RasmusP

Premium
February 2024 Update:
Please don't read this thread. I know Google will show it, but it's old and filled with partly wrong information from me.
Just use my LUT package instead:
http://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/rasmusps-lut-guide-for-g27-29-and-dfgt.16799/

-------------- Don't read this! --------------

Older edit: After almost everyone prefers the LUT-Configuration, I created a Lut-only Thread with all my LUTs attached in a zip-file in the Download-Area here at Racedepartment.
Have a look:
http://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/rasmusps-lut-guide-for-g27-29-and-dfgt.16799/

Original post:
Hello everyone,
I know there are a lot of settings and guides online for "the perfect settings" but after I spent about 30 hours searching and trying, I really found MY best settings.
They are a combination of different guides (but with the "GAMMA-option" in use) that I will name right now and first:

Really nice and complete Guide on Assetto Corsa Forum
Reddit Thread where my adventure began (and where I got the Link above)
FFB Deadzone Fix Logitech G27
Guide for LUT Generator (can't recommend it but helped me understanding)

EDIT: I thought the LUT was what gave me my perfect feeling BUT IT WAS THE TYPE=GAMMA, not a LUT so I rewrote that whole Guide:

EDIT2: I found out how to write a LUT yourself so I did it and the result is something similar to the gamma-setting BUT less compressed, smoother middle-transition and therefore BETTER! Here is the link to the post if you don't want to scroll down: LINK

TL: DR Lines:
1. Adjust InGame-settings and Profiler G27_AC_InGame_andProfiler.JPG

2. Open the controls.ini:
you find this ini in: "C:\Users\%username%\Documents\Assetto Corsa\cfg\controls.ini"
set MIN_FF=0.04, CENTER_BOOST_GAIN=1.3, CENTER_BOOST_RANGE=0.001G27_AC_controlsINI_FF.JPG

open the assetto_corsa.ini:
you find this ini in: "%...%\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\assettocorsa\system\cfg\assetto_corsa.ini"
set ENABLE_GYRO=1, DAMPER_MIN_LEVEL=0.0, DAMPER_GAIN=0.7G27_AC_assetto_corsaINI_FF.JPG

open the ff_post_process.ini
you find this ini in: "C:\Users\%username%\Documents\Assetto Corsa\cfg\ff_post_process.ini"
set VERSION=1, TYPE=GAMMA, ENABLED=1, VALUE=0.5, CURVE=%doesn't matter%G27_AC_ff_post_processINI_GAMMA.JPG

5. HAVE FUN

6. additional:

- Logitech Profiler:
- overall: 100
- spring: 0
- damper: 0
- untick center spring, NO combined pedals, 900° rotation, TICK "allow game to adjust settings"

- AC InGame:
- Gain: 50% [depends on your wheel but for my G27 it is 50%. 75-125% InCAR]
- Filter: 0
- Min Force: 4%
- kerb, road, slip: 0
- understeer: untick
- Steering Settings: gamma 1, filter 0, sensivity 0!!

For those who want a detailed guide:

After I read very very much about all seen and all hidden settings in Assetto Corsa, I tried everything out, but one of these things was always bothering me:

1. you have a huge dead zone
2. your wheel oszillates
3. deadzone ok but no smooth transition at center
4. just too much force

The solution for me was the GAMMA-setting in the ff_post_process.ini!
Combined with the dampening-setting, the Gyro-setting, the min_force and the Center_Boost!
Short version of what this settings do:
To get rid of the Deadzone you need to combine the very little center-boost with the min-force. But then you will have a little bump in the middle because they have a "hard cut" at zero-force.
If you enable the GAMMA-setting this hard-cut will be transformed into a curve, just like the FFB-Output from Assetto Corsa will get compressed to a curve where little forces are boosted and the high forces are lowered.
Here are a few pictures of that:

1. Wheelcheck Result:G27_Wheelcheck_Result.JPG
2. How the AC-FFB has to be alternated:G27_AC_Wheelcheck_andHanddrawed.JPG G27_AC_HowFFBWouldAlternated.JPG

3. All these settings combined:G27_AC_FinalCurvePP.JPG

So you get rid of the deadzone but don't get an oscillating wheel! [Plus you feel more details.]

