Have Your Say: What is the Worst Sim Car You Have Ever Driven?

I hate to pile on the "Formula Dirt" in Automobilista but AMS is all I play and that one really takes the cake. Its such a step down from everything else in the amazing product that it sticks out. I think the (lack of) track options hurts it's appeal too.

I am an unabashed AMS fanboy, but that formula dirt car is a mess! I've started up multiple times with the intention of mastering it, but it always leads to a frustration induced abort. Perhaps loose surface is kryptonite to Niel's apparent physics modelling superpowers? ;)

Probably the whole GT3 class in IRacing. Not because the cars are bad. But the people driving in them lol.

All jokes aside.

Probably the Formula Dirt it has no grunt at all!

Some may want to hunt me down for saying this but the worst car(s) I've driven has to be the Apex GT3 mod. The cars feels dead and and the understeer is killing me. It's just so unsatisfying to me.

because assetto fanboy people...:p

I'm no fanboy. I play Assetto Corsa, I used to work for Reiza Studios, so obviously I enjoy their products, I own pCARS and love DiRT Rally. I qualified for original iRacing World Championship or whatever it was called. I play a lot of different products. But I can't deny iRacing has had some of the most broken physics of any sim, despite the money thrown at it. Remember when iRacing first launched, following another car actually caused oversteer - not understeer. So lets not pretend that just because it's big that it's great. The HPD was pretty horrendous on launch, and there were times the street cars were difficult to drive within street speed limits.

The amount of times rF2 and iRacing are mentioned in this thread is worrying.

World class simulators and yet people are saying they have some of the worst sim cars of all time.

Clearly something is amiss.
Maybe theyr not so much as called sim-racers. Only going with the hate train because some reasons like the craphics blaa blaa or just one thing isnt simulated absolute perfectly. Yet they play games that are at least half less simulators like AC. PC. Only coz its cool to like them, and easy aproach, like console games. Just hop in and drive, and after all they mostly drive those because of the looks, or half looks half feel. But when you put them drive a simulator that just lacks the fancy filters and blurs and post process effects etc. and you have to set your car at least a bit so its good to drive. Its a NONONONONONONOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!! And blame how it looks... They have get use to the fancy craphics and when game looks "cleaner" like RF2. Without the fancy stuff, being actually more "real" Its bad. And there they are shooting their own feet.

So, I may have lost my credibility to say something like this by self-describing myself as an "unabashed AMS fanboy", but here goes anyways... :D

One car that has been mentioned several times in this thread is the AMS F-Extreme. If you haven't given that one a spin in a while, you may want to re-visit it. Some months ago (I'd have to go back through the changelogs to be sure), Reiza very quietly made some changes to the default setup to this vehicle that makes it much, much more pleasant to drive. It's still an absolute handful, but in the ways that you would expect (mainly due to gobs of torque in the low gears).

The main issue I had prior to these setup changes was that the car was almost devoid of front-end mechanical grip in low-speed turns. This was made doubly frustrating by the fact that the setup options on a modern F1 car are beyond the complexity of what I (and probably a lot of 'average' sim racers) could adjust without causing unwanted side-effects.

Chassis flex or not, but IMHO the Karts in rFactor2 are horrible to drive. I get no feeling for the limit in these soap-boxes. The Karts in AMS are much more intuitive to drive, even without chassis flex.

iRacing is much improved with the newest release.
I do hate the formula dirt in AMS.
In rFactor 2 I don't like the karts, and the historic stock cars are pretty bad, though I want to like them. In rFactor 2 the stock setups in many mods is bad, so I don't have time for that game unless I'm in a league.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back