RasmusP

Premium
February 2024 Update:
Please don't read this thread. I know Google will show it, but it's old and filled with partly wrong information from me.
Just use my LUT package instead:
http://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/rasmusps-lut-guide-for-g27-29-and-dfgt.16799/

-------------- Don't read this! --------------

Older edit: After almost everyone prefers the LUT-Configuration, I created a Lut-only Thread with all my LUTs attached in a zip-file in the Download-Area here at Racedepartment.
Have a look:
http://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/rasmusps-lut-guide-for-g27-29-and-dfgt.16799/

Original post:
Hello everyone,
I know there are a lot of settings and guides online for "the perfect settings" but after I spent about 30 hours searching and trying, I really found MY best settings.
They are a combination of different guides (but with the "GAMMA-option" in use) that I will name right now and first:

Really nice and complete Guide on Assetto Corsa Forum
Reddit Thread where my adventure began (and where I got the Link above)
FFB Deadzone Fix Logitech G27
Guide for LUT Generator (can't recommend it but helped me understanding)

EDIT: I thought the LUT was what gave me my perfect feeling BUT IT WAS THE TYPE=GAMMA, not a LUT so I rewrote that whole Guide:

EDIT2: I found out how to write a LUT yourself so I did it and the result is something similar to the gamma-setting BUT less compressed, smoother middle-transition and therefore BETTER! Here is the link to the post if you don't want to scroll down: LINK

TL: DR Lines:
1. Adjust InGame-settings and Profiler G27_AC_InGame_andProfiler.JPG

2. Open the controls.ini:
you find this ini in: "C:\Users\%username%\Documents\Assetto Corsa\cfg\controls.ini"
set MIN_FF=0.04, CENTER_BOOST_GAIN=1.3, CENTER_BOOST_RANGE=0.001G27_AC_controlsINI_FF.JPG

open the assetto_corsa.ini:
you find this ini in: "%...%\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\assettocorsa\system\cfg\assetto_corsa.ini"
set ENABLE_GYRO=1, DAMPER_MIN_LEVEL=0.0, DAMPER_GAIN=0.7G27_AC_assetto_corsaINI_FF.JPG

open the ff_post_process.ini
you find this ini in: "C:\Users\%username%\Documents\Assetto Corsa\cfg\ff_post_process.ini"
set VERSION=1, TYPE=GAMMA, ENABLED=1, VALUE=0.5, CURVE=%doesn't matter%G27_AC_ff_post_processINI_GAMMA.JPG

5. HAVE FUN

6. additional:

- Logitech Profiler:
- overall: 100
- spring: 0
- damper: 0
- untick center spring, NO combined pedals, 900° rotation, TICK "allow game to adjust settings"

- AC InGame:
- Gain: 50% [depends on your wheel but for my G27 it is 50%. 75-125% InCAR]
- Filter: 0
- Min Force: 4%
- kerb, road, slip: 0
- understeer: untick
- Steering Settings: gamma 1, filter 0, sensivity 0!!

For those who want a detailed guide:

After I read very very much about all seen and all hidden settings in Assetto Corsa, I tried everything out, but one of these things was always bothering me:

1. you have a huge dead zone
2. your wheel oszillates
3. deadzone ok but no smooth transition at center
4. just too much force

The solution for me was the GAMMA-setting in the ff_post_process.ini!
Combined with the dampening-setting, the Gyro-setting, the min_force and the Center_Boost!
Short version of what this settings do:
To get rid of the Deadzone you need to combine the very little center-boost with the min-force. But then you will have a little bump in the middle because they have a "hard cut" at zero-force.
If you enable the GAMMA-setting this hard-cut will be transformed into a curve, just like the FFB-Output from Assetto Corsa will get compressed to a curve where little forces are boosted and the high forces are lowered.
Here are a few pictures of that:

1. Wheelcheck Result:G27_Wheelcheck_Result.JPG
2. How the AC-FFB has to be alternated:G27_AC_Wheelcheck_andHanddrawed.JPG G27_AC_HowFFBWouldAlternated.JPG

3. All these settings combined:G27_AC_FinalCurvePP.JPG

So you get rid of the deadzone but don't get an oscillating wheel! [Plus you feel more details.]

The Settings in detail:
1. controls.ini:G27_AC_controlsINI_FF.JPGG27_AC_WhatDoesCenterBoostPP.JPG
you find this ini in: "C:\Users\%username%\Documents\Assetto Corsa\cfg\controls.ini"

- Filter=0: This should eliminate FFB-spikes but for me it seems like it just kills little details but does not really smoothes out! So let it on 0!

