Have Your Say: How Often Do You Race?

Not as much as I'd like, but eyes get tired very quickly. Maybe 2-3 hours every 2 days between Automobilista and Assetto Corsa. But I used to race iRacing every day online. But Work and family life finally put and end to iRacing.
But now that they will bring AI racing into it, I may just get back into it. Really want to see what the quality of AI will be.

What I use to do all day, now takes all day to do:p
There was a time when I spent up to 8hrs a day in the rig, but Ive slowed with age, so I'm not as enthusiastic as I was, plus there's so many young aliens:alien: online who are incredibly fast, makes me wonder if it might be time to hang up the virtual helmet:notworthy:

Jesus H....................some of you guys play games more hours than I work.:confused:
I wish I had the time but between work and family I have to ration my time. I also have other interests though (real trackdays and Motorbikes) and they are arguably more important to me if not more expensive too.:)
For me Sim racing is a pastime. An occasional treat to wind away an hour or two. Same for my other computer flight sims, space sims etc.

Jesus H....................some of you guys play games more hours than I work.:confused:
I wish I had the time but between work and family I have to ration my time. I also have other interests though (real trackdays and Motorbikes) and they are arguably more important to me if not more expensive too.:)
For me Sim racing is a pastime. An occasional treat to wind away an hour or two. Same for my other computer flight sims, space sims etc.
Sounds like real life is far more fun mate:thumbsup:

I spend more time at Barbagallo marshaling etc than I do sim racing these days:D, and the 2018 seasons just starting to kick off. Was at the track all day Sunday for race tuning day, I'm back there Wednesday for members tuning day, Ive got flag marshal duties for a Night-masters event this Saturday 10am to 10pm, Grid marshal duties for the Outlaw drift series on Sunday 7am to 5pm. Then there's getting stuff done around the house during the week.....keeps the missus happy;), and I'm trying to put time into building my Hyundai Excel cup car:thumbsup:, very slow going atm. I'm finding sleeps fast becoming a rare commodity, if only I was 20yrs younger I could get by on 6hrs sleep:rolleyes::roflmao:

I usually race about 3-4 hours a day. I love doing the Daytona 500 and the Indy 500 in Project Cars 2. Now I just need an HTC Vive and ill have the maximum immersion.

Varies for me... I sometimes pop home for lunch and get a quick half hour in while it's quiet a couple of times a week. But my racing is mostly done in stints of about an hour maybe three evenings a week and perhaps a bit longer on a Saturday preparing for the coming weekends race with the guys over at the Xbox area. We race every Sunday night for a couple of hours alternating between F1 2017 classics (until the new F1 season starts) and Assetto (car and track chosen by one of us for each race).

Thursdays have typically been reserved for Dirt Rally for a while now where I am taking part in a league which has a Thursday midnight deadline for submitting your result for the week's stages.

I used to enjoy hot-lapping in Assetto for a cross platform challenge over on the Assetto forums but haven't had the time to do that for quite a while now.

According to Steam, I have put in the following hours since Jan 01st.

Assetto Corsa: 151 hours
Automobilista: 4 hours
Race Room: 3 hours
F1-2017: 5 hours

Which, now I look at it is pretty scary! Especially as that's not counting iRacing.

But I tend to make a couple of hours every day to race, more at the weekends. But I tend to wake up early and hit the Sim in the wee small hours, that way it's not such an anti-social pastime!

Not as much as I'd like to. 5-6 hours weekly but only online. I have a dilemma to share regarding this subject. I have a rig, with a ps4 playing GT Sport nowdays, cause I like the multi of it. It would be awesome to race online in VR, but Sony and Polyphony Digital have failed us and have not fulfilled they promise, so no online multiplayer in PSVR. Assetto Corsa would be nice, but there is no hope for PSVR support. The reason I dont want to invest in a PC is the lack of time a PC consumes to get everything done in order to work things properly. If I play I have max 1 hour, so no time for complicated setups, only a quick race or two, that's it. So would you guys go the PC route or stay with PS4 accepting that there is a little hope to have a proper online sim in VR. After having some time in Dirt Rally and Driveclub in VR, it is really hard to go back to flatscreen.

I run in 2 online series; CFEG WSCC and WCSLeague Mégane Trophy. Each one races every two weeks. Other than that, every day.

Last edited:

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 348 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 241 10.7%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 241 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 177 7.9%
  • < 5 years