The Settings in detail:
1. controls.ini:G27_AC_controlsINI_FF.JPGG27_AC_WhatDoesCenterBoostPP.JPG
you find this ini in: "C:\Users\%username%\Documents\Assetto Corsa\cfg\controls.ini"

- Filter=0: This should eliminate FFB-spikes but for me it seems like it just kills little details but does not really smoothes out! So let it on 0!

- MIN_FF=0: That means, that the "zero force" is still zero force, theoretically it's THE setting to get rid of the deadzone BUT I experienced, that you need to get up to 17% for the G27 and then don't have a deadzone anymore but case 2.: your wheel oscillates.
If you go down to about 12% you have case 3.: the deadzone is still there, but little. Problem: it doesn't feel nice... 0 Force in the Deadzone and then BAM, FORCE.
My thought about that:
The "MIN FORCE" doesn't have a "Curve" for the lowest force. It just does a hard cut which ends up in my experienced results. (See Picture above: 3. combined)

- CENTER_BOOST_GAIN: In the Guide "FFB Deadzone Fix for Logitech G27 1.2" this setting is used.
Explanation: If you imagine the Wheel, the FFB begins at a little bit right and left from the center-> "deadzone". That is because the force that IS THERE, IN THE CENTER, is too low for your wheel.
This setting BOOSTS the FFB in the RANGE of "CENTER_BOOST_RANGE"

- CENTER_BOOST_RANGE: as mentioned, this is the range of the boost that applies on the FFB FROM THE CENTER. Theoretically you just need to "Boost the deadzone away". But this does not work, I tried EVERYTHING!! (combined with GAMMA this transforms to a "curve"!)

I combined this 3 settings in every possibility but you have always ONE problem: the "center transition" as in "you steer from left to right" gets a BUMP in the middle, because of the boost.
I tried to lower the boost, widen the range, give a little more MIN_FORCE. But nope, you always gets this unrealistic "center-bump". (so you need the GAMMA!)

I have to give the author much credit, it is a really nice setting but it's just not enough for me.

2. assetto_corsa.iniG27_AC_assetto_corsaINI_FF.JPG
you find this ini in: "%...%\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\assettocorsa\system\cfg\assetto_corsa.ini"

- FF_SKIP_STEPS=0: If set to 1, you get half of the FFB-Refresh-Rate. So if you have a decent hardware, go with 0! Some people get an error on servers because their CPU is too weak. Then go with 1. It doesn't make a HUGE difference, but the more FF-Inputs, the better, right? :p

- ENABLE_GYRO=1: Honestly, I don't understand this settings but it smoothens the wheel without taking away important informations!
If you read about that setting: It is for Direct Drive Wheels as the Logitech G27 (not belt drive like Thrustmaster for example) and interprets "the wheel as a Gyro on certain speeds".
If your wheel is a little bit "shaky" overall or oscillates: go with 1!

- DAMPER_MIN_LEVEL=0.0: This means, that the InGame dampening (a few versions ago there was a slider?!) is OFF, when the Engine says the damper to be zero. If you increase this settings, your dampening will ALWAYS BE ON, even if the engine does NOT give the input for it.

- DAMPER_GAIN=1.0: That is simple. If the engine gives the input to dampen the FFB-Signal, it is indeed dampened. For my G27 I like it on 0.7 but if your wheel feels a little "numb" you can lower or even deactivate it. I find my wheel too shaky when on 0.0!
Sidenote: ALWAYS USE THIS SETTINGS FOR DAMPENING, NOT THE LOGITECH PROFILER DAMPENING!!!

3. ff_post_process.iniG27_AC_ff_post_processINI_GAMMA.JPG
you find this ini in: "C:\Users\%username%\Documents\Assetto Corsa\cfg\ff_post_process.ini"

- Version=1: No idea, just leave it!