- MIN_FF=0: That means, that the "zero force" is still zero force, theoretically it's THE setting to get rid of the deadzone BUT I experienced, that you need to get up to 17% for the G27 and then don't have a deadzone anymore but case 2.: your wheel oscillates.
If you go down to about 12% you have case 3.: the deadzone is still there, but little. Problem: it doesn't feel nice... 0 Force in the Deadzone and then BAM, FORCE.
My thought about that:
The "MIN FORCE" doesn't have a "Curve" for the lowest force. It just does a hard cut which ends up in my experienced results. (See Picture above: 3. combined)

- CENTER_BOOST_GAIN: In the Guide "FFB Deadzone Fix for Logitech G27 1.2" this setting is used.
Explanation: If you imagine the Wheel, the FFB begins at a little bit right and left from the center-> "deadzone". That is because the force that IS THERE, IN THE CENTER, is too low for your wheel.
This setting BOOSTS the FFB in the RANGE of "CENTER_BOOST_RANGE"

- CENTER_BOOST_RANGE: as mentioned, this is the range of the boost that applies on the FFB FROM THE CENTER. Theoretically you just need to "Boost the deadzone away". But this does not work, I tried EVERYTHING!! (combined with GAMMA this transforms to a "curve"!)

I combined this 3 settings in every possibility but you have always ONE problem: the "center transition" as in "you steer from left to right" gets a BUMP in the middle, because of the boost.
I tried to lower the boost, widen the range, give a little more MIN_FORCE. But nope, you always gets this unrealistic "center-bump". (so you need the GAMMA!)

I have to give the author much credit, it is a really nice setting but it's just not enough for me.

2. assetto_corsa.iniG27_AC_assetto_corsaINI_FF.JPG
you find this ini in: "%...%\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\assettocorsa\system\cfg\assetto_corsa.ini"

- FF_SKIP_STEPS=0: If set to 1, you get half of the FFB-Refresh-Rate. So if you have a decent hardware, go with 0! Some people get an error on servers because their CPU is too weak. Then go with 1. It doesn't make a HUGE difference, but the more FF-Inputs, the better, right? :p

- ENABLE_GYRO=1: Honestly, I don't understand this settings but it smoothens the wheel without taking away important informations!
If you read about that setting: It is for Direct Drive Wheels as the Logitech G27 (not belt drive like Thrustmaster for example) and interprets "the wheel as a Gyro on certain speeds".
If your wheel is a little bit "shaky" overall or oscillates: go with 1!

- DAMPER_MIN_LEVEL=0.0: This means, that the InGame dampening (a few versions ago there was a slider?!) is OFF, when the Engine says the damper to be zero. If you increase this settings, your dampening will ALWAYS BE ON, even if the engine does NOT give the input for it.

- DAMPER_GAIN=1.0: That is simple. If the engine gives the input to dampen the FFB-Signal, it is indeed dampened. For my G27 I like it on 0.7 but if your wheel feels a little "numb" you can lower or even deactivate it. I find my wheel too shaky when on 0.0!
Sidenote: ALWAYS USE THIS SETTINGS FOR DAMPENING, NOT THE LOGITECH PROFILER DAMPENING!!!

3. ff_post_process.iniG27_AC_ff_post_processINI_GAMMA.JPG
you find this ini in: "C:\Users\%username%\Documents\Assetto Corsa\cfg\ff_post_process.ini"

- Version=1: No idea, just leave it!

- TYPE=GAMMA: I don't know how it works exactly but it is THE setting that got me stunning! I drawed a Curve about how it feels for me and it makes sense but honestly: no idea...
Here is the picture:G27_AC_WhatDoesGammaPP.JPG

- VALUE=0.5: Well in one guide the author tells you "it is on 1 at mine, no idea, just leave it" BUT IT IS IMPORTANT!
It determines how strong the FFB gets "compressed". So on 1.0 it does NOTHING, on 0.1 you feel absolutely no details, it's like ultra-power-steering.
For me about 0.5 is the optimum for having details but no deadzone.
THIS IS THE SETTING THAT ELIMINATES MY DEADZONE AND LET IT FEEL REAL!
What is important here: you have to lower the global FFB in order to have "normal forces". The lower the value, the lower your global FFB! If you put VALUE=0.1 and global FFB on 100% you get broken arms for sure... :p

- CURVE=%doesn't matter, not active%": Well this is just the settings to take the correct LUT. BUT: I don't use a LUT and I can't recommend it with the G27. Tried it and it was just awful!
IF you want to activate a LUT you have to change TYPE=LUT (thanks to Ross Garland for giving me that info!)

