HoF and Discussion (Propose Game Ideas Here)

but it will be similar to what Omer does with his Formula Manager.
don't quote me on this, but duplicate games usually got rejected in the past, but it may just work this time since many other games broke down. But chances are, you're gonna need to come up with something unique, that will make the game stand out.

Ok guys, here is my idea. I want to start a RD Forum Rally Championship. Each round will be composed of 4 regular stages and one final super stage. You will be required to select a driver, co-driver, car, engine, and suspension supplier for your team. All of these individual components will have attributes / values that will help define how well you are able to complete each course.

I will design each course to be composed of various surfaces, elevation changes, curves, etc., to emulate several of the real WRC courses through the season. Your team's values will give me a speed factor through each segment, which will then be added up to give a final time to complete each course. Also, there will be a certain amount of risk that will give a chance of damaging one or more of your car's components.

In a real Rally, you have an alloted time to complete your repairs to your vehicle at the end of each stage. In the game, you will have the opportunity to repair your vehicle using a token system, whereby you can spend a certain amount to repair individual components of your vehicle. You'll be alloted a specific number each stage, and they cannot carryover to the next stage. Sometimes, repairs must be made in the middle of a stage (i.e. flat tyres). Those will be repaired during the stage, and you will be penalized for the time incurred to do this. At the end of each round, you will start with a completely 100% repair car.

I have not yet decided on attributes for drivers and cars, but I'll be passing them along later when I work out more details. I will also gladly accept any ideas, criticism, etc., but don't be mad at me if I don't incorporate them. Thanks ahead for your input!!

This sounds like a very unique and nice game concept. On paper, it actually promises a lot. I think it will be shaped and altered as we play along under your moderatorship. You can organize 1-2 test races to test the game system before starting the actualy season. :thumbsup:

Definitely test races first, also to figure out how many are interested. Sasha's Moto Manager seemed to have many interested at first, but now we need 2 AI teams to get more than 10 riders on the grid :/.

What's bugging me is that you said you need help with the sheets. Thing is we had something like this before, when Tim came up with the football manager, but Milos did the sheets. Means having a player knowing all the mechanics behind the game. Imo this would be a game the moderator can't play due to unfair advantage (like Formula Manager, Classic GP, Forum Racing, RPS, Moto Manager), so whoever helps shouldn't be able to play.

If someone were to help me, it would only be with the mechanics of creating certain features of a generic spreadsheet. For example, how someone might apply a certain amount of randomness to a set of values. No one is going to see the actual file. I've mostly got everything worked out in my head about the components of the file...I just need to get it built and tested.

Hello guys! I am thinking of reviving the football predictor starting with Euro 2016 (June 10th-July10th) and then with selected matches from domestic championships and international competitions, as well as some national teams matches. Anyone interested? If the moderators are OK with it and this post gets more than 7-8 agrees I guess we are ready to go ;)

Old thread with rules: http://www.racedepartment.com/threads/racedepartment-football-predictor.76543/

I believe that I'll keep the rules exactly the same, except the fact that I will organise this game alone.

• Deleted member 161052

I might give that game a try, even if I haven't played that game before. Gonna check the rules.

So does everyone agree I can start the Forum Rally game once I get all my crap together? It could be quite a while, though, because I'm starting everything from scratch...like a month or so probably.

I'd suggest first making sure you've got all your stuff and then open it. Same thing happened with football manager. I opened the thread, and only like a month later did the actual season start. Don't make the same mistake as I did please:thumbsup:

I'd suggest first making sure you've got all your stuff and then open it. Same thing happened with football manager. I opened the thread, and only like a month later did the actual season start. Don't make the same mistake as I did please:thumbsup:
Agree. I won't open anything until I'm done with my work and tested and and and....

On Monday i'm gonna flight to Spain, having a nice holiday with some friends for a week.
I'll probably will not be able to check in in do stuff on RD regularly or at all.

Therefore I'll inform some people tomorrow about some things, probably @kedy89 , @Aidan Keranen , @Matt @Rui F. Martins
(Giving Rui the right to do my buys in 2003 GP4 season, and informing Mr Kederer about that)
(Giving Matt the right to do my buys for FFG and informing Mr Keranen about that ;))

@Benutzername
Happy holidays. :) :) :)
travel-tourism-holiday-spain-beach-sun-sunchine-thln45_low.jpg
:laugh:

• Deleted member 161052

For the next RPS season, do you guys want a Premier League football theme or you still prefer the usual football theme where you can pick any club?

Rate Like for Premier League, rate Agree for the usual one.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back