Have Your Say: How Often Do You Race?

Slowly :rolleyes:
:O_o:sorry mis-read question :p
This was also my thinking! However. How Often...? Pretty much every day I get on mainly Assetto Corsa or R3E. If I have a race coming up then I put an hour, sometimes more, practice in. If not, then I find a pairing (vehicle/track) I haven't raced and have a little drive.
Sometimes I just fart around installing crap then realising it is crap (mods etc) quickly uninstall it.:p

I only race the AI or do hotlapping etc and I really enjoy the fun with no pressure. I try to do a couple of hours in an evening but family comes first. My online racing days are over.

Since I started modding, never ever enough, but wanted to get back in to my racing, to actually enjoy what I have made, so slowing down the modding so I can do this. Joined a couple of series and really enjoying this now.

Because of my twisted pelvis, I do struggled of races over 30mins long, as I need to get up and walk around, so 2 x 20mins races with a quick break in between are perfect, or 1 race stint + Quali that is no longer than 30mins is ok.

Don't do AI racing or hotlapping, purely enjoy Online Racing.

Shaun

Far from how often I'd like to.
Every sim has these flaws that keep pushing me away. For AC it's the AI which can't keep up after half of the first lap and the RD races which start way too late for me. PC2's AI is a mess even after yesterday's update and its multiplayer and esport scene is already dead and buried (can one say it was even alive at some point ?). R3E graphics and ffb just don't seem to go right for me as my driving is an absolute mess. I'm starting to regret purchasing a cockpit considering how little use it's gonna get. Maybe this isn't for me anymore... :(

Maybe try racing against people instead, If so I would suggest joining leagues or Iracing where the racing is clean.

I drive sims maybe 1 hour every 2-3 days.

How often do I race? ...almost never. Ai sucks and I don't do multiplayer because if I spend even 5 minutes waiting on others, it's just not worth it for me. Plus it's not easy to find an even playing field either.
(fake edit: Current Ai is ok for games like Forza, where you have rewind and it's just an uneven-silly "get first in 3 laps" thing, and it's also good when you are an excellent racer that is fast and never flies off, but if you're an average guy like me, AI is either too good or it is slow in unrealistic, un-fun and inhuman in not convincing ways. Developers should take a look at the driving styles of people from vastly different skill levels and how their lap times come to be and develop different Ai behaviors and lines... and also give the player lots of customization options for the Ai, ideally I'd want to build a pool Ai drivers on my own that I can pull from when making a short a championship. A bit like when editing players in a football manager sim... personality traits and temperaments, skill and style).

I'm a mess. My thought is that everyone should have at least one of theses sims set up in there home. They are great means of practice for real car control when you might discover that there is really not that much difference between the two.

Bikes for mine have to be the best form. Good coming from years of racing with cars. I race both forms at least twice a day.

The damage was done about after my 300th race with cars when I felt a sort of serenity seem to instill into my persona. Everything I did seemed easy. Skills from the speed and fixing that in the end speed up totally your whole thought process, decision making, etc.

They're great.

Father of 2...7 & 5, night shift worker at the airport 1530-0210 4 on 4 off.

Being on the west coast of canada the old RD race starts were perfect for me as I could get in a race or two before work 4-5 times a week and practice daily for an hr or two. Since the change I think ive been able to do 2 RD races in the past 8 months :(

I own all the sims....simply due to looking for a title with a good online community to race with but the reality is at 3am when I get home the online sim racing community is non existant.
So now I just pick a combo...usually ones that RD are running that week and work on a tune for an hr or 2 daily.

Majority of my time these days is spent in PC2 with the Rally X content hot lapping and career mode with some Raceroom testing on the side.

This last week I was given a DK2 kit so 99% of my racing time this week has been spent tweaking and trying to get titles to perform well. When it does work its simply amazing!!! But its a PITA and an absolute power hog....really looking forward to the next gen of vr and building a new pc for sim racing. :)

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 25 24.8%
  • More leagues

Votes: 22 21.8%
  • Prizes

Votes: 20 19.8%
  • Trophies

Votes: 10 9.9%
  • Forum trophies

Votes: 6 5.9%