Have Your Say: How Often Do You Race?

I work form home so can steal the odd hour during the day, just have random blasts.
Then at night sometimes have few hours if its Sim racing systems or just simply hot lapping etc.
Fridays i try to do a racedept Mazda race, then every other sat i race in a Ginetta championship.

I have got more involved with online recently. I'd say i average about 2 hours a day.

If i say it is a hobby, which i firmly believe it is, then no different to spending time doing anything. I could be wasting away my days down the pub away from my family etc.

Its far far better than disappearing off to do track days or whatever and much better value...

I don't drink and have young kids so i love the fact i have something i adore but it keeps me closer to my kids and is great value.

Far far worse things i could be doing, if i ever feel a bit odd about it i remind myself there are people spending hours and hours online gambling and splashing hundreds in a mind numbing addiction...i'm glad my addiction is sim racing...

Lets just say i don't wanna look at my hours on steam in 2 weeks.

And yeah, Mainly AC, But also couple hours weekly of practicing for RDTCC in R3E and the league races in it

I mainly don't race against others, in any sim(iR, AC, RRE, rF2, ATM, pC2 etc), I almost only drive be myself with different tracks/cars* and so on. I've always done that, over 20 years already. Of course in arcade games there's races against ai needed to get stuff.

*it still usually nurb and then like 5-10 different cars in a row to find out speed differencies etc. And this few times a week.

Been sim racing since the rf days some 15 years now I guess. Back then I ran the USF1 League strictly F1 cars with a great group of drivers. Since then some health issues tossed a crimp into things and just when I got healthy again business really started to grow so now I travel too mush to commit to racing during the week and weekends are tougher as the wife is always hunting me down. lol.

But I still keep up with the sims getting lap time in about an a few hours a week and if I can find prep time I'll jump into a race here or else where but seems to rare these days and that sucks.

Another issue these days is like some have already said....too many good sims. I wont climb into rf2 anymore since AC,R3E,and PC2 have come along and stepped it up. Plus I keep messing around with IRacing why i dont know but I do. For me its mostly PC2 and Raceroom. But either way I wish I could just settle on one and get back to racing every other week in sound league.

And oh isn't GTR 3 on the way......:cry:

Probably for me, around 2 hours a day. I do a lot more recording career mode in F1 2017 for my YouTube channel that what I do online racing nowadays. Playing F1 2017 online is a no no but pCARS 2 is great fun although I don't play it as much as I'd like to. I do tend to jump in AC and just do some laps in classic F1 cars - My top pick at the moment is the 1996 Ferrari F310.

My setup makes it very hard for me to not find time to play...

IMG_1544b-small.jpg

I also just upgraded my audio in and out, I now have the AKG K52 studio headset and this lovely little podcaster from Rode.

IMG_1777-small.jpg

Thanks,
Iain.

Mostly I just enjoy taking on the AI or cruising about; I usually pick up at least some racing game once a day. As far as playing against actual opponents, I usually only get to do that in person, so that's a good few months in between.

every single day. my main computer seat IS my race seat so all I have to do is connect the wheel to my csw, plop on the rift, and away i go. usually ill either run a race with ai or jump online to a trackday/freeroam server.

About 5 hours a day on weekends, I would love to race more but unfortunately I have to catch up on school and studies. If I have a day on the weekday though, usually 2 hours.

I just got back into it after not racing for months. I did a small upgrades to my racing sim PC and a few days later the power supply started to **** itself, so I had to order a new one. Now I'm another week behind.

Far from how often I'd like to.
Every sim has these flaws that keep pushing me away. For AC it's the AI which can't keep up after half of the first lap and the RD races which start way too late for me. PC2's AI is a mess even after yesterday's update and its multiplayer and esport scene is already dead and buried (can one say it was even alive at some point ?). R3E graphics and ffb just don't seem to go right for me as my driving is an absolute mess. I'm starting to regret purchasing a cockpit considering how little use it's gonna get. Maybe this isn't for me anymore... :(
Drive drunk! you'll be much slower and have another hobby too

Father of 2...7 & 5, night shift worker at the airport 1530-0210 4 on 4 off.

Being on the west coast of canada the old RD race starts were perfect for me as I could get in a race or two before work 4-5 times a week and practice daily for an hr or two. Since the change I think ive been able to do 2 RD races in the past 8 months :(

I own all the sims....simply due to looking for a title with a good online community to race with but the reality is at 3am when I get home the online sim racing community is non existant.
So now I just pick a combo...usually ones that RD are running that week and work on a tune for an hr or 2 daily.

Majority of my time these days is spent in PC2 with the Rally X content hot lapping and career mode with some Raceroom testing on the side.

This last week I was given a DK2 kit so 99% of my racing time this week has been spent tweaking and trying to get titles to perform well. When it does work its simply amazing!!! But its a PITA and an absolute power hog....really looking forward to the next gen of vr and building a new pc for sim racing. :)
David you should check out the Aussie RD event times. It sounds like they may fit well for you.
Here is an example of yesterday’s event for you to consider the timing.
http://www.racedepartment.com/threads/special-event-flat6-series-road-atlanta-sun-11feb18.146649/

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 322 15.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 222 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 214 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 165 7.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 281 13.5%