Have Your Say: What is the Worst Sim Car You Have Ever Driven?

The worst I've spent a decent number of races in was the iRacing NC Miata, in probably 2014 or so. Absolutely no leeway for oversteer and you had to drive it right on the edge of traction to be competitive. So every single race the first fast corner would have people washing out left and right.

Yes, the car was absolutely horrendous. Without knowing better, I thought it had the engine at the back, and the suspension just too soft for proper racing. :rolleyes:

• The BRM in Grand Prix Legends was diabolical, but faster than one might think in the right hands (not mine)
  • The original GTR1 physics engine which made driving any GT car actually harder than real life
  • Probably every modern F1 car in any sim due to the mechanical grip vs. downforce transition issues
  • Generally grumpy about every simcar since Indy500 - and there has been lots to be grumpy about
  • I'm a fanboy of Assetto Corsa, but the lack of sound dynamics in almost all cars is getting to me

WTF is the point of this thread? As if the simracing community isn't negative enough without being explicitly asked to indulge itself. :rolleyes:

My vote goes to the original, very first Sauber C9 release in Assetto. It's been changed since, and this no longer applies, but that was one of the dumbest wastes of 20 minutes in my 38 years on this planet. It's the only car I've been literally unable to drive in my entire ~2500 hours in the sim. (And I like I said, it's a lot better now.)

WTF is the point of this thread? As if the simracing community isn't negative enough without being explicitly asked to indulge itself. :rolleyes:

Is RD losing views/clicks massively or something?

I cannot fathom why RD would officially endorse flamewars and the garbage rhetoric this thread obviously would, and already has provided.

I guess being controversial pays. Maybe SMS will buy some shares in RD soon too...

:poop:

I hate to pile on the "Formula Dirt" in Automobilista but AMS is all I play and that one really takes the cake. Its such a step down from everything else in the amazing product that it sticks out. I think the (lack of) track options hurts it's appeal too.

Surprised no one mentioned the 993 GT2 from GTR2. Granted its a very outdated car in the series, but the absolute lack of feedback, the general bounciness of the suspension, the massive amounts of understeer. The top end NGT cars could even be faster on certain tracks, and those had about 200hp less.

I still like driving it because the 993 Porsches are my favorites but it is pretty terrible, by itself and against the more modern competition.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 232 14.7%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 161 10.2%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 156 9.9%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 118 7.5%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 225 14.3%