• Goodbye Dan Gurney, and thanks for the memories...
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Follow RaceDepartment also on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Twitch, Steam and / or YouTube.

Guide for G27 (and other wheels) configuration

Discussion in 'Assetto Corsa' started by RasmusP, Apr 12, 2017.

1. Gaudin

Gaudin
    Premium

Ratings:
    +67
    Had that rattling problem once, the logitech profiler set it's global settings by himself to 100% on everything, tuned down damper and springs to zero again, and all was fine - hope this helps

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. RasmusP

RasmusP
    AC Stuff and G27 help Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +900
    Sorry man I'm not on the computer and on my way to sleep now :(
    Make sure that the value is =1.0 in the ff_post_process.ini.
    Also only 100% in the logitech Profiler.
    Do you have ffb clip or something installed?
    Please go on a track, move the cursor to the right for the app list and activate the ffb app. It's the one with the wheel icon.
    The number there should be 100!

If you still have the problem I think your minimum ffb is not at zero. It would match the vibration in the center!
    Go to the wheel settings in the game, navigate to the section with the ffb slider and where the kerb, road and slip sliders are too.
    There you find the minimum ffb slider!
    It has a range from 0 to 25 I think. Put that to 0!

I hope that helps :)

3. Arnej

Arnej

Ratings:
    +0
    yes! the vibration is gone, but Is still very hard, is lighter in the middle and suddenly hard extremely hard.

4. RasmusP

RasmusP

Ratings:
    +900
    Glad at least the vibration is gone :)
    To the problem that it's hard: it's meant to simulate a real race car. They are that hard :(
    For comparison: the logitech G27 is maximum capable of around 2 Newtonmeters. A real indy car has around 17 Newtonmeters in some situations.
    May I ask if, and if yes what car, you ever drove a real car near it's grip limit?

Another problem with the G27 is that if you lower the ffb, you will lose details and you will get this dead zone around the center.
    So there isn't really a choice of settings with the G27. Either you take it how it works, or it won't be accurate any more at all :(
    But if it's really too hard for you, just lower the overall ffb strength from 100 back to 75 or something and see how it is :)

• Like Like x 1
  5. Arnej

Arnej

Ratings:
    +0
    "I ask if, and if yes what car, you ever drove a real car near it's grip limit?"
    Mmmm yes, but no a racing car lol, You are right, thanks dude! :inlove:

• Love Love x 1
  6. Arnej

Arnej

Ratings:
    +0
    Hello Rasmus, me again :redface:, I could use the steering wheel as I like, but what was not right now, I do not feel anything in a straight line, for example with KTM X-Bow R on Magione the back straight have small bumps, and I can not feel anything, I tried to change the minimum force 0% to 50% and nothing change same with gain, and nothing change, you have any idea? thanks again again and again :laugh:

7. RasmusP

RasmusP

Ratings:
    +900
    Everything else is working "normal"?
    My guess would be to raise the gain in the FFB app while on Track. It saves the track+car combo so you don't screw up the settings. Raise it until it feels fine.
    You use my LUT? If yes, don't touch the minimum FFB slider, it screws up the LUT :)

8. Arnej

Arnej

Ratings:
    +0
    Yes. i use your LUT, everything else working "normal", is only when driving in line rect, I read, that in mangione with the KTW, you should feel the jumps in the steering wheel, even if it goes in a straight line. I already raised the profit and it still does not change.

http://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/i...ack-wheel-using-wheelcheck-and-ffbclip.14319/

Point 1.c

9. RasmusP

RasmusP

Ratings:
    +900
    I don't want to say something negative about WheelCheck or ffbclip but both didn't work for me in any way!
    They are great tools to get information about the wheel but the "technically perfect settings" feel like absolute garbage on my g27 :(
    My lut is the default ffb how Kunos programmed it. It just eliminates the deadzone in a very defined way I came up with over many hours.
    If you touch the min ffb slider, the lut gets transformed in a way it doesn't make sense.

So to feel more details, or better said: if you want to feel low forces stronger, you need to raise the overall ffb.
    Best way to do that is to raise the overall slider in the logitech profiler. Raising the overall gain in the game could cause clipping.

