• “Just being a mediocre driver has never been my ambition. That's not my style” ― Michael Schumacher
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Have a chance to win a copy of F1 2017 The Game (PC) by following RaceDepartment on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Twitch, Steam and / or YouTube.

Have Your Say: What is the Worst Sim Car You Have Ever Driven?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Paul Jeffrey, Mar 25, 2017.

1. Paul Jeffrey

Paul Jeffrey
    RaceDepartment Editor-in-Chief Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +12,410
    Worst Sim Car.jpg
    RaceDepartment asks our readers opinions on the car they consider the worst they've ever driven in sim racing, be it due to quality, design or simply never being able to get a grip of the handling.

We've done a few "tell me your favourite X" type articles in recent months so this time we thought it might be interesting to do the exact opposite, and cast about for some opinions on our readers least favourite sim racing car...

So the question to you dear reader is:

What is the worst sim racing car you have ever driven, across any simulation from the modern era (post 2001)?

Let us know your choice of car, simulation and the reasons why you've picked it as your least favourite machine. You could select the car due to it's quality, or because you never managed to get a grip with it's handling or simply because you just plain old don't like it!

Feel free to share your thoughts and experiences in the comments section below!

• Like Like x 2
  2. Benutzername

Benutzername
    I breathe a lot. I guess i just really like air. Premium

Ratings:
    +2,527
    Not sure if it really was the worst but the Reliant Rpbin mod for AC was really horrible to drive quickly. Especially the corners.

You know what i mean:p

• Haha Haha x 11
    • Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  3. paracletus

paracletus

Ratings:
    +143
    where's that popcorn avatar :confused:

• Like Like x 2
    • Love Love x 1
  4. ltcars

ltcars

Ratings:
    +327
    An F1 concept car, not the one here at RD, but from another source. You would expect great handling from an F1 car but this one had the front end grip from the Reliant Robin

• Haha Haha x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Sky

Sky

Ratings:
    +150
    the older rfactor 2 formula cars like the old f2 williams thing and older 3.5 or whatever it was. utterly dreadful for 'official' cars.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 2
  6. Chris

Chris
    Administrator Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +5,820
    [​IMG]
    The Formula 2 in rFactor 2.
    Literal trash.

The FFB is horrible and the car has one of the worst aero balances I've ever driven in a sim. I'm still gobsmacked that it's official content.

• Agree Agree x 13
    • Like Like x 5
    • Haha Haha x 3
  7. Jimlaad43

Jimlaad43
    Nice apex, I'll take it! Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +5,510
    Going by default cars in game, rather than mods (because they'll always be hit-and-miss), pretty much any historic racing car from before the 1980s. There's no grip in them, which I hate. I like cars that take high speed corners fast, and medium speed corners well. What I don't like is cars that want to go sideways on straights, and go slow around medium speed corners, and crawl around low speed corners. Try driving the Maserati's on Assetto around old Monza. They don't want to grip on the straights, and the Lesmo's are abysmally slow.

That said, the arcadey driving of Gran Turismo did at least make the historic cars bearable, or even overpowered. A 1966 Jaguar XJ13 should not be on par with a Toyota TS030.

The Super V8's on Automobilista are just designed to murder you too. The rear of the car is far too loose for my liking under power and braking. Actually, every car on AMS can go on here. Automobilista - the No-grip-on-the-rear-axle-under-braking simulator.

Also, every car on F1 2014

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Haha Haha x 1
  8. Benutzername

Benutzername
    I breathe a lot. I guess i just really like air. Premium

Ratings:
    +2,527
    [​IMG]

• Haha Haha x 8
    • Like Like x 1
    • Love Love x 1
  9. Tom738

Tom738

Ratings:
    +3
    TOCA on the PS1.....haha...:ninja:

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. Michael Hornbuckle

Michael Hornbuckle

Ratings:
    +2,439
    Every car in iracing. (still looking forward to the dirt stuff though)

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Like Like x 5
    • Haha Haha x 2
    • Angry Angry x 1
  11. Daniel Trapp

Daniel Trapp
    Anywhere but here Premium

Ratings:
    +1,024
    The Supertrucks in AMS, the only good thing about them is the sounds, everything else is just horrible.

• Like x 4
    • Agree x 4
    • Angry x 3
    • Wow x 1
    • Disagree x 1
  12. karlisk4

karlisk4

Ratings:
    +2
    The tesla mod for AC.

13. Andrew Ford

Andrew Ford
    Premium

Ratings:
    +2,737
    • Like Like x 1
    • Haha Haha x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. DucMan888

DucMan888
    Premium

Ratings:
    +116
    The road cars are not of particular interest to me. The more I race I find the less I want in quantity and more in quality. Really looking forward to the upcoming GTR sim, and like what Raceroom has done in how they present cars and tracks. It seems to me that they provide a consistently better finished product.

• Like Like x 2
  15. Mark Greenall

Mark Greenall

Ratings:
    +2,527
    :confused:
    Yep it has to be awful.

16. Andrew Ford

Andrew Ford
    Premium

Ratings:
    +2,737
    :roflmao:

17. Mark Greenall

Mark Greenall

Ratings:
    +2,527
    I actually loved it. Long time ago now.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  18. osyres

osyres

Ratings:
    +6
    as much as i love iracing now .... i have to say the iracing skip barber is the worst car because the physics is totaly rong but i don t care because gt 3 owns all in iracing :>

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. Antonio Castagna

Antonio Castagna

Ratings:
    +11
    All of Assetto Corsa, original and not (sorry, Aspetto Cosa :D).

Last edited: Mar 25, 2017
    • Agree Agree x 7
    • Haha Haha x 4
    • Like Like x 3
    • Love Love x 1
  20. @apocapollo

@apocapollo

Ratings:
    +75
    Those relatively recent offroad buggies in Automobilista. Good lord are they slow and disappointing. I don't know why I would race those instead of the rallycross Lancer or Super Trucks.

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Like Like x 4