Released Hondsrugring

Uploaded another bunch of screenshots. You can find the updates very easily by clicking on the date-link at the left bottom. "Last update". All the site and project updates are listed.

Tomorrow i load up a new video... Hopefully it will work. At the moment i have the track finished for 95%.

To do: (examples)
A few buildings are needed still.
Some minor terrain work has to be done.
Marshalls and buildings.
small trees and terrain around houses.

There will be two versions: a version without chicanes and a version with 3 or 4 chicanes (not decided yet).

It will be a heavy one for the not state to the art pc's.

I have a small problem. At my track there are two viaducts. Both are similiar in shape and color except for two pillars.
When i add one of them the game works, but with two it crashes and gives a gmt error. roada3635.gmt or something similar. What could be the problem?
viadukt.JPG

I want to try to get more versions of the track in one main folder.
1. Hondsrugring without chicanes
2. Hondsrugring with 2 chicanes
3. Hondsrugring with 4 chicanes

What do i have to alter in the next part?:

HondsrugringNC
{
Filter Properties = RoadCourse 2005 SRGrandPrix OWChallenge
Attrition = 30
TrackName = HondsrugringNC
EventName = HondsrugringNC // shows up in rFactor as the subfolder.
GrandPrixName = HondsrugringNC //this must be the same as event name in order to sort circuit info correctly.
VenueName = HondsrugringNC // shows up in rFactor as the main folder.
Location = the Netherlands
Length = 23.997 km
TrackType = Temporary Street Course
Track Record = Greven, 5.50
TerrainDataFile = HondsrugringNC.tdf

I have still problems with the frame rate. When shadows is turned on, it slows heavily. The same happens when racing other cars.
Now i have turned all collisions off from all objects. That will help to some extent and will use invisible walls to prevent cars to go through houses and trees.

I think with long tracks thats probably the best bet, as objects that are set as collidable ones take some juice from the PC.

Have you also played around with visual group settings within the SCN file? i.e. setting objects NOT to appear in the mirrors and also certain objects only to appear on race day/ practice etc.

I haven't figured out the possibilities yet. But i will look at it. I am starting to discover the gdb, scr files atm. Also i am looking for the file that controls the volume of the AI cars. I use the 1991 LE F1 mod a lot, but the AI car are way too loud. And the sound settings in rFactor are not enough helpfull.

If its the volume of the AI`s car engines, then you can edit this in-game or through the PLR file.

If your doing it the PLR way, go to the [Sounds] section, and look for this line

Other Volume Ratio="0.60000" // Additional volume multiplier for other vehicles

Change the value there.
As you can see, mine isn`t default and would represent 60% volume. I find this maybe a little too quite, but i prefer to hear my own engine over theres, so it suits me fine :)

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.