But in the end it could also be the case that the G27 just can't deliver these small bumps because it doesn't have enough dynamic between high and low forces :(

10. Gaudin

Gaudin
    Premium

Ratings:
    +67
    After yesterday's update, my wheel rattles more than normal whilst breaking and ABS usage - did they change something? Changed nothing on my side, same settings as before the update.

11. RasmusP

RasmusP

Ratings:
    +900
    Just testing it!
    So at ABS at 100 you will get a massive rattle when the ABS kicks in!
    I guess a few percent should do the job at the G27 :)
    The rest is the same as usual.
    So your old settings would be with ABS slider at "0". Just test for your self :)

I have it at 10% at the moment. It gives this kind of vibration like you get into your foot when braking into ABS with a real car!

12. Gaudin

Gaudin
    Premium

Ratings:
    +67
    I just found the option in the settings while not using content manager, it's missing there I think, it was set to 27%, trying now with 10 - thanks as always!

• Like Like x 1
  13. Fernando Deutsch

Fernando Deutsch
    Premium

Ratings:
    +270
    Exactly the same to me after the update with my G27. How do you guys fixed the rattle? Is not clear to me.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Gaudin

Gaudin
    Premium

Ratings:
    +67
    There is a new option in the Controllers FFB section, just lower that Value ABS and it should be good

ABS FFB.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  15. RasmusP

RasmusP

Ratings:
    +900
    Also if you are on the track you can activate the force Feedback app. Move the cursor to the right side and click in the icon with the steering wheel.
    Now you have the car multiplicator for overall ffb and below that the effects sliders, with abs included :)

• Like Like x 1
  16. Arnej

Arnej

Ratings:
    +0
    Hello Rasmus, today i was driving the Ferrari 312/67 on nurburgring, and my ffb is horrible in my g27, and other cars too for example Porsche 911 Carrera RSR in any track off course, you feel a horrible tremor when you turn in the curves, Do you know anything about it, does it happen to you? tired of the assetto and his ffb :thumbsdown:

17. RasmusP

RasmusP

Ratings:
    +900
    Hi!
    Go on track, open the ffb app (little wheel icon) and have a look at the sliders.
    You have the overall, car specific, ffb strength.

Then you have the slips, road, curbs and abs sliders.
    Maybe your slips slider is really high and you get understeering with that car? Would be my first thought.

If it's not the slips slider, turn down every of the red sliders and see if it's one of them (not the overall slider of course) :)

18. Arnej

Arnej

Ratings:
    +0
    get down all the things and still the same, if under the strength of ffb is still feeling, at least I leave it at 0, cars of gt3, gt4 are well, this game outweighs me day lol

19. Tastaturri

Tastaturri

Ratings:
    +0
    At first thank you for the detailed guid!

But i have one question abou the steering wheel rotation: So in the logitech-driver you set it to 865° but ingame to 838°. How did you come up with this value?

Also it seems that i have to turn the wheel to much in some corners and somehow it feels unnatural compared to real driving. Maybe i'm the only one noticing that but it just doesn't seem "right" to me.

Edit: i used the settings for the profile and ingame from your LUT guide.

20. RasmusP

RasmusP

Ratings:
    +900
    The rotations are a bit strange. I use real head motion and only one monitor with a FOV of 47°.
    When I turn my logitech wheel about 90° the ingame head tilts slightly to the left and in theory the ingame wheel should turn 90° too.
    But it doesn't LOOK like it does so I just played around with the degrees until they matched perfectly. I could probably find a fitting value for 900° too but never change a running system :p

The "turn too much problem": are your virtual wheel and the real wheel in sync? If yes, blame Kunos :)
    In AC you sadly don't have a steering lock setup so all cars are like they did them. With different steering locks and we have to get used to them :(

In theory you could do a workaround and hide the virtual wheel and just change the max degrees of the real wheel in the logitech profiler.

BUT that would alter the FFB strength, the LUT etc etc.
    If you use 450° in the profiler instead of 900°, the overall FFB will be compressed with factor 2. The wheel will go crazy and you would have to adjust all the settings :(

The little off-setting I use doesn't really matter. It's like 2-3% different forces. But greater values would indeed matter a lot!