HoF and Discussion (Propose Game Ideas Here)

Hey,
I have a proposal for a new game.

The game i am proposing is the True2Life-Racing Formula ford 2011 mod for Race 07.

I have made a number of changes to the original mod in order to get the ai to race without crashing and prevent the rain bug (where the ai would pit every lap when it rained).

Race 07 is based on the rfactor engine, however the ai is less aggressive and has a decent weather system.
One negative to race 07 however is that there isnt an option like there is in other rfactor games, but there is an excellent replay system, whereby it records every session by default. this means that all I have to do is hide my car off the circuit during the race

The kind of game i think would work better, given the fact that formula ford engines are standardised would be a driver based game, without managers or power upgrades - the only car upgrade would be reliability

ideally, there would be 21 drivers, as this is how many fit on 1 screen in the results, without having to scroll down, which neatly hides my user.
However this would of course lead to 7 teams with 3 drivers, so just 20 drivers will be the limit initially, with 10 teams - unless the alternative is more popular.

During my extensive testing, the best tracks are about 2-5km long which roughly means 10 laps = 30 minutes

In terms of upgrades, as mentioned above they will be mostly driver based apart from reliability

Driver upgrades (inc default values)

QualifyingAbility= no. drivers //Average qualifying position (1 - number of drivers)
RaceAbility= 6.2 //Range 0 - 6.2 (0 is best)
RainAbility= 6.2 //Range 0 - 6.2 (0 is best)
TrackAggression=6.2 //Range 0 - 6.2 (0 is best)

Team Upgrades

LifetimeAvg=1000 //lifetime of engine more is better
LifetimeVar=200 //COF variation

3 driver teams sounds fun and different.

I was really interested in an Automobilista Sim Career game as it's AI is intriguing. But Race 07 AI does not feel that good imo. Is there any chance you can employ that concept into AMS?

I was really interested in an Automobilista Sim Career game as it's AI is intriguing. But Race 07 AI does not feel that good imo. Is there any chance you can employ that concept into AMS?
Once I found a way of simming AMS I could take a look into it, don't think it is possible though:(

I don't believe it would be possible to convert the mod i have right now into Automobilista, whilst presumably something similar could be achieved with the correct know how, this would require a fair bit of work, especially as i am am unfamiliar with AMS (race 07 is quite different

Also, I have the mod for Race 07 pretty much in order right now, having edited tire and engine files to get the ai cars steady

As for the ai, its certainly better than rfactor, perhaps not as good as ams. Its not too bad though

• Deleted member 161052

Okay, this is the important announcement (which I mentioned in the RPS thread).

From July 11th to July 29th, I will be on holiday in Los Angeles, California for 2 weeks and 4 days.

This means that the Rock, Paper, Scissors Tournament will take a break. And I'm tagging the following users:
@Lesley Buurlage @Mane Goddard @Sasha Jednak @kedy89 @Aidan Keranen @Omer Said
(Lesley will do my GP4 buys, Mane will do my FFG buys, and I'm informing Sasha, Tobi, Aidan and Omer that I am away for a holiday, but Sasha might also do my FFG buys as an option)
Whoever who wants to do Moto-Manager strategies for me are welcome. @Milos will do my Formula Manager strategies.

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Deleted member 161052

Kliponious-green-tick.png

Okay then,
Ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls, children of all ages;
I have an announcement I want to make.

This announcement is a game/project that I've started around November last year, codenamed Racing Manager. It's gone through quite a fair bit of evolution, and it is now in the stage where I can showcase a demo hotlap of the game. (note: there is noticeable recording lag at places, but hey, it's still WIP as it says in the middle :p )
(note #2: The track map/picture was taken from google maps, while the background sound and commentary was taken from a hotlap of Michael Schumacher, in the 2003 Australian GP Quali. No link, the less FOM finds out about, the better :giggle: )
Now, with this game/project, I did plan to start a forum game again, and this would likely be near the end of July, possibly later, maybe earlier. For the game I did write some rather long regulations on how the game would work (that are just provisional really, some things will change), which can be seen here:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/16mkPqvBn13zy0hEJcosCl60ASvvSGHGXgBtSzPhPQ5E/edit?usp=sharing
The only thing I would like to point out from the regulations is that I will release the game/project (at least here on racedepartment, licencing..) firstly on PC, then on Android, and then, if possible, on Mac/iOS, since the main goal was to create a good game, else I would just make a 15-minute excel sheet/console app and call it a game and start a forum game on that.

That's all I had to say! :thumbsup:

Last edited:
Due to your video and the title of your project it kidna reminds me of this:
https://www.gpro.net/de/gpro.asp
Same with race by race costs, engiens, fuel, development,
nah the project name was Tim's idea :laugh:
And, I did actually play GPRO about 4 years ago, and I seem to remember that the race footage was cars going around a straight line with pits on the (left?) side. My game would go a bit further and have the track map.
But, I will say I started off from wanting to make a game like Grand Prix World, that allows managing multiple teams at the same time (I do know there are mods to edit the save files, but this only allows for half-management and not complete, like with the strategy under SC - does it even have SC?)
Later on I did take inspiration from other games too - one of them being GPRO.

So I just stumbled across something lately that might be interesting to some. Weekly motorsport quizzes on the website kahoot.it. We can discuss a time where most people are free to compete as it's a live quiz. I'll fire up a share screening program and share it in the thread so people can watch my screen which the questions are being held on. Then you grab a device and enter with the kahoot code that is on my screen. It sounds a bit confusing now but believe me after you've done it once, it's sooooo easy.

Only hard thing could be arranging a time where people are free to do it live. Shouldn't take much more than 15 minutes really. Also you don't have to be in the quiz every week. You can just hop on when you have time.
Coming back to this, ideal setup would be kahoot.it and join.me as screen sharing device. Like I mentioned beforehand time is the only problem we have here hence why I want to make a weekly thing of it. I mean the more the better of course but if one week only 4 people e.g. can make it that's fine as well. @Jimlaad43 or @Omer Said Am I allowed to open up a thread for it already or does it need some tweaks?

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.