- TYPE=GAMMA: I don't know how it works exactly but it is THE setting that got me stunning! I drawed a Curve about how it feels for me and it makes sense but honestly: no idea...
Here is the picture:G27_AC_WhatDoesGammaPP.JPG

- VALUE=0.5: Well in one guide the author tells you "it is on 1 at mine, no idea, just leave it" BUT IT IS IMPORTANT!
It determines how strong the FFB gets "compressed". So on 1.0 it does NOTHING, on 0.1 you feel absolutely no details, it's like ultra-power-steering.
For me about 0.5 is the optimum for having details but no deadzone.
THIS IS THE SETTING THAT ELIMINATES MY DEADZONE AND LET IT FEEL REAL!
What is important here: you have to lower the global FFB in order to have "normal forces". The lower the value, the lower your global FFB! If you put VALUE=0.1 and global FFB on 100% you get broken arms for sure... :p

- CURVE=%doesn't matter, not active%": Well this is just the settings to take the correct LUT. BUT: I don't use a LUT and I can't recommend it with the G27. Tried it and it was just awful!
IF you want to activate a LUT you have to change TYPE=LUT (thanks to Ross Garland for giving me that info!)

Conclusion:
I know that was a lot and I know it's not perfect but maybe it will help you with your settings and increase the fun you have with Assetto Corsa.
I switched over from Project Cars but was so mad with my wheel that I thought about buying another one. The Deadzone was so annoying but the graphics, sound and gameplay were better and I really wanted that game to get working!

This is just a wrap up from other people's posts and guides but I didn't find a guide here, where you don't need to login to the Assetto Corsa Forum or even there, where all these settings are packed up so you can just read it down and get your settings.
And most importantly: I nowhere found any mention of this GAMMA-setting in the ff_post_process.ini so alone for that setting I wrote that all down.

I made this post to give all searching souls another thing to try and hope this makes even a few people happy :)

Let me know if it helped you!

Kind Regards,
Rasmus

Last edited:
I've checked and doubled checked i def dont have the Corsa.ini file all the other ff settings and tweaks were under the steam/steamapps/common/assettocorsa/system/cfg/Controls. And in my Assetto corsa files there is nothing called corsa.ini. Im using the dfgt Lut file you recommended and found at 50% it was bit weak when trying to figure what way the car wants to go so put up to 80% and feels ok but if its going to cause issues i will put back to 50%. Im using the ffb clip app and its not went over the red once. And its not so much standing still its when going about 5 mph it vibrates like mad but i can cope with that not really planning on going that slow anyway. Thanks for the help people im actually getting to enjoy this great game now and my dfgt has came alive now and feels great especially on rally cross.:D
The DFGT LUT is intended to work at 100% FFB. Only the "NoClipButStronger_recommended" one needs 50% FFB!
So rack it up as much as you want ;) (well up to 100%)

To the noise: it might be the very very first value OR the dampening!
You really don't have this?:
btw: ff skip steps actually REDUCES the Hz of the wheel so let it be at 0! :)
upload_2017-11-3_15-55-52.png

upload_2017-11-3_15-56-32.png

I fell so dumb haha yes i finally found it:redface:.
I was going steam/steamapps/common/assettocorsa//cfg/assetto_corsa.ini i was missing the system part and just going to cfg thats why i wasn't seeing it. The damper gain was on 1.0 so changed it to 0.0. And happy days i will put that back upto 80% it felt nice there. Thanks again for all the help it really has transformed my wheel big time now.:)

Perfectly deleted it all :p

The LUT and the ff_post_process.ini need to be in the my documents/assetto corsa/cfg folder. The cfg folder under steamapps is just the default backup but doesn't do anything! :)

Remember to not only put the lut in but also check if the names match in the ff_post_process.ini
WHOA! i think this is the answer to all my problems!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I thought all along it was supposed to be in the steam apps folder!

The process might be a bit tedious but the reward makes it worthwhile. When I finally altered my LUT file correctly (I use the LUT Generator for AC 0.15 method), I drove on the Highlands Short circuit. Immediately it seemed as though I could feel the individual cobblestones, and I felt in control of the car. Since then, I have enjoyed AC very much with the good old DFGT.

The DFGT is my first wheel and only had month and was happy enough with it for 20 pound couldn't complain. But these tweaks has completey changed my mind about getting a newer or better wheel any time soon as this old dog has learnt new tricks and feels amazing now. Ohhh and forest stage 2 in the ford fiesta wrc with the Lut file and tweaks and handbrake set to the the down side shifter is absouletey out of this world and feels like im actually there were as before there wasn't much life to it. This is a absolute must do tweak for dfgt owners i believe and have sent the link to a friend so he can fully experience what the dfgt can do. Once again thanks for all the help:thumbsup:

This is a absolute must do tweak for dfgt owners i believe and have sent the link to a friend so he can fully experience what the dfgt can do. Once again thanks for all the help

I got a DFGT as new dirt cheap ($50.00usd), just wanted to try a wheel and didn't expect that much from it but with all these "tweaks" thanks to RasmusP, Stephen O'Sullivan and others I agree it's unbelievable how good it is.

