Have Your Say: What is the Worst Sim Car You Have Ever Driven?

I've driven many bad ones over the years, but I always remember one that stuck out for being an absolute pig to drive, and that was the stanceworks bmw 2002 in PCARS1,

I got to save the reputation of the Megane Trophy in rF2 here. I drove that car in a small online series in 2016 and it handled like you would expect a mid engined open wheeler with a carbon fiber Megane body kit with a little bit of downforce to handle, that is very responsive to inputs and weight transfer, somewhat quick to snap at the limit, but progressive before that. Also reacted well to setup changes, setting the attitude of the car entry/mid/exit corner with springs and ARB is easy. You can play with the rear wing to adjust stability in high speed ones on top. Very straighforward.

Now I haven’t driven this car back when it came out, so it might have been different then, but the current version is very enjoyable to drive. Maybe some people expect the car to be front engined FWD and wonder what’s going on, I don’t know.

Now as to what cars I don't think are very good, I gotta say the Enduracers Flat6 mod is fun to drive, but pulling those kinds of drifts to go fast just isn't realistic. It looks and sounds good, it's also fun to drive, but realistic it is not.

Last edited:
Been plenty that I've tried, hard to remember which ones were worst over the last 15 years! Think it was some kind of touring car mod on rf (just single car not series) that was rather horrific.

On another note, I'm a little worried by the image in the opening post. Why is the Formula BMW at South City in Live for speed being used as an example of a poor mod? (or suggested to be). It was one of the few real cars they were licensed to produce, and had the correct "process" for changing gear ;)

iRacing's Mazda MX-5. I just couldn't get on with the damn thing despite numerous efforts to tame it. It was like driving a psychotic ice cube.
I don't know which (of three) MX-5 you're referring to, but the new Global MX-5 Cup car is very grippy, and only spins if you really overdrive it.

The 2015 Cup car has been stable for a few years now, but I've heard it was a handful initially.

I suppose if I was dog slow, I'd be bitter as well.
Spotted the fanboy.

You can find me here if you want to show me what fast looks like:
7BPWFTF.png

I don't know which (of three) MX-5 you're referring to, but the new Global MX-5 Cup car is very grippy, and only spins if you really overdrive it.

The 2015 Cup car has been stable for a few years now, but I've heard it was a handful initially.

Yes, I was referring to an earlier version of the MX-5. Recent reviews of iRacing have mentioned its improved tire model, so I'm pleased to hear that the Mazda is now better. My criticism of it was in response to the original article, which asked RD members to choose a specific car, and was not meant to condemn iRacing as a whole. :)

So many to list, but something that I remembered just now: the CLK GTR on Project Cars. So stiff and weird to drive, always bottoming out with that dreadful sound. Horrible. Just that.

Most cars on Project Cars are bad, but this one takes the crown for me somehow. And that bottoming out sound, I hate it so much.

If there is a car worth & one of the few in PCars that would be the caterhams. Also. the Formula gulf & formula 3 are worth a bit. I suppose.

The GT3 World Series mod from rFactor 2.
The AI driving the cars are complete idiots, and whenever they drive too much on the rumble strips, they just tilt on two wheels and flip over.
It's awful, and it makes actual competitive racing impossible.

The GT3 World Series mod from rFactor 2.
The AI driving the cars are complete idiots, and whenever they drive too much on the rumble strips, they just tilt on two wheels and flip over.
It's awful, and it makes actual competitive racing impossible.
I can only offer an advice on this matter: learn to tune the AI, do it, send back to the mod creator the settings. Sometimes people are busy on the 3d models and physic and won't spend time doing the AI, sometimes if it works online it's good enough. We had the same issue in the EEC GT3 mod, looked for people to work on the AI and got not a single answer from the offline racers (that are majority of players btw), so since the mod works online perfectly and the people working on the mod only drive online messing with the AI was not necessary. I don't know about Simtek if he is the same tho, but trust me, getting someone to help to make the AI better would be really good, there should be a lot of people that knew how to do it considering most people only drive offline.
And sometimes the AI settings that are important is more related to the track than the cars

For me 100% seb loeb rally got it physical format for like £4 with DLC and still feel ripped off.
Runs really badly for me in triple screen, doesn't recognise my handbrake and no matter what the ffb feels like undriveable crap

I don't even think I've finished a single stage on it, just turn it off in disgust after about 10 minutes each time. Which is a shame as its the only game ive found with a Peugeot Quasar in it which i have fond memories of having a toy one as a kid

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back