How to set up your steering wheel for Stock Car Extreme

Status
Not open for further replies.

Renato Simioni

Reiza Studios
Steering wheel alignment with in-game wheels & eliminating steering lag

To match your steering rotation with the in-game steering wheel rotation, just make sure your "GRAPHICAL STEERING WHEEL RANGE" setting in CONTROLS menu matches your controller setting - be that 180, 270, 540, 900 or whatever - this setting affects the in-game graphical steering wheel rotation only. If the controller setting and this in-game setting are the same, both graphical and controller wheels steering position will match 1:1.

If the controller setting and in-game steering wheel rotation are the same but they are still not aligning all the time or lagging, check that:

- steering help is switched off;
- speed sensitivity slider in CONTROLS > CONTROLLER 2 menu is at 0%;
- your FPS performance is over 60 FPS;
- VSync is switched off.

Setting up the correct steering ratio

For controlling the car you also need to ensure the steering ratio is correct. This is the ratio between your controller steering rotation and in-game steering lock (the maximum angle the front wheels will turn, set from the Garage menu).

Default steering lock for all cars is 14 degrees, which is suitable for 270º of steering rotation from your controller. You can achieve better & more realistic steering ratio by setting steering rotation & steering lock as below:

-For the formula cars, MR18, Marcas and the StockV8s, set your controller rotation to 450-540 degrees, and steering lock to 18-24 degrees;

-For the Camaro, Opala and Mini set steering rotation to 900º, and steering lock to 30-33 degrees;

-For the karts, set steering to 180º, keeping default steering lock of 16 degrees.

Keep in mind that the steering rotation that is relevant to steering ratio is from your controller profile - the steering rotation you can set from the CONTROLS menu is just for the graphical steering wheel.

Force Feedback settings

Logitech G25 / G27
p6ZWaLK.jpg

(sorry for portuguese but should be self-explanatory)

As described above, 270 degrees of rotation is suitable for the default steering lock in all cars. It is recommended however that this setting is adjusted to what is more suitable for each car, which will require re-adjusting this setting both in Logitech profile as well as the "GRAPHICAL STEERING WHEEL RANGE" in the Controls menu.

You don´t necessarily have to access the Logitech profile to change wheel rotation with the G25 / G27 - you can do it from the controller itself, by holding the two middle red buttons and press one of the following:

Top: 240 degrees

Right: 670 degrees

Left: 450 degrees

Bottom: 900 degrees

Apparently this also will work for the DFGT, but obviously the settings and buttons to press are different.

In-game there is no secret - just use the settings from the default G25 / G27 profiles, making sure
FFB effects is set to Low and strentgh to -100% . Adjust "GRAPHICAL STEERING WHEEL RANGE" to match your Logitech profile setting:

PHFhIGc.jpg

ALaz9Bn.jpg

(Not that the "HEAD MOVEMENT / LOOK AHEAD / EXAGGERATE YAW sliders are for the view movement in-cockpit, not related to the actual controller setting. Digital rates are relevant for keyboards / gamepad users)
NvYYX1k.jpg

There is naturally a degree of of personal taste to these settings - you may increase centering force for example if you prefer more resistance from the wheel around the center, or you may increase FFB effects in-game from LOW to add canned effects, but these settings should provide the purest FFB.

Settings for TM T500 RS & Fanatec CSR V1/V2 will follow up shortly.

Last edited:
Some where on your start menu you should find a shortcut for the "Logitech profiler" as I recall... that will start the configuration tools. But you should have an icon in your task bar to quickly launch the tools as well.

Seems something is a miss with the software... anti virus issue maybe?

I am using Thrustmaster these days, maybe one of the Logitech users can offer some better ideas.

Will have a look there. Pretty sure it isn't there. Kinda thinking I should have gone the thrustmaster route now.... I used to have a g25 and loved it but I have had not had pc for 6 years until now. One thing I do know is the reliability of logitech is so much better.

Will have a look there. Pretty sure it isn't there. Kinda thinking I should have gone the thrustmaster route now.... I used to have a g25 and loved it but I have had not had pc for 6 years until now. One thing I do know is the reliability of logitech is so much better.
Please make sure you've downloaded the correct version of the Logitech software (32 or 64 bit).