Conclusion:
I know that was a lot and I know it's not perfect but maybe it will help you with your settings and increase the fun you have with Assetto Corsa.
I switched over from Project Cars but was so mad with my wheel that I thought about buying another one. The Deadzone was so annoying but the graphics, sound and gameplay were better and I really wanted that game to get working!

This is just a wrap up from other people's posts and guides but I didn't find a guide here, where you don't need to login to the Assetto Corsa Forum or even there, where all these settings are packed up so you can just read it down and get your settings.
And most importantly: I nowhere found any mention of this GAMMA-setting in the ff_post_process.ini so alone for that setting I wrote that all down.

I made this post to give all searching souls another thing to try and hope this makes even a few people happy :)

Let me know if it helped you!

Kind Regards,
Rasmus

Last edited:
The rotations are a bit strange. I use real head motion and only one monitor with a FOV of 47°.
When I turn my logitech wheel about 90° the ingame head tilts slightly to the left and in theory the ingame wheel should turn 90° too.
But it doesn't LOOK like it does so I just played around with the degrees until they matched perfectly. I could probably find a fitting value for 900° too but never change a running system :p

The "turn too much problem": are your virtual wheel and the real wheel in sync? If yes, blame Kunos :)
In AC you sadly don't have a steering lock setup so all cars are like they did them. With different steering locks and we have to get used to them :(

In theory you could do a workaround and hide the virtual wheel and just change the max degrees of the real wheel in the logitech profiler.

BUT that would alter the FFB strength, the LUT etc etc.
If you use 450° in the profiler instead of 900°, the overall FFB will be compressed with factor 2. The wheel will go crazy and you would have to adjust all the settings :(

The little off-setting I use doesn't really matter. It's like 2-3% different forces. But greater values would indeed matter a lot!

Okay, thank you for the fast reply.
Haven't tried out the real head motion mod but i will do that.

The virtual wheel is in sync for the first 450 degrees but then goes a bit out of sync.

Okay, thank you for the fast reply.
Haven't tried out the real head motion mod but i will do that.

The virtual wheel is in sync for the first 450 degrees but then goes a bit out of sync.
If you need help with real head motion at some point just ask :)
To the async: same for me.. So I played around with both sliders until it matched more or less perfectly for my point of view over the whole range! :p

@RasmusP Thanks again for helping sim racers to have more fun. :thumbsup::cool:

A quick question regarding your LUT guide for G27/29 and DFGT 1.1:

For a DFGT, the AC In-Game Gain should be 100%, yes?
Thanks for the kudos :)
for the DFGT the settings should be exactly the same as for the G25/27/29.
So yeah, 100% with the dfgt lut!

The only difference is the different dead zone around the center so you need a different LUT, but not a different ffb strength :)

Hi Im wondering if i could get some help. I have a dfgt and having alot of issues and im kinda new to all this so im so confused.
Basically ive spent the past 10 hours and ive only have 12 hours in the game so ive been tweaking alot and cant get my dfgt right its one thing or another.
First issue is when going very slow im getting bad vibrations on the wheel and if i let go wheel shakes few degress left right then when braking im getting very heavy knocks and jutters on the wheel also when turning i get some bad knocks on wheel then when going fast if i let go car starts going left right then spins out.
I own pcars 1 and 2 and few f1 games and have never had anything like this happen and its utterly driving me crazy.
Ive did the wheelcheck and LUT stuff not sure if did correctly or dont know what to be looking for done all the other tweaks and just cant get it smooth any help would be appreached please.

Hi thanks for the reply. Yes my settings are the same. Ive kinda got rid of few of my issues tho still having one which i cant get rid of. Its a weird knocking on the wheel and very hard jolts thats the best way i can describe it. I did a min force test and it said 9.5% (950) not sure what that means and also would i need to do anymore test or upload my wheelcheck picture to give you more info.

So it seems as though the problem is due to Wheelcheck and/or the Lut file alteration. (If the problem persists, you might have to reinstall the Logitech software and your wheel.)

The minimum force test basically measures your wheel's (in)sensitivity. If a particular FFB signal is too low to make the wheel respond, that particular instruction, like a bump in the road or slippage, will not be replicated and so you miss vital information. But ignore that for the moment.

Did you run the correct Wheelcheck test? It should be "Step 2 (linear force test)". Set "Max Count" to 50 before running it.

