Have Your Say: What is the Worst Sim Car You Have Ever Driven?

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Worst Sim Car.jpg

RaceDepartment asks our readers opinions on the car they consider the worst they've ever driven in sim racing, be it due to quality, design or simply never being able to get a grip of the handling.

We've done a few "tell me your favourite X" type articles in recent months so this time we thought it might be interesting to do the exact opposite, and cast about for some opinions on our readers least favourite sim racing car...

So the question to you dear reader is:

What is the worst sim racing car you have ever driven, across any simulation from the modern era (post 2001)?

Let us know your choice of car, simulation and the reasons why you've picked it as your least favourite machine. You could select the car due to it's quality, or because you never managed to get a grip with it's handling or simply because you just plain old don't like it!

Feel free to share your thoughts and experiences in the comments section below!

An F1 concept car, not the one here at RD, but from another source. You would expect great handling from an F1 car but this one had the front end grip from the Reliant Robin

Jimlaad43

Nice apex, I'll take it!
Staff
Premium
Going by default cars in game, rather than mods (because they'll always be hit-and-miss), pretty much any historic racing car from before the 1980s. There's no grip in them, which I hate. I like cars that take high speed corners fast, and medium speed corners well. What I don't like is cars that want to go sideways on straights, and go slow around medium speed corners, and crawl around low speed corners. Try driving the Maserati's on Assetto around old Monza. They don't want to grip on the straights, and the Lesmo's are abysmally slow.

That said, the arcadey driving of Gran Turismo did at least make the historic cars bearable, or even overpowered. A 1966 Jaguar XJ13 should not be on par with a Toyota TS030.

The Super V8's on Automobilista are just designed to murder you too. The rear of the car is far too loose for my liking under power and braking. Actually, every car on AMS can go on here. Automobilista - the No-grip-on-the-rear-axle-under-braking simulator.

Also, every car on F1 2014

DND

Stay Safe, Healthy and be Kind - Stop Hate
The road cars are not of particular interest to me. The more I race I find the less I want in quantity and more in quality. Really looking forward to the upcoming GTR sim, and like what Raceroom has done in how they present cars and tracks. It seems to me that they provide a consistently better finished product.

as much as i love iracing now .... i have to say the iracing skip barber is the worst car because the physics is totaly rong but i don t care because gt 3 owns all in iracing :>

How much money have you spend on your current simracing hardware

• €0-150

Votes: 86 19.4%
  • €151-500

Votes: 121 27.3%
  • €501-1000

Votes: 73 16.5%
  • €1001-1500

Votes: 38 8.6%
  • €1501-3000

Votes: 43 9.7%
  • €3001-5000