Thanks for the link gringo. Interesting read. Yeh that's what I have very limited configuration outside of the game. Yeh it feels ok. It feels the best in gsce so far. Not tried it on project cars ps4 (dunno whether to get the pc version?). Need to get the settings right for dirt rally still.

Could someone explain to me what the dampening does in realfeel? I have fanatec csr and in windows i set dampening to 100%
After that what difference does it make if i set max or 0 in realfeel?
I like my wheel not to weak, only because i found it easier to feel the difference in forces when something happens. I'm still a noob, after 6 months still find hard to understand my wheel... my first ffb wheel ever.

Thanks

Hello gents, I use a wheel with 270° of rotation (Momo), in steering lock I must always set 14 degrees?, for all cars?
I think that ''14'' work well with Formulas, but I think the others cars need a bit more...maybe 20 or 22, if any use a wheel like me please tell me a good degrees for the cars...

Cheers

Use more in-game degrees if you want, then lower the steering sensitivity to 35 - 40 % in order to make the first bit of steering slower so as to mimic a more realistic and not so hyper-fast steering ratio. That's the best compromise in my opinion if using a wheel that is severely limited in hardware lock. I used the Momo Racing and Momo Force for many years that way to very good effect. I brought it down from 50% to 35% (or was it 38%) in 3 or 4 steps over a few weeks.

Not sure if this is the correct spot to ask, but is there a way to adjust accelerator sensitivity in-game? For some reason, with the G27 accelerator, the feel is off to me. I can press the pedal a few inches before the game even registers it whereas other games can feel the pressure immediately when pressed. Any thoughts? Or is this all in my head (lol)?

If this is posted in the wrong place, my apologizes.

Or is this all in my head

I think I know whats up here.

Look at your controler.ini and check the axis assigned to your throttle.

Code:
..\Stock Car Extreme\UserData\<your player name>\Controller.ini

Then look at the [ Joystick ] section. For throttle and brake you want
Center="1.00000"
For steering
Center="0.50000"

Code:
[ Joystick ]
Axis [00, 00] Dead Zone="0.00000" // Controller 1 X
Axis [00, 00] Sensitivity="0.50345"
Axis [00, 00] Center="0.50000" // 0.0=min, 0.5=center, 1.0=max (use to correct centering or split-axis issues)
Axis [00, 01] Dead Zone="0.00000" // Controller 1 Y
Axis [00, 01] Sensitivity="1.00000"
Axis [00, 01] Center="1.00000"
Axis [00, 02] Dead Zone="0.00000" // Controller 1 Z
Axis [00, 02] Sensitivity="0.50345"
Axis [00, 02] Center="1.00000"
Axis [00, 03] Dead Zone="0.00000" // Controller 1 RX
Axis [00, 03] Sensitivity="0.50345"
Axis [00, 03] Center="1.00000"
Axis [00, 04] Dead Zone="0.00000" // Controller 1 RY
Axis [00, 04] Sensitivity="0.50345"
Axis [00, 04] Center="1.00000"
Axis [00, 05] Dead Zone="0.00000" // Controller 1 RZ
Axis [00, 05] Sensitivity="0.00000"
Axis [00, 05] Center="1.00000"
Axis [00, 06] Dead Zone="0.00000" // Controller 1 S0
Axis [00, 06] Sensitivity="0.00000"
Axis [00, 06] Center="1.00000"
Axis [00, 07] Dead Zone="0.00000" // Controller 1 S1
Axis [00, 07] Sensitivity="0.50345"
Axis [00, 07] Center="1.00000"

Not sure if this is the correct spot to ask, but is there a way to adjust accelerator sensitivity in-game? For some reason, with the G27 accelerator, the feel is off to me. I can press the pedal a few inches before the game even registers it whereas other games can feel the pressure immediately when pressed.
I've gotten this multiple times. Just remap the control. So, press the accel button in the list of controls and then press your throttle all the way. Also check in the controller 3 section to make sure it doesn't have any deadzone set to it.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 84 12.9%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 59 9.1%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 67 10.3%
  • < 4 years