Ive took everthing i did off by redownloading it so reset everything. And its 80% there i get really nice feedback when car is losing grip and losing control ect. But that bad knocking is still there when turning corners i get very hard jolts also dont know if its a feature but when hitting high speed wheel vibrates like crazy and is pretty hard to keep in straight line. My AC settings are 80% gain everything else is zero my logitech profile is same as yours. I will try your LUT file and see how that goes. And yes i done a wheelcheck tho dont really know what im meant to be looking for or if its right. And it is nice gives me hope for mankind lol and its much appreached for all the help :)

Ive took everthing i did off by redownloading it so reset everything. And its 80% there i get really nice feedback when car is losing grip and losing control ect. But that bad knocking is still there when turning corners i get very hard jolts also dont know if its a feature but when hitting high speed wheel vibrates like crazy and is pretty hard to keep in straight line. My AC settings are 80% gain everything else is zero my logitech profile is same as yours. I will try your LUT file and see how that goes. And yes i done a wheelcheck tho dont really know what im meant to be looking for or if its right. And it is nice gives me hope for mankind lol and its much appreached for all the help :)
Just a little info on that:
Redownloading doesn't always mean that your Assetto Corsa in your documents (which contains all these files) got deleted too!
Or what exactly did you delete and redownloaded? :)

Report back when you tried my LUT or have a question!

i just unistalled if from steam then went into my drive and found the Assetto Corsa file and deleted it then went into documents and deleted the Assetto corsa file there then just redownloaded it through steam. And yes will do am going to go on it soon for a bit of testing. One question were do i put the Lut file is it in Assetto Corsa in my drive under steamapps or Assetto corsa in documents as when i put it in one the other one doesnt change and stays to the default crazy one so this might be were i was going wrong i might have been tweaking the wrong settings.

Perfectly deleted it all :p

The LUT and the ff_post_process.ini need to be in the my documents/assetto corsa/cfg folder. The cfg folder under steamapps is just the default backup but doesn't do anything! :)

Remember to not only put the lut in but also check if the names match in the ff_post_process.ini

Tried the set up and seems good still getting vibrations when sitting still but can live with that. Only thing is i cant find these settings ENABLE_GYRO=0, DAMPER_MIN_LEVEL=0.0, DAMPER_GAIN=0.0.
I dont know if them settings have changed with recent updates but i just cant seem to find them. And ive set the gain to 50% can i go higher as i like a strong feedback for drifting or am i best leaving it at 50%. Also seen about setting the FF skip steps from 0 to 1 to make the wheel run on higher mhz would this be reccommened to do on my wheel or is that just for better wheels. And thanks for that file and help looking forward to gaming Assetto corsa this weekend:D

Tried the set up and seems good still getting vibrations when sitting still but can live with that. Only thing is i cant find these settings ENABLE_GYRO=0, DAMPER_MIN_LEVEL=0.0, DAMPER_GAIN=0.0.
I dont know if them settings have changed with recent updates but i just cant seem to find them. And ive set the gain to 50% can i go higher as i like a strong feedback for drifting or am i best leaving it at 50%. Also seen about setting the FF skip steps from 0 to 1 to make the wheel run on higher mhz would this be reccommened to do on my wheel or is that just for better wheels. And thanks for that file and help looking forward to gaming Assetto corsa this weekend:D
steam/steamapps/common/assettocorsa/system/cfg/assetto_corsa.ini

As Ian said, it's in another file :)

The vibrations when standing still is the price you pay for a nice feel on the straights. It's the very first value in the LUT. If you want less vibrations, just lower this value a bit. But only the very very first!
0.00 | 0.xxx

Regarding the strong FFB: Seems like you use the newest LUT where I state to only use 50% in AC.
The problem is that this LUT already reaches the maximum Torque the Logitech wheel can produce. But if you want to test it just go on Track and press the + or - on the Numpad to adjust the FFB only for that car, on that track so you don't mess with the settings in general.

You will notice that after some point the FFB you feel in your hands won't get any stronger. It just reaches the maximum earlier and clips. So you have the impression of a stronger FFB but in fact you just lose details :(

I've checked and doubled checked i def dont have the Corsa.ini file all the other ff settings and tweaks were under the steam/steamapps/common/assettocorsa/system/cfg/Controls. And in my Assetto corsa files there is nothing called corsa.ini. Im using the dfgt Lut file you recommended and found at 50% it was bit weak when trying to figure what way the car wants to go so put up to 80% and feels ok but if its going to cause issues i will put back to 50%. Im using the ffb clip app and its not went over the red once. And its not so much standing still its when going about 5 mph it vibrates like mad but i can cope with that not really planning on going that slow anyway. Thanks for the help people im actually getting to enjoy this great game now and my dfgt has came alive now and feels great especially on rally cross.:D

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back