And with the pedals I find if I only have bare feet or socks on they work fine, with shoes on they don't have the feedback.

I moved the LUT to the documents folder last night instead of the steam folder like @RasmusP suggested and i can't believe how much time I wasted trying to tweak settings to accompany my LUT with no change because the LUT was in the wrong folder :roflmao:. Took the NA MX-5 out on a few tracks and after a couple warm up laps with a single AI, I was decreasing my personal best every lap! Steering feel improved drastically, more details could be felt, it was a night and day difference! Thank you so much for putting in all the time and effort for us lower class wheel users to be able to enjoy good sim racing. Now I can actually enjoy AC for what it is instead of constantly exiting and re-entering the sim to see if i could actually feel what the car is doing. Before this I was 100% incapable of putting down a clean lap never mind a fast one. I am a happy G27 owner now and can just enter the sim and DRIVE!:D:D

My tip for anyone who has adjusted their DFGT Lut and is having a great time: try the Porsche 718 Spyder RS from the Porsche Pack 2 DLC (if you own it). It's a relatively slow car but it will do everything you tell it to. It's easy to get the rear gliding through corners and it straightens beautifully on exit. :cool:

I've tried this and it has absolutely killed my ffb, like I have none at all.
How do I go about getting back default wheel settings, short of deleting everything and reinstalling AC?

I've tried this and it has absolutely killed my ffb, like I have none at all.
How do I go about getting back default wheel settings, short of deleting everything and reinstalling AC?
Hi,
It's probably a wrong line in the ff_post_process.ini or your lut file.
You can delete both files and they will be restored with default values or you can go into the ff_post_process.ini and change "ENABLED=1" to "ENABLED=0", which disables this whole ini file :)

Or you could tell us what exactly you've done so we can help you :)

I am using Content Manager and the FFB Clip app with my G27. I decided to go over your original post and use the settings posted there. I have NOT tried a LUT yet though. Made a couple laps with the F2004 at Spa and during the second or third lap, it felt like the FFB settings changed without me actually doing anything. Is that something caused by the FFB Clip app? I have the dynamic setting unchecked. I'm now guessing I don't need to be using that app with your settings?

Also, is there anything different in CM that may be affecting it?

I am using Content Manager and the FFB Clip app with my G27. I decided to go over your original post and use the settings posted there. I have NOT tried a LUT yet though. Made a couple laps with the F2004 at Spa and during the second or third lap, it felt like the FFB settings changed without me actually doing anything. Is that something caused by the FFB Clip app? I have the dynamic setting unchecked. I'm now guessing I don't need to be using that app with your settings?

Also, is there anything different in CM that may be affecting it?
Cm doesn't so anything. If anything, it's more accurate and keeps the settings better! (steering animation degree, I look at you...)

But ffb clip (depending of the version of it), is in "auto mode" at default.
This means every time you load up a jew car/track combination, it will adjust the ffb gain of the car automatically over time of a few laps. For me it always starts at 200%, after pit lane it goes down to about 140% and after some kerbs, slides, (walls, lol) it will settle between 120% and 90%.
It then saves the settings in an ini file so when you load up the same combination, it will NOT be in auto mode again.

I guess this is what happens for you!

BTW I truly recommend to not use the gamma settings. They were good but once I really figured out how the LUT works I abandoned the rest completely.
So this thread still serves it's purpose but it's not what I use or would use ever again, personally!

If you click on the download one with my lut files you can post in the support area, which is in fact just another thread :)

Hello,
i'm using your Settings for the g27 for a while now, sooo good.
But my brother and i just bought a second Wheel to Play against each other: and it's a g29

So i heard technically the g27 and g29 are the same, but the logitech profiler and Driver is differently.

How can i use the exact same Setting with the g29?

Thank you

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back