absolutely great now.
Now hopefully the new settings will come quick.
Will it be possible in the future to have more than 3 usb connections? and off course working:D

Hmmm, after some months of inactivity i installed GSCE again and decided to go for a couple of laps:).
After setting up mu CSW v2 and the other settings i went for that drive.
Unfortunately the wheel started turning immediately even being in the garage:(
Force feedback strength was @+100 as it was like on my thrustmaster T500.
So putting this back to -100 made the wheel stay nicely centered.:cool:
What a massive difference between the Thrustmaster and the Fanatec. FF feels absolutely great now.
Now hopefully the new settings will come quick.
Will it be possible in the future to have more than 3 usb connections? and off course working:D
Are you also using the following FFB settings on your CSW v2?:
FF - 100%
FOR - 100%
DRI - 3
DPR - Off (100% in control panel)
SPR